No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What makes you think people pay attention to all that? The Bachelorette is going down to the finals.

Comment

• Yeah, she's got to sleep with all those guys while the whole world watches, .. so she can eventually tell all of them to bugger off
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
        I really cant understand how working class america facing gas prices, grocery bills, more covid BS talk, watching the CINC struggle to be coherant, watching illegals flood the borders, watching billions and billions continue to flow to ukraine with no accountability, watch the tax cut possibly expire next year, watch th average cost of a new car soar over 50K, watch a DOJ with as 2 sided a justice system as you'll ever see, watch mobs overun anything they want with no rule of law etc etc etc could ever vote for the status quo
        Sort of what Mike said. A lot of "working class America" doesn't vote. Like ever. And maybe consider the possibility that your version of "reality" isn't as widely shared as you think it is.

Comment

• 7wniub.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
            I really cant understand how working class america facing gas prices, grocery bills, more covid BS talk, watching the CINC struggle to be coherant, watching illegals flood the borders, watching billions and billions continue to flow to ukraine with no accountability, watch the tax cut possibly expire next year, watch th average cost of a new car soar over 50K, watch a DOJ with as 2 sided a justice system as you'll ever see, watch mobs overun anything they want with no rule of law etc etc etc could ever vote for the status quo
            There is a huge contingent of the population that only votes on abortion. That describes about half of the people that I work with. They would vote for Weimar inflation and gulags if it meant getting to keep their orgasms consequence-free.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              369709505_668765395287398_8813553028171420625_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=jM90-OIZeaoAX-UgG7B&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-1.xx&oh=00_AfDuDO9Bnaavti2s2BrbDys9rp6_y1ZJuJWNTAPmBcCt0w&oe=64EAF184.jpg

I'll bet none of you young whipper snappers remember a menu like this.

I do. Downtown Flint .. Woolworths snack counter. I thought the Cheeseburger plate at $0.60 was too much!
              What year is that from?

Comment

• Use of the term "french fried potato" dates it to the 40's or 50's by my guess.

Comment

• Also it's weird to see "chop suey" randomly on the menu but that may have actually been sort of a beefaroni type concoction and not a real attempt at a Chinese dish.

Comment

• The reason for Trump's superseding indictment in July was because his Director of IT at Mar-a-Lago flipped on him. After dumping his Trump-bought attorney.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        Also it's weird to see "chop suey" randomly on the menu but that may have actually been sort of a beefaroni type concoction and not a real attempt at a Chinese dish.
                        Here is the Woolworth “Chop Suey Chow Main” recipe:

Woolworth's Chop Suey Chow Mein recipe from our restaurant recipes collection.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Mama Wizzie used to make chop suey...as I recall it was soy sauce based with copped beef cuts and veggies poured over rice.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• My mother used to make that in the pressure cooker. She used beef rather than pork and I remember a lot of bean sprouts.

Chop Suey was a pretty popular dish in the 60s
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Exactly CGVT...Mom used the pressure cooker and beef...and a whole friggin can of those sprouts...but it was one of my favorite meals she made along with Hungarian Goulash...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It's a shame Mama Wizard wasn't more heavy-handed with the arsenic.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X