Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
    So Garland say he is giving Weiss full autonomy on this investigation....heh...well...he said that previously and lied like a fucking rug...so that isn't worth shit to me. I'm not encouraged much by this move...was all for optics in my opinion...
    With news covering the war in Ukraine getting pushed to the back page, given that Hunter Biden's shenanigans are a hot topic here (for Wiz, anyway), I took a look at several news sources reporting and speculating on a whole range of the Biden "crime" family activities that are being scrutinized by Rs and now by the Justice Department. I'm starting from the position that politicians, and government officials who are actually in positions of power, or in Hunter's case, making out like he is, are involved, at the very least, in unethical behavior (Justice Clarence Thomas comes to mind). I also haven't paid much attention to Hunter Biden's escapades thinking most of it political theater so, I'm uninformed.

I tried to rectify that this morning and found an article by Jonathan Chait. in the Intellegencer, titled, The Sleaze Problem, How Democrats can clean up the Supreme Court and address the Hunter Biden affair. It does a good job of laying out where we came from and where we ae now, cutting through the hyped allegations of criminal conduct surrounding the Bidens. Here's the opening paragraph.

"The scandal isn’t what’s illegal, Michael Kinsley once wrote; the scandal is what’s legal. The point of the aphorism is that, in American politics, the worst abuses by powerful people usually involve clever ways to exploit the law without committing crimes.

That notion has grown a bit outdated for an era in which a mobbed-up real-estate crook turned professional swindler can be elected president of the United States. But it remains the case that a large amount of scandalous behavior is perfectly legal. This problem describes the ongoing ethics scandals of both the Supreme court and Hunter Biden."

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• BS
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 63K views, 5K likes, 2.3K comments, 1.9K shares, Facebook Reels from Stan Kappus. Stan Kappus · Original audio

Would Biden get a welcome like this from our future military leaders?

Just sayin'...

I won't vote for the guy, .. but for some reason, lots of folks still like him.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Haha! A spot on description.

a mobbed-up real-estate crook turned professional swindler
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Liney...you need to move to a Red State.
            Yeah, I'd consider that, but all the decent red states have summers that can be categorized as hot, hotter, and "you've got to be kidding".

Seriously, if I moved away from Michigan, the red states I'd give a close look to would be Tennessee and South Carolina. All the rest are dangerously close to tipping blue. A few years ago I would have considered somewhere like Montana or Idaho, but thats too far away for me now. And both are in danger of flipping to blue.

Comment

• America. Love it or leave it.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Yeah, I'd consider that, but all the decent red states have summers that can be categorized as hot, hotter, and "you've got to be kidding".

Seriously, if I moved away from Michigan, the red states I'd give a close look to would be Tennessee and South Carolina. All the rest are dangerously close to tipping blue. A few years ago I would have considered somewhere like Montana or Idaho, but thats too far away for me now. And both are in danger of flipping to blue.
                Take a look at Franklin, TN...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                  America. Love it or leave it.
                  I have no desire to leave the country. In spite of all its liberal/woke warts, we're still better than anywhere else in the world.

The fact that I gripe so much about the utter hypocricy of liberal wokeism is evidence that I love my country. The US should be better than that.

Comment

Take a look at Franklin, TN...
                    Yes, Franklin TN would be a good choice. Close enough to Nashville which is very red, but far enough away from the big city crowd.

I'd also look at the Knoxville suburbs. Local Knoxville is too influenced by the Vals.

I have some friends in the Sweetwater area of Tennessee. Nice little town with friendly people.

Comment

• Honky Tonk Liney?
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                        America. Love it or leave it.
                        Then why are you still here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post

With news covering the war in Ukraine getting pushed to the back page, given that Hunter Biden's shenanigans are a hot topic here (for Wiz, anyway), I took a look at several news sources reporting and speculating on a whole range of the Biden "crime" family activities that are being scrutinized by Rs and now by the Justice Department. I'm starting from the position that politicians, and government officials who are actually in positions of power, or in Hunter's case, making out like he is, are involved, at the very least, in unethical behavior (Justice Clarence Thomas comes to mind). I also haven't paid much attention to Hunter Biden's escapades thinking most of it political theater so, I'm uninformed.

I tried to rectify that this morning and found an article by Jonathan Chait. in the Intellegencer, titled, The Sleaze Problem, How Democrats can clean up the Supreme Court and address the Hunter Biden affair. It does a good job of laying out where we came from and where we ae now, cutting through the hyped allegations of criminal conduct surrounding the Bidens. Here's the opening paragraph.

"The scandal isn’t what’s illegal, Michael Kinsley once wrote; the scandal is what’s legal. The point of the aphorism is that, in American politics, the worst abuses by powerful people usually involve clever ways to exploit the law without committing crimes.

That notion has grown a bit outdated for an era in which a mobbed-up real-estate crook turned professional swindler can be elected president of the United States. But it remains the case that a large amount of scandalous behavior is perfectly legal. This problem describes the ongoing ethics scandals of both the Supreme court and Hunter Biden."

That is just nonsense, Jeff. Thomas has not done anything remotely unethical. He has done what supreme court justices have always done. The only reason it has become a cause for the left now is that the appointment of Amy C Barrett gave the Court a Conservative majority for the first time in any of our lifetimes (certainly the first time in my lifetime). With the SC no longer able to dictate Progressive policy on the nation, the Progs realized that they would have to win elections in order to get their policies imposed on the people. This court has split about 50-50 between the libs and the cons this last term, but that is not remotely fast enough for the Progs. So now the issue is "Can we pack the SC since we can't work within our democracy to achieve our goals". All this nonsense about Thomas is just laying the predicate for packing the Court. That is what the 2024 election is about, and it is about ten times more important than a proxy war with Russia.

Comment

• Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

Comment

• I'm trying to think of a more idiotic poster than CGVT...but I'm coming up with nada...maybe Marty?
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Then why are you still here?
                                Because, I, like most liberals love this country.

We love this country but know it can be better. We look forward to positive changes, not back to some idyllic fantasy of what it once was.

So as I said. America. Love it or leave it.

Comment

Working...
                                X