• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think CGVT and DSL are PROGbots...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Minimum wage jobs are just that. So, a HS Junior gets a job at a burger joint and makes minimum wage. If she sticks with it, she gets raises and something to put on her resume. Odds are she uses this as a step-stool to go to college, trade school, or open her own business. If she sticks with it and does a good job, she goes into store management to make more or uses her “restaurant” experience to become waitstaff at a higher end place.

Entry-level minimum wage jobs were starting points, not end points. If a high schooler can be hired and be a functioning member of the team within a couple of days, then your value is limited. The more uneconomical the minimum wage entry level job becomes, the more automation will take over.

When minimum wage started, it was 25 cents an hour (about 5 bucks in today’s money). We have lost our way. Bring on the robots.
      Correct.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Minimum wage jobs are just that. So, a HS Junior gets a job at a burger joint and makes minimum wage. If she sticks with it, she gets raises and something to put on her resume. Odds are she uses this as a step-stool to go to college, trade school, or open her own business. If she sticks with it and does a good job, she goes into store management to make more or uses her “restaurant” experience to become waitstaff at a higher end place.

Entry-level minimum wage jobs were starting points, not end points. If a high schooler can be hired and be a functioning member of the team within a couple of days, then your value is limited. The more uneconomical the minimum wage entry level job becomes, the more automation will take over.

When minimum wage started, it was 25 cents an hour (about 5 bucks in today’s money). We have lost our way. Bring on the robots.
        ...the Progs know all this...but they demagogue it anyway...just like student loan debt...they do because they know the average idiot voter will eat it up...class envy always sells...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You can tell a lot about somebody by how they treat their staff.

I've done well enough for myself that I can basically eat out all the time (and do). I've seen an enormous amount of shitty customer behavior. My sympathy is overwhelmingly with the servers and bartenders of the world. At the same time I also "get" that there's folks who maybe can afford to only eat out once a month at a mid-range chain like Longhorn and really, really want it to be special. So when something disappoints, they overreact. Me, I can take a bad meal in stride, come back the next day, and have a good one.

Comment

• So you get the employee discount at Hardee's...braggart...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
              The wage pop caused by covid was like the release of a dam that had been building up for decades. Between 1980 and 2020 real wages grew at a snail's pace compared to the period between 1940 and 1980, especially for the bottom 50% which has experienced negative wage growth for much of the past 40 years.
              That was primarily because the Democrats chose to outsource good manufacturing jobs to East Asia.

There were real gains during the Trump years, but that was negated in 2020 by the pandemic. Tax cuts, mostly going to the bottom 50% of wage earners, caused an increase in disposable income which fueled economic growth.

I always fail to understand why the Ds say they want to make the working man's life easier, but when a tax cut is passed that is directed specifically at the working man, the Ds vote against it. That is the reason the working man is moving to the R party in droves (and why Trump was elected in 2016). The D party is now made up of all the takers (government employees, criminals, welfare recipients, blacks, and illegals). That makes a 52% majority not counting the voter fraud already in the system.

Comment

• No...this isn't political at all....nooooo

ATLANTA (AP) — The prosecutor in Atlanta who obtained an indictment this week against former President Donald Trump and 18 others wants to take the case to trial in March.

Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis said in a proposed scheduling order filed with the court Wednesday that she wants the trial to start on March 4.

That would have the trial starting a day before Super Tuesday, when the most delegates are at stake in the primary contest to decide the next Republican presidential nominee. Roughly 14 primaries are set to be held across the country, from California and Texas to Massachusetts and Maine. Trump is currently his party’s dominant frontrunner.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

And it was all done without the government mandating a $15/hour federal minimum wage which the progs had long pushed for. Simple market economics did the trick, albeit with a bunch of helicopter money thrown in.

Also, we now have definitive proof (as if common sense didn't suffice) that when fast food workers start earning enough to buy a house, the prices for their products skyrocket. I don't think you can even get a combo meal anywhere for under $10. The prog argument was always something like $15/hour for fast food workers would translate to like a $0.09 increase in price. And when the 1BR apartment that Whitley dreamed of for years went from $600 to $750, well... they'll just need to make the minimum wage $20/hour, I guess.​
                  I don't often disagree with Mike, but the federal government most certainly imposed a $ 15/hr. minimum wage. They did it by paying workers who were laid off because of the pandemic $ 600.00 per week in guaranteed income at a minimum. That is $ 15.00/hr. for a 40 hour week. So, you could work in an entry level job at $ 10/ or sit at home for $15/. That is why the labor participation rate dropped and has never fully recovered. It is also why there is a historically low unemployment rate and why small businesses are going out of business because they can't find workers. Why work when the Dems pay big money to stay idle?

Comment

• I don't think I ever disputed that Geezer.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• terrifying govt.jpg
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Fulton County clerk....whoops....released indictment results before the actual indictment was complete by the grand jury....whoops....

Ummm...yeah.

A “mishap” led to the release of a “sample working document” listing charges against former President Donald Trump hours before his indictment in Georgia became official, the Fulton County Clerk’s Office revealed Tuesday.

The two-page docket posted on the office’s website Monday showed the 77-year-old former president facing 13 counts related to his alleged efforts to overturn the 2020 election result in the Peach State.

The document circulated online and was reported by several media outlets before the clerk’s office issued a statement — hours after its release — warning of a “fictitious document” but offering no explanation for how it made its way onto its website.

Fulton County officials now say the docket’s release was inadvertent and that it was uploaded during a “trial run,” before Trump’s fourth criminal indictment became official.

“In anticipation of issues that arise with entering a potentially large indictment, [Fulton County’s Clerk of Superior and Magistrate Courts Che] Alexander used charges that pre-exist in Odyssey to test the system and conduct a trial run,” the clerk’s office said in a statement Tuesday, referencing its case management software.

“Unfortunately, the sample working document led to the docketing of what appeared to be an indictment, but which was, in fact, only a fictitious docket sheet.”

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Not political at all.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

That was primarily because the Democrats chose to outsource good manufacturing jobs to East Asia.

There were real gains during the Trump years, but that was negated in 2020 by the pandemic. Tax cuts, mostly going to the bottom 50% of wage earners, caused an increase in disposable income which fueled economic growth.

I always fail to understand why the Ds say they want to make the working man's life easier, but when a tax cut is passed that is directed specifically at the working man, the Ds vote against it. That is the reason the working man is moving to the R party in droves (and why Trump was elected in 2016). The D party is now made up of all the takers (government employees, criminals, welfare recipients, blacks, and illegals). That makes a 52% majority not counting the voter fraud already in the system.
                            Geezer if you MUST serve me tripe, I'd appreciate it if it could at least be fresh tripe.

Describing the Paul Ryan/Trump tax cut as targeting the "working man" is one of your usual talking points and no one here believes it but you. Corporations were the overwhelming beneficiary.

Your "Democrats are the party of TAKERS!" schtick and reference to voter fraud are too boring to even respond to.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                              Fulton County clerk....whoops....released indictment results before the actual indictment was complete by the grand jury....whoops....

Ummm...yeah.

A “mishap” led to the release of a “sample working document” listing charges against former President Donald Trump hours before his indictment in Georgia became official, the Fulton County Clerk’s Office revealed Tuesday.

The two-page docket posted on the office’s website Monday showed the 77-year-old former president facing 13 counts related to his alleged efforts to overturn the 2020 election result in the Peach State.

The document circulated online and was reported by several media outlets before the clerk’s office issued a statement — hours after its release — warning of a “fictitious document” but offering no explanation for how it made its way onto its website.

Fulton County officials now say the docket’s release was inadvertent and that it was uploaded during a “trial run,” before Trump’s fourth criminal indictment became official.

“In anticipation of issues that arise with entering a potentially large indictment, [Fulton County’s Clerk of Superior and Magistrate Courts Che] Alexander used charges that pre-exist in Odyssey to test the system and conduct a trial run,” the clerk’s office said in a statement Tuesday, referencing its case management software.

“Unfortunately, the sample working document led to the docketing of what appeared to be an indictment, but which was, in fact, only a fictitious docket sheet.”

It listed the potential charges, not the results of the grand jury vote. Do you even read the articles you're posting?

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

I don't often disagree with Mike, but the federal government most certainly imposed a $ 15/hr. minimum wage. They did it by paying workers who were laid off because of the pandemic $ 600.00 per week in guaranteed income at a minimum. That is $ 15.00/hr. for a 40 hour week. So, you could work in an entry level job at $ 10/ or sit at home for $15/. That is why the labor participation rate dropped and has never fully recovered. It is also why there is a historically low unemployment rate and why small businesses are going out of business because they can't find workers. Why work when the Dems pay big money to stay idle?
                                LFPR in Feb 2020: 63.3
                                LFPR in July 2023: 62.6

More progress to make but it's not THAT far off.

Your beloved Trump (Hero of the Working Man) was all too happy to send checks to people with his dumb signature on them. Virtually every Republican in Congress stood behind Dear Leader and praised him for his magnificence.

All covid-related unemployment benefit boosts expired almost 2 years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X