No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heh heh, Veep is so much more an accurate portrait of what DC is than House of Cards ever was.

Comment

• I've seen interviews with Julia Louis-Dreyfus and other cast members who were horrified to learn from Washington insiders that Veep was an accurate portrayal of D.C.'s inner workings.

Comment

• Yeah, and we’re not that far away from Idiocracy.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• "Never trust a man who has a Waffle House as his profile pic"

THE_WIZARD_ circa 2023

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• It's shameful ....... there is only one Waffle House that I am aware of in the entirety of Broward Co. Since COVID reopening they continued to only do takeout. It is the strangest thing. In the northeast burbs of Atlanta were we lived before Fort Lauderdale, Gwinnett Co., there was nearly a Waffle House on every major intersection. Obviously, Wiz has never had the "All-Star Special" or knows that Waffle House sells more steak platters than any restaurants in the US, nor has he enjoyed an order of hash browns "smothered and covered."
            Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; August 21, 2023, 10:36 AM.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I just read CA is free of extreme drought for the first time in 3 years. Is weather cyclical or not? Pretty clear too many folks in the world don't know that it is and has been since historical records were kept maybe reliably as far back as the early BCs. I'm not a global warming denier - it's hard to ignore the earth's atmosphere is experiencing rising temperatures but the major weather features that determine global weather are clearly cyclical. The hype in the rush to limit CO2 emissions, and how the pursuit of doing that is leading to crushing impact on progress that benefits the human race is a bigger risk to liberal democracy than climate change itself.

Speaking of the risks to liberal democracy, are posters here dismissing the proposition that 14A could prevent DJT from appearing on state and county wide ballots for president?
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                I just read CA is free of extreme drought for the first time in 3 years. Is weather cyclical or not? Pretty clear too many folks in the world don't know that it is and has been since historical records were kept maybe reliably as far back as the early BCs. I'm not a global warming denier - it's hard to ignore the earth's atmosphere is experiencing rising temperatures but the major weather features that determine global weather are clearly cyclical. The hype in the rush to limit CO2 emissions, and how the pursuit of doing that is leading to crushing impact on progress that benefits the human race is a bigger risk to liberal democracy than climate change itself.

Speaking of the risks to liberal democracy, are posters here dismissing the proposition that 14A could prevent DJT from appearing on state and county wide ballots for president?
                I don't think that will happen. If it did, it would only be in a deep blue state that he wouldn't win anyway. He'll simply be defeated the old-fashioned way: At the ballot box... AGAIN.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                  "Never trust a man who has a Waffle House as his profile pic"

THE_WIZARD_ circa 2023
                  It’s a Billy Ray Van Gogh.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You had me at Billy Ray...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                      It's shameful ....... there is only one Waffle House that I am aware of in the entirety of Broward Co. Since COVID reopening they continued to only do takeout. It is the strangest thing. In the northeast burbs of Atlanta were we lived before Fort Lauderdale, Gwinnett Co., there was nearly a Waffle House on every major intersection. Obviously, Wiz has never had the "All-Star Special" or knows that Waffle House sells more steak platters than any restaurants in the US, nor has he enjoyed an order of hash browns "smothered and covered."
                      I LOVE Waffle House. Some of the best coffee I've ever had. And Jeff is right about the All Star Special, and the steak platters. You wouldn't think that a waffle joint would serve a good steak, but they do. Smothered and covered hash browns are top notch.

And there are NO Waffle Houses in Michigan. The closest they get to us is freaking Toledo. I love WH, but I ain't going to Toledo to eat breakfast.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I think the majority of states have laws banning convicted felons from appearing on the ballot directly. That's a more realistic scenario than any 14th Amendment challenge to Trump's candidacy.

Comment

• More Waffle House...less DSL...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wizzie's Wing Dumpster: the only place in Ogallala that could make WH look like fine dining.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              Wizzie's Wing Dumpster: the only place in Ogallala that could make WH look like fine dining.
                              Even you can't piss me off when I'm thinking of Waffle House...you cretin...waffle house.jpg
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                                More Waffle House...less DSL...
                                Thirded and fourthed.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X