Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    Pretty much the whole field has no shot at beating Trump anyway...
    I'm still trying to fool myself into thinking otherwise. We forget just how far off actual primary season is and polls at this point in the process almost always prove to be way off compared to how it actually plays out. I know we've gone over the examples before but I remember specifically Giuliani being far out front in August/September 2008.

Yes, Trump has created a new calculus all of his own but we still need to see what affect his legal cases and likely conviction of some kind have on the race. That's certainly unchartered waters for a presidential campaign. The key will be for a clear-cut candidate to emerge from the rest of the group so the anti-Trumpers can coalesce around one person. Remember: Trump is winning a plurality but he's only in the 40s meaning a majority of R primary voters prefer someone else. As long as the "someone else" camp is divided several ways, Trump will easily win.

Comment

• My summary:
      - Hutchinson. I can’t recall anything that Asa Hutchinson said. No idea why he’s there. Waste of time.
      - Berghum was like “argh! The constitution!” Very simple minded and consistent responses.
      - Pence. Talked very slow and consistently interrupted. Think he’s propped up in polls by extremely religious and dull people. Think we would all be happy if Pence tanked.
      - Scott. Honestly forgot he was there.
      - Christie. Yes, good answer about UFOs.
      - Haley. She’s a good debater, but clearly establishment. War mongering. Maybe the best Rs stance on abortion though? … a policy that has KILLED Rs in recent elections.
      - Vivek. Nationalism and polarizing. Attacked on all fronts. Probably Trump’s VP, if not Kari Lake.
      - DeSantis. Standard, a little more fired up, DeSantis.

Yeah, nothing much new. Trump and Vivek own ~65% of the Rs polls.
      Last edited by Cody_Russell; August 24, 2023, 09:01 AM.
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The problem you face in beating Trump is he has about a 40% hard core following where he could spit in their face and still get their vote...the ONLY hope is for the R's to get it to a mano y mano battle...and Trump actually debate on stage...and even then it will be tough.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
          My summary:
          - Hutchinson. I can’t recall anything that Asa Hutchinson said. No idea why he’s there. Waste of time.
          - Berghum was like “argh! The constitution!” Very simple minded and consistent responses.
          - Pence. Talked very slow and consistently interrupted. Think he’s propped up in polls by extremely religious and dull people. Think we would all be happy if Pence tanked.
          - Scott. Honestly forgot he was there.
          - Christie. Yes, good answer about UFOs.
          - Haley. She’s a good debater, but clearly establishment. War mongering. Maybe the best Rs stance on abortion though? … a policy that has KILLED Rs in recent elections.
          - Vivek. Nationalism and polarizing. Attack on all fronts. Probably Trump’s VP, if not Kari Lake.
          - DeSantis. Standard, a little more fired up, DeSantis.

Yeah, nothing much new.
          Nailed it.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• If I had to declare a winner it would be DeSantis...as far as the Presidential side of it. If you look at it from a VP standpoint...Vivek won.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Gladiator GIF

Comment

• STFU
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I was not entertained.

Comment

• DSL is about as entertaining as a retarded kid with one leg that spins around in a circle on the street corner...sure you laugh at first...then you just pity him...then you walk away...hoping to never see that again...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Let Wiz serve as a painful reminder as to the dangers of drinking sterno.

Comment

• Don't knock til you try it brother...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I thought Haley won the night. I also thought Vivek hit the nail on the head when he called climate change a "hoax".

Mostly, I resented the FOX questions about J6 and abortion coming before questions about the economy or the border.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
                            I thought Haley won the night. I also thought Vivek hit the nail on the head when he called climate change a "hoax".

Mostly, I resented the FOX questions about J6 and abortion coming before questions about the economy or the border.
                            The debate was ran by the Trump Network in an arena full of Trump supporters and they wanted ACTION. It was a fucking clown show for the most part.

Comment

• I thought Haley had the best take on abortion...but that was about all she had.

Nobody really made much of an advance. The only thing for sure is Asa, Fatty, Bergum and Pence need to drop out today.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Here's the real question of the day.

Do you have the over or under?

​​​​​​The line currently sits over/under 278.5 pounds.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X