No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would treat 99% of what is showing up on the internet as a ground swell of support for the Palestinians as Russian, Chinese and Iranian engineered disinformation. There was a section today in ISW's daily updates that the Russian agencies responsible for disinformation campaigns are already leveraging the armed incursion by Hamas fighters into Israel to sew chaos within the US. Keep in mind, Putin is very big on getting behind any kind of anti-democratic, anti-western operation for the singular purpose of augmenting his current messaging that portends the collapse of western hegemony and the building of a new world order - of course with Russia, along with his co-conspirators - calling the shots.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
      I would treat 99% of what is showing up on the internet as a ground swell of support for the Palestinians as Russian, Chinese and Iranian engineered disinformation. There was a section today in ISW's daily updates that the Russian agencies responsible for disinformation campaigns are already leveraging the armed incursion by Hamas fighters into Israel to sew chaos within the US. Keep in mind, Putin is very big on getting behind any kind of anti-democratic, anti-western operation for the singular purpose of augmenting his current messaging that portends the collapse of western hegemony and the building of a new world order - of course with Russia, along with his co-conspirators - calling the shots.
      Well we have plenty of people here willing to be abject assholes and either refuse to believe what happened or even praise Hamas for "resisting".

My secondary point is when I read that Harvard letter of 34 student organizations standing with Palestine, they all had very similar names like "Somalis for Free Palestine" or "Free Palestine Society". Listing all the groups makes it seem like potentially a lot of people but my wager is that every one of them has just a handful of members and there's a huge amount of crossover.

And since Saturday they've gone so far as to scrub the original letter of all these names to "protect" their members.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Oh there's all sorts of student group statements floating around that are pathetic, utterly idiotic, and divorced from reality. I question how many people most of them are really speaking for though.
        Yeah, I haven't posted any of that stuff because most of it comes from obviously Islamic groups.

The only comments I find worth mentioning are from our elected representatives or appointed representatives of an elected official. Harvard's End Jewish Occupation group doesn't really interest me.

*EDIT -- Oops -- just saw the post above -- yeah, when you spend any time at all digging it's obvious who is supporting the Hamas mass murder. The only comment I'd make -- and it's made with equal amounts snark and truth -- is that these endorsements are far less likely to result in University action against the speaker than, say, taking a stand against Lia Thomas or, god forbid, BLM. But, while true, it's irrelevant to this conversation.
        Last edited by iam416; October 10, 2023, 02:40 PM.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Anyway, my singular point from which everything else flows is that you absolutely must understand what motivates each side or, for that matter, a third-party motherfucker like, say, Iran. If you get that wrong then whatever your proposed solution is will almost certainly be wrong (allowing for sheer happenstance). If you think the Palenstinians are motivated simply to be treated equally and fairly or whatever, then you really, really really don't understand river to sea.

Comment

• Jeff, it isn’t 99%. I had a text thread with some family today and it was brought to my attention that, apparently, one of my nephews is all over social media posting equivocating bullshit. Who’s the REAL terrorists? Recent college grad, of course.

Comment

• Tlaib and Omar had bad statements. Just today AOC and Jamaal Bowman actually released statements completely denouncing that NYC rally where the murders were more or less celebrated and one woman waved around a swastika. The Squad in disarray!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Tlaib and Omar had bad statements. Just today AOC and Jamaal Bowman actually released statements completely denouncing that NYC rally where the murders were more or less celebrated and one woman waved around a swastika. The Squad in disarray!!!!
                If there had been no swastika, it would have been on the up-and-up.

Comment

• Given what Hamas did -- Hamas, btw, being the elected government of Gaza -- given what they did, I cannot fathom marching in support of Gaza immediately after. I just can't. It sends only one message.

I also can't fathom saying -- "woah -- let's everyone calm down and settle this like grown ups" -- (a) rewarding Hamas for mass murder; and (b) displaying full ignorance of what motivates these motherfuckers.

I have real problems with both of those things.

Comment

• didn't see noodlebrain's speech today

and no I don't mean the wiz

the other noodle brain say anything worth a damn

has to be the final nail for biden to wind up dropping out

Comment

• Biden's statement today was actually fairly decent. His Press Sec today called the statements by Tlaib and Omar "disgraceful and repugnant".

Trump has been spending more time whining about being left off the Forbes 400 list than expressing any kind of sympathy or support to Israel. That or he posts for the 50th time that Republicans must stop attacking each other and unite behind him, right before launching into 75 attacks on DeSantis, Haley, Romney, Bush, FoxNews, etc. etc.

Comment

• Why would it urge him to drop out? The progressive base is fully on board with Hamas. If anyone doesn’t believe me, go read comments over at Huff Post.

Comment

• I mean if after reports of beheaded children and babies (which I suspect will turn out to be true) you're still throwing block parties to celebrate the "resistance" and screaming that this is what "decolonialization" looks like, you're pretty much a piece of shit looking to disguise your personal hatred behind a so-called noble cause.

Comment

• Concur.

Comment

• So AOC and Bowman are both trying to sing a different tune, eh? The congressman and congresswoman from NYC? Methinks they came down with a sudden and severe case of Primary Flu.

Good thing the Internet is forever. I wonder if her thoughts on the Iron Dome are available.
                              Last edited by Mike; October 10, 2023, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Truth bombs. I recommend reading Bari’s essay with a stiff drink nearby.

Comment

Working...
                                X