No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Chairman is a certified pathological liar and has been for 50 years. Why would these stories surprise anyone?
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• BDS
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• heh
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• cartoon-080823.jpg?ve=1&tl=1.jpg

Nah... that would be too easy.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Comedian and game show host Wayne Brady is the latest Hollywood type to come along and demand that we all pay attention to his sexual choices.

MALIBU, CA — Wayne Brady, the beloved comedian who performed on Whose Line Is It Anyway?, hosted Let's Make A Deal, and voiced Noah's son in the direct-to-video film Veggie Tales: Noah's Ark, has come out to friends and family as needing more attention.

Comment

• Haha!
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• He likes sex with pans?
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• A handful of counties in Ohio have been live updating their vote totals all day. Looking at these it seems encouraging for Issue 1 to fail but we shall see soon.

Comment

• Comment

• This could end up being as lopsided as Talent predicted. Maybe worse.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          This could end up being as lopsided as Talent predicted. Maybe worse.
                          It was a no-brainer. Honestly thought 20 was possible. It’s a super easy issue to explain on the “no” side and very hard on the “yes” side. Having a referendum on whether people are capable of deciding an issue is a dead balls loser.

I could make a credible argument for 60:40. But the 88 county requirement was insane. There is no real credible argument for that, IMO.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• e6e97da9-b639-44d1-a5ec-5ae20338438b-AP23221050008123.jpg?width=660&height=441&fit=crop&format=pjpg&auto=webp.jpg

Hooray!! .. Now lets go abort more inconvenient children!!

Comment

• The way it will work in Ohio is that "choice" amendment will pass in October, but it will be closer, IMO, than Issue 1. The bill includes very broad, but fairly ambiguous language. The opponents will seize on that -- e.g., parental consent, by the terms of the amendment, seems like you can't do. HOWEVER, the Ohio Supreme Court will be the body that figures out what this shit means, and they will narrow is much as they possibly can and maybe even beyond what they legitimately can do. And, you know what -- they have the final say.

So, the election in November will be about choice vs abortion on demand/no parental consent/parade of horribles that is legitimately possible under the language. And that'll be fair, I guess. The General Assembly will pass laws that "construe" the amendment aggressively. There will be challenges that the Ohio Supreme Court ultimately resolves. And it will end up being something that is considerably more than the heartbeat bill that is currently in place, but something marginally less than Roe. For example, I think -- and I haven't really looked at it, yet -- but I think the Amendment is in terms of "viability" -- I could see the General Assembly defining viability as 16 weeks or something and the Supreme Court deferring.

It'll take 12-24 months. But, trust me -- that's how it's gonna go.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• 57-43 is definitely a bigger win than I was expecting. Several people were pointing out that turnout in very pro-Trump Jefferson County was pretty low compared with elsewhere. One speculated that it's because Steubenville's actually in the Wheeling media market and Republicans didn't spend there. Might have led to lower turnout than expected in several Trumpy counties on the east edge of the state. Not that it would have mattered much.

And yeah I would expect the real abortion vote to be closer too.

Also note that DeWine spent like zero political capital trying to get Issue 1 passed. He largely steered clear of it. Smart politician.

Comment

Working...
                                X