No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because they aren't self-centered, narcissistic pricks. That's why, a-hole.

Comment

• Pathetic hack and sycophant Peter Navarro found guilty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Pathetic hack and sycophant Peter Navarro found guilty.
        Boom!

Next!
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
          Why do some people vote for Democrats?

Because they are fucking imbeciles.
          In the case of Montpelier — because they haven’t experienced the catastrophic effects of the left’s cultural policies up close enough yet. That will change soon.

Martha’s Vineyard got a microscopic taste and they didn’t last two days. Fewer and fewer people, however, have the means to find refuge in an isolated enclave. The White Liberal is an endangered species.
          Last edited by Hannibal; September 8, 2023, 05:54 AM.

Comment

• WHY PEOPLE VOTE DEM:

1. Their parents did...and since Dems cannot think for themselves...they must follow.
            2. They like free shit.
            3. They are lazy (thus #2)
            4. They are stupid (thus #3 and #2)
            5. Their friends will shame them if they don't.
            6. They believe every word from the MSM (because of #4)

It all kinda ties together.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• FB_IMG_1694133396791.jpg
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Regarding the latest legal tactic against Donald Trump—using the 14th Amendment to prohibit Trump's name from appearing on ballots within various states—I don’t think I can say it any better than this recent essay by the Wall Street Journal. I will post the link below and I will also post the entirety of the editorial in the comment section for those who don’t subscribe to the WSJ.

Two things of particular interest stand out. The first is the WSJ observation: “When [opponents of Trump] fight the former President in the voting booth, they have won every time since they lost with Hillary Clinton in 2016. But when they use lawfare, impeachment, or phony collusion claims, they make Mr. Trump stronger.”

Opponents of Trump appear desperate. They’ve also made it clear they will use all the powers of the progressive bureaucratic state to prevent anyone from ever voting for Mr. Trump again.

In doing so, they are reinforcing the basic message that Trump has been sounding for years: That the whole system is rigged. This energizes support for Trump; it does not diminish support.

If you want to beat Trump, it's much better for what little remains of our self-governing Constitutional republic to beat him at the ballot box.

Also of note from the WSJ: “It is surely relevant that Mr. Trump hasn’t been charged with insurrection under 18 U.S.C. Section 2383. Does anyone think special prosecutor Jack Smith would have refrained from charging that crime if he believed he could prove it in court? Instead he has charged a conspiracy to overturn the election, but that is not a rebellion.”

It is striking and impossible to miss that Jack Smith—one of the desperate progressives looking to take Mr. Trump out of politics by any means necessary—did not charge Trump with insurrection, a crime that is legally defined in the United States Code.

Political disputes should be settled politically. Political disputes should not be transformed into scandals and lawsuits that are settled by prosecutors, special counsels, judges, and bureaucrats.

There’s more, too.

The link to the piece is here. The text of the essay will be below in the comments. Whether you are someone who supports Trump or you’re one of the many who now hates him after he switched his party affiliation from D to R, I encourage you to think about this little thought-piece written by an editorial staff that has consistently condemned Mr. Trump since the January 6 fiasco.​
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The argument is so remarkably bad that some Ds may just actually do it. I mean -- I don't actually think they're stupid enough to rely on a total bullshit 14th A interpretation to overtly deny voters a fair election. But, I never underestimate either party's ability to find bedrock moroniocy and drill right through it.

If and when DJT is convicted of sedition or treason, the argument becomes good. But he has to be indicted on that first -- and it's goddamn fucking obvious that as much as the prosecutors wanna stretch the law to get DJT, even they can't stretch it that far. Not even for an indictment. So, the only possible option is to have a D in some State unilaterally declare that he/she think it's treason/sedition and that'll do -- because you can't actually do it through the process. It's mind-blowingly fucking stupid.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Well...we are talking about Adam Schiff...not exactly a beacon of honesty and intelligence...for one...I'm guessing this is a trial balloon...and it's a balloon with massive leaks...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• No doubt Schiff is a stunningly dishonest piece of shit.

Right now we have rational middle that neither party is particularly interested in engaging and, instead, each tries to find new and even more implausible ways to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

So, yeah -- I can actually see the Ds doing this. I would bet against it -- but, amazingly, I can't rule it out.

Comment

• How far could it actually get in the individual states? I would think this would be struck down by the USSC pretty quick and they would have to review it ASAP???
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Seems to me to be the tail wagging the dog...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Oh, it'd get struck down post haste. But the fact that it would get to that point means some D somewhere tried and that's all DJT would need to basically say, "see, I told you...all that "democracy" shit that they're talking about -- they want to completely rig the election."

I mean, there isn't a single level where this isn't preposterously stupid.

Comment

• Watchdog group files suit seeking to keep Trump off Colorado ballot under 14th Amendment

A group of voters in Colorado argue that Trump is disqualified from holding public office under a rarely used provision of the 14th Amendment.

Washington — A group of voters in Colorado filed a lawsuit Wednesday seeking to keep former President Donald Trump off the ballot in the state, arguing he is disqualified from holding public office under a rarely used provision of the 14th Amendment.

The suit was filed in state court in Denver by Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington (CREW) on behalf of six Republican and unaffiliated voters who are challenging Trump's listing as a candidate on the 2024 Republican presidential primary ballot and any future ballot.

The plaintiffs are asking the court to declare that Trump, the current frontrunner for the GOP presidential nomination, is disqualified for public office under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment and therefore constitutionally ineligible to appear on any Colorado ballot. They also want the court to block Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold from taking any action that would allow Trump access to the ballot.

Comment

• We had this discussion several weeks ago. I posted an Atlantic article that argued for application of 14A to prevent Trump from running. Talent provided a host of both legal and practical reasons why 14A didn't come close to being applicable and that promoting this stupid idea just gave power and platform to DJT. Best thing to do continues to be to ignore Trump in the primary season and let the voters send him a message in the general that he will never be president again.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X