No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That has been debunked by the person who drafted the 163 standards used in AP Black History in Florida.

Try to keep up.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
      The other real concern is oil prices are surging once again...which is one of the major triggers of the hyperinflation to begin with. Bidenomics energy/green policies are still fucking stupid and are an extreme drag on the US economy.
      California has mandated electric trucks in their ports by 1.1.24. There are 700 charging stations, they will need 157,000. Right now they are using diesel generators to charge electric trucks to replace diesel trucks. Unbelievable stupidity.

Comment

• CGVT, you are one of the dumbest posters in the history of the Internet. May god have mercy on your soul.

Comment

• Honestly if people want to chase a rabbit hole of Hunter corruption they should be drawing more attention to the artwork scandal instead. There seems to be a lot more fire than smoke on that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post
            That has been debunked by the person who drafted the 163 standards used in AP Black History in Florida.

Try to keep up.
            Wow, right on cue. I knew Geezer wouldn't let us down.

​​​​​​Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is intensifying his efforts to de-emphasize racism in his state’s public school curriculum by arguing that some Black people benefited from being enslaved and defending his state’s new African American history standards that civil rights leaders and scholars say misrepresents centuries of U.S. reality.

“They’re probably going to show that some of the folks that eventually parlayed, you know, being a blacksmith into doing things later in life,” DeSantis said on Friday in response to reporters’ questions while standing in front of a nearly all-White crowd of supporters.

https://people.com/ron-desantis-defe...enefit-7564521
            Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said on Friday that new education standards around teaching slavery in Florida schools will show that enslaved people were able to "parlay" the skills they were forced to learn.

DeSantis, who was speaking to reporters during an event in Utah, defended a new set of academic standards in his state that will require middle schools to teach that enslaved people "developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit" — a line that has ignited significant controversy among teachers' groups and parents in the state.

“They’re probably going to show that some of the folks that eventually parlayed, you know, being a blacksmith into doing things later in life," DeSantis said, adding that "scholars" put together the standards, which he said were "rooted in whatever is factual."

Florida Middle Schoolers Will Now Be Taught That Slavery Had ‘Personal Benefit’ for Enslaved People
            DeSantis also tried to distance himself from the standards, saying, “I didn’t do it. I wasn’t involved in it.”

But the standards — which were approved by Florida’s Board of Education last week despite pleas from a statewide teachers' union — come in response to the state's 2022 "Stop WOKE Act," a piece of legislation championed by DeSantis himself that stated that race must be taught in "an objective manner" that does not "indoctrinate or persuade students to a particular point of view."

The act pushed far-right lawmakers' rhetoric that teaching Black history makes White people feel ashamed, instructing that no student should be made to feel "guilt" or "responsibility" for actions previously committed by members of the same race.
            ​​
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• CGVT...as I have said....is actually dumber than the Hags on The View...and that is quite an accomplishment...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                CGVT...as I have said....is actually dumber than the Hags on The View...and that is quite an accomplishment...
                Your boy said it. Don't blame me.

If you support him, own it.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  CGVT, you are one of the dumbest posters in the history of the Internet. May god have mercy on your soul.
                  Your boy said it. Not me.

Comment

• How does it feel to have a lower IQ than Joy Behar?
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Wow, right on cue. I knew Geezer wouldn't let us down.

​​​​​​Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis is intensifying his efforts to de-emphasize racism in his state’s public school curriculum by arguing that some Black people benefited from being enslaved and defending his state’s new African American history standards that civil rights leaders and scholars say misrepresents centuries of U.S. reality.

“They’re probably going to show that some of the folks that eventually parlayed, you know, being a blacksmith into doing things later in life,” DeSantis said on Friday in response to reporters’ questions while standing in front of a nearly all-White crowd of supporters.

https://people.com/ron-desantis-defe...enefit-7564521
                      Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis said on Friday that new education standards around teaching slavery in Florida schools will show that enslaved people were able to "parlay" the skills they were forced to learn.

DeSantis, who was speaking to reporters during an event in Utah, defended a new set of academic standards in his state that will require middle schools to teach that enslaved people "developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit" — a line that has ignited significant controversy among teachers' groups and parents in the state.

“They’re probably going to show that some of the folks that eventually parlayed, you know, being a blacksmith into doing things later in life," DeSantis said, adding that "scholars" put together the standards, which he said were "rooted in whatever is factual."

Florida Middle Schoolers Will Now Be Taught That Slavery Had ‘Personal Benefit’ for Enslaved People
                      DeSantis also tried to distance himself from the standards, saying, “I didn’t do it. I wasn’t involved in it.”

But the standards — which were approved by Florida’s Board of Education last week despite pleas from a statewide teachers' union — come in response to the state's 2022 "Stop WOKE Act," a piece of legislation championed by DeSantis himself that stated that race must be taught in "an objective manner" that does not "indoctrinate or persuade students to a particular point of view."

The act pushed far-right lawmakers' rhetoric that teaching Black history makes White people feel ashamed, instructing that no student should be made to feel "guilt" or "responsibility" for actions previously committed by members of the same race.
                      ​​
                      Where did you cut-and-paste that from?

Comment

• You'll need to broaden your sources. This was all over the news this past week, unless your news only consists of right wing propaganda...

Comment

• Here CGVT. This is an itemized list of 191 bullet points that comprise the curriculum. It's too long to fit in one post so I just shared the link.

Here's the SINGLE item from which all that bullshit you spout originates:
                          • Instruction includes how slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit.
                          ​There are 190 others that don't get a mention. Why? Is the above statement false? Of course not. Does that mean slavery was a good thing? Of course not. Are you a moron that can't grasp these simple concepts? Of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                            You'll need to broaden your sources. This was all over the news this past week, unless your news only consists of right wing propaganda...
                            Who's doing the propaganda, again? You are aware the the AP African-American history curriculum contains the same point about transferring skills to the workforce after the end of slavery. Are you THAT FUCKING STUPID?

Comment

• Wiz-

"...So take a letter, Maria. Address it to my wife..."

Comment

• Tell me. What did your boy say?

There is no fucking defense. Peiod.

Are you that fucking stupid?

Comment

Working...
                                X