No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's 3 questions. Revise and resubmt.

1. I don't think we need to have US boots on the ground. Air and Naval support should be all they need. I guess if for some reason it came down to that I would be for it. They just committed the biggest atrocities on mankind (proportionately) since Hitler.

2. I'm for strikes on strategic targets within Iran...first and foremost their oil refineries and their nuclear manufacturing facilities. We'll talk about boots on the ground IF it came to that.

3. As I've already said...issue a GTFO to all civilians in Gaza...then bomb the mother fucking shit out of the place. There are places they can go without needing vetting immediately. I'm no logistics expert but those are my takes.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
      You must be so proud Michiganders...
      We're not sending our best.

Comment

• Politics in Michigan are pretty fucked up.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Jeff, we have a 2nd carrier group on the Eastern Mediterranean. The Dwight D. Eisenhower is joining the Gerald Ford.

Comment

• I think Israel has told everyone in Gaza to head for Egypt pronto.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              I think Israel has told everyone in Gaza to head for Egypt pronto.
              Holy Moses
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Should I get the popcorn ready?

Comment

• Yes. Go watch Charlton Heston and get some Orville Redenbacher to get ready...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    Jeff, we have a 2nd carrier group on the Eastern Mediterranean. The Dwight D. Eisenhower is joining the Gerald Ford.
                    What this tells me is that the preparations I listed up thread (positioning 2 if not 3 CBGs in the med and deploying MARCENT, the USMC Component of CENTCOM to Bahrain as a show of force) were undertaken probably as early as Sunday morning. That's a first move. Follow-on forces may already be being prepared. The way this works is that warning orders come out to prepare for deployment, specifics to follow - its a very orderly process. Unit members are called back off leave, unit pack-ups for deployment are staged at USAF airbases to be loaded on aircraft. Army and USMC ground units are all stationed within trucking distance of USAF bases to facilitate transfer and loading in matters of hours. Naval transport is organized for longer term delivery of heavy equipment too large for aircraft transport.

Although it's a long time ago, review for yourselves how quickly massive amounts of equipment and personnel were moved into Kuwait and squadrons deployed to pre-planned deployment bases in preparation for Dessert Storm. Then recall the lightening military and political success of that operation. Well, it can be repeated and the threat of that has to be put on the table with diplomats setting conditions, ultimatums actually, to adversary counterparts with drop dead dates to trigger phases of movement to a war footing that have been established at the National Security Council Level.

I want everyone to know that US armed forces readiness to form an impressive deterrent force on short notice to the ME is real. My understanding of how this is done, what's involved and the combat power that can be assembled is in my wheelhouse. I was involved in it directly right before I retired in '90. I suspect the US's ability to do this isn't much different today than it was when Desert Storm was undertaken in 1990. The logistics of such assembly and movements get's practiced at scale once every 2-3years. All the possible war time scenarios involving the ME at war are gamed and military objectives defined way in advance, force structures matched to contingencies and the contingencies are practiced, full scale on the regular. The US can step in, and to answerer Whitley's question, yes, I'm down with boots on the ground where they are needed in the ME to permit the application of maximum penalties to Hamas and their supporters for what they did on Saturday.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Lebanon/Hezbollah is on notice with two carriers off their coast. I think you’ll see that saber rattling stop pretty fucking quick.

And, yes, it’s time for Iran to get a little taste.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                        That's 3 questions. Revise and resubmt.

1. I don't think we need to have US boots on the ground. Air and Naval support should be all they need. I guess if for some reason it came down to that I would be for it. They just committed the biggest atrocities on mankind (proportionately) since Hitler.

2. I'm for strikes on strategic targets within Iran...first and foremost their oil refineries and their nuclear manufacturing facilities. We'll talk about boots on the ground IF it came to that.

3. As I've already said...issue a GTFO to all civilians in Gaza...then bomb the mother fucking shit out of the place. There are places they can go without needing vetting immediately. I'm no logistics expert but those are my takes.
                        The biggest question is WHERE do the civilians go? For 16 years, Israel and Egypt have had a blockade around Gaza. Israel isn't going to take anyone. Egypt has been awfully quiet. The civilians need a place to go to. Pretty sure Egypt isn't going to take them. If Israel and Egypt not taking them where do they go?

All for going after Hamas. But civilians are not Hamas.

There is a real chance to do a lot of good against terrorism. Let's hope Israel makes better choices than the US did. It is not encouraging sign when the IDF Minister referring to those in Gaza as "human animals". That is final solution type talk.
                        2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• so the 150 hostages up to 20 Americans

any chance any get saved would have to be american led extraction --seal team etc

pretty much if your israel you assume they are dead and on with the show

but its gonna get real ugly if hamas starts televising hostage executions

Comment

• Well, I mean, Hamas uses civillians as shields. They put their HQs under a hospital. They hide weapons in mosques. They care not a lick about killing civillians - their own civillians.

And, these people elected them to run Gaza. When Israel pulled out. When Israel actually forced Israelis to leave Gaza. Gaza held elections. Hamas won. Free and fair. Israel didn't blockade them until, you know, almost immediately rockets started flying into Israel.

And it is again worth reiterating that these fucks are "from river to the sea" people. That's what you're dealing with. Either capitulate or fight. That's it. There is no negotiate.

So, if I'm Israel, the question is simply: "Well, it's my civillians or there civillians." And that's 100% goddamn true and its' 100% a result of Hamas. ONE. HUNDRED. FUCKING. PERCENT.

Comment

• And if you're not familiar with Hamas is doing to civillians I suggest you take fucking look and bear fucking witness. BEAR. FUCKING. WITNESS.

This is what Hamas is. Some of us have known it for decades.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                And if you're not familiar with Hamas is doing to civillians I suggest you take fucking look and bear fucking witness. BEAR. FUCKING. WITNESS.

This is what Hamas is. Some of us have known it for decades.

Back in 2019, Israel was supporting Hamas because they felt Hamas was the more secular than Fatah (which administers the West Bank). Maybe if they knew decades ago they should have not supported them. Don't get me wrong Fatah is corrupt too.

BTW, Israel bombed the land bridge to Egypt, so I guess they can't leave that way. I guess they will just die there.

This is Israeli 9/11. Let's hope they handle it a lot better than the US did. The first indications are not promising.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

Working...
                                X