Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

I'll post slower to help your comprehension. For this question it doesn't matter who is president or what the job is.

Do you think if you worked 40+ hours a week that you should be able to afford a nice studio/1 bedroom apartment?
    Unviersally? I would say no. I will say though that there should be a route to affluence that doesn't involve going deeply into debt to get a college degree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Mussolini, Hitler, and Franco (and to a degree, Stalin) were all cultural reactionaries that hated modernism, 20th century liberals, jazz music, abstract art, modern architecture, etc. etc. All of them romanticized the past, usually one or two centuries earlier, and wanted to force society to return to those imagined golden times.

Believing the past was far better than the present and definitely the future is a very, very conservative train of thought. Has nothing to do with progressivism, to be frank. No Prog is going to tell you we were all much better off 150 years ago.
      Conservatives are capable of separating civics/governance from the benefits of technology. I don't yearn for every feature of the past, but there are plenty of examples of societies that did pretty well for themselves, given the level of technology that was available to them. In the 1950s and 1960s the US made some incredible existential achievements like landing a man on the moon while continuing to grow a creative entertainment industry (that we dominated) and building our interstate highway system. And we did all of it with tax revenues per capita that weren't higher than what they are now.

There are also a lot of metrics in modern society that bode ill for the future, like fertility dropping below replacement rates in Western countries. That doesn't happen in a spiritually healthy and optimistic society. And neither does the horrible decline in culture and art that we are experiencing. We're in a late stage civilization -- close to the end of the "Good times create bad men" phase. I wish that enough people could see the "Bad men create harsh times" stage approaching so that we could change course. But alas, Democrats exist, and so we're stuck on the train to oblivion with a cement block on the throttle.
      Last edited by Hannibal; August 16, 2023, 03:40 PM.

Comment

• the-sky-is-falling-for-FB-advertisers-not.jpg
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• MSNBCbot
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The sky isn't falling CGVT...just your IQ...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• carterbaker commision in 2005 said mail in ballots were the biggest threat to election integrity.

2016 maybe 15 million mail ins with clinton getting just over 50% trump getting just under 50%

2020 about 50 million mail ins with biden getting about 40 mil of those trump maybe 10 mil

yes trump lost by not encouraging absentee voting

doesnt fix the probelm though that absentee voting en mass is not good for election integrity

I don't know what is sadder

that wiz took the time to type Bwahahahahahaha ad nauseum or I took the time to read it

really hope vivak does as well in the debates as he does with the media and with in person interactions

https://news.yahoo.com/ramaswamy-goe...230547638.html

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                The sky isn't falling CGVT...just your IQ...
                Oh no! I don’t want to be a conservative
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• loony.jpg
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• DSL/Talent-

Will be in Cleveland tomorrow. I know you’re not close, but if you would pick me up at the airport and drive me to the Marriott downtown, there is a fiver in it for you. Carry my bags to the room and I will slip you a coupon for a 6-piece McNugget.

Let me know.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I'll wire you a Benjamin if you drop them off in Lake Erie...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I won’t have my car. Delta wouldn’t let me check it. I can’t drop them off anywhere.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• $50 if you kick them in the vagina then...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                            DSL/Talent-

Will be in Cleveland tomorrow. I know you’re not close, but if you would pick me up at the airport and drive me to the Marriott downtown, there is a fiver in it for you. Carry my bags to the room and I will slip you a coupon for a 6-piece McNugget.

Let me know.
                            Don’t know if you remember my parking garage/valet days but the Marriott is where I worked. We had a whole crew of Albanians back then (the Alabama of Europe). Tell Islam I said wassup.

Comment

• Kick DSL twice.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I remember. So, DSL, tell him in person. Pick me up at 5:30 or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X