X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STFU
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• In Ukraine, nothing significant has happened since I last posted about that war. Observers note that the RAF are increasing the number of soldiers in the Avdiivka direction. RAF have also increased troop number in Bakhmut, The RAF still hold this town. It's clear that the RAF have no regard for troop losses as they continue to throw large numbers of them at well defended UAF positions. The UAF are much less likely to do that to win territory. Very early in this war, someone pointed out here that the Russians have more men that they can send into battle. A war of troop and equipment attrition favors the Russians. OTH, Putin has to worry about stability of the Russian economy that is suffering. As long as western nations continue to provide support to Ukraine, that's not an issue for them. The continuation of aid from the west is at risk and Putin counts on that to win his war of aggression.

In Gaza, the IDF has begun a limited incursion from the north and east in what looks like an encirclement of Gaza city. It's a siege with the intent of punishing Hamas by denying them fuel and electricity. IDF officials and political leadership in Israel have made it clear the war could last for a year or more. Meanwhile the global outcry over the humanitarian cost on Palestinians is increasing. There are calls for a humanitarian cease fire. The Israelis are rejecting all of them. Most of the world has forgotten what started all of this and that the Israelis are not going to stop until Hamas' capacity to fight and govern is subdued.

I've seen a lot of reporting on who will govern Gaza post war. It is a difficult question and not one with a lot of good options. Pre-war, the issue of a Palestinian state - the two state solution - was dead. Perhaps a good outcome of this war will be a renewed emphasis on solving this decades long issue. There are options but, again, not a lot good ones. Proposals for a joint Arab states governance of Gaza with a designated singular leader with connections to Hamas and Israel is key. Also difficult with Arab states not lining up to do that sort of thing. They will very likely provide funds to rebuild Gaza.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I don't understand why Gaza can't go back to Egypt, who owned the place before the 1967 war. Seems like Egypt would want it back because it was their property.

But Egypt doesn't want it back?
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          The Far Left and Far Right in the US have taken pretty similar positions on Israel. Proving politics is a circle.
          Do you have any quotes or anything from the far right that would support this? I listen to right-leaning stuff, and I've not heard a word. The right supports Israel. Emphatically.

The Gaza residents are the Philistines and have been warring with Israel and Egypt for thousands of years.

What concerns me most is that Mossad missed this. That has far-reaching ramifications.

Same thing applies to the CIA, except I don't have a very high regard for them anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            Oh, it's passing -- my only quesiton is by more or less than the August amendment was rejected. And, of course, will the people who screamed "DEMOCRACY IS DYING!!!" when the Supreme Court returned this issue to the people to, you know, vote on -- will they acknowledge how blindingly fucking stupid they are?
            Yup. People voting (and being encouraged to vote by the SC) about what they want the law to be where they live. That is about as basic as it gets. There will be winners and losers, and then everything will settle down and folks will go about their lives.

It is easy to see why authoritarians want nothing to do with the messiness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Do you have any quotes or anything from the far right that would support this? I listen to right-leaning stuff, and I've not heard a word. The right supports Israel. Emphatically.

The Gaza residents are the Philistines and have been warring with Israel and Egypt for thousands of years.

What concerns me most is that Mossad missed this. That has far-reaching ramifications.

Same thing applies to the CIA, except I don't have a very high regard for them anymore.
              I said Far Right, not the Normie Right. Go read some of the things the Alt Right is posting on Twitter. Loathsome creeps like Nick Fuentes or Jackson Hinkle. Go check out Douglas McGregor’s feed. He’s the “military expert” that’s been predicting Ukraine’s imminent defeat for 20 months and pushing pro-Hamas propaganda now. Hell, there are people working for Glenn Becks company openly wondering why we are bothering to choose a side. AMERICA FIRST!

Comment

• What concerns me most is that Mossad missed this.
                This

Comment

• Bob Knight is dead at eighty-three

Comment

• The Nazi lady who lost her local mayoral race in Franklin, TN (bigly) is now entering the sweet sugar train racket that is election denial with the help of crash’s boy, Mark Finchem.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      Oh, it's passing -- my only quesiton is by more or less than the August amendment was rejected. And, of course, will the people who screamed "DEMOCRACY IS DYING!!!" when the Supreme Court returned this issue to the people to, you know, vote on -- will they acknowledge hoe blindingly fucking stupid they are?
                      if the volume of advertisements and yard signs against Issue 1 are any indicator, it's going down in flames. The "Pro" side has almost zero PR. My totally scientific "Yard Sign" assessment hit the mark for the ballot issue in August, so let's see if it's right this time.

The "anti" side is making a lot of questionable claims about the amendment. The language of the amendment specifically mentions "viability" of the fetus and does not mention gential mutliation surgery, but the "anti" side are arguing that this amendment enables those for minors and unrestricted abortion up until birth.. It does seem a bit far fetched although knowing how much mileage the Left has gotten int he courts with activist judges, I'm highly receptive to the "slippery slope" argument here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Same thing applies to the CIA, except I don't have a very high regard for them anymore.​
                        What should concern you even more is the possibility that they didn't.

Also, I disagree that the Right emphatically supports Israel. Republican politicians all do. But there is a very sizeable contingent in their base that is either "America First", anti-Israel, or wholly anti-Jew.

Comment

• This is an issue where people will stand on a wall. It's not DJT where they will sheepishly vote for him without informing their neighbors. When I ride my bike I see tons of signs. Where I live, it's considerably more Yes but there are a noticeable number of No signs. When I ride in rural Ohio, it's opposite.

I still think it's 55-57 Yes.

There is vague lanuage in the amendment and I ultimately think a conservative Supreme Court will narrow this bill in very good ways. For example, you can't "indirectly" infringe any "individual's" right to an abortion -- a left-leaning judge could easily say no parental consent for minors on that. And, since this is the standard language pro-choice groups are putting on the ballot, I suspect some states will. But, Ohio will not.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Maybe they aren't running the ads in all media markets but here in Columbus I've seen way more commercials urging a vote YES on Issue 1 than against. There was an article in the Dispatch recently that the pro-Issue 1 side had significantly more money than the anti side. They blew all their money trying to win the August special election.

Comment

• Yeah, I can't see how Issue 1 doesn't pass.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Comity in the Republican caucus, lol

Comment

Working...
                                X