Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 361863757_928591588207240_8313645912905807214_n (1).png
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• For anyone that has not seen the video in question, if you dare, you can watch it here.

Or, you can go on lying to yourself about what you think is in it.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• FWIW, I didn't see any blacks being lynched in the video. But, maybe I blinked and missed that part.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Do you think it was an accident that this video was shot there? If so, you are either naive or intentionally obtuse.

​​​​​​The History of the Lynching Site Where Jason Aldean Filmed a Music Video. Henry Choate, an 18-year-old Black man, was hanged outside the Maury County Courthouse in Tennessee in 1927 after he was falsely accused of attacking a white gir
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• JFC. Such a shit take
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The court house used for the video was used because of the proximity to Aldean's home. Pure and fucking simple. That same court house has been used in several music videos, commercials and movies as well...all for the specific reason of being racist. CGVT and Team Loon at their loonest!
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The steps you fuckers will take to justify this bullshit is amazing.

The worst thing about that song is it is a shitty example of the most shitty music genre, country/pop.

That shit is insipid bullshit.

Tom Petty said it best when he said modern country music was just bad pop with a fiddle.

Comment

• ​I don't follow country music (in years), but found out Aldean was performing on stage in that mass shooting in Las Vegas in 2017 ​(crazy)

The Maury County Courthouse building in Columbia, Tenn. is the band's American-flag-draped backdrop when performing (?), I have no idea why. The landmark was the site of race riots in 1946 as well as a 1927 lynching. It is a "popular filming location outside of Nashville" that has been featured in a number of music videos and movies.

Comment

• To each their own. I'm not even a country fan...but I find it humorous that the left can glorify rap lyrics and try to cancel this.

You are a buffoon.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                      Do you think it was an accident that this video was shot there? If so, you are either naive or intentionally obtuse.

​​​​​​The History of the Lynching Site Where Jason Aldean Filmed a Music Video. Henry Choate, an 18-year-old Black man, was hanged outside the Maury County Courthouse in Tennessee in 1927 after he was falsely accused of attacking a white gir
                      I think Aldean lives in Nashville and this is a close suburb of Nashville with a good looking courthouse. I saw a video spot where some of this county’s own citizens didn’t know its history. There is no placard or marker or whatever apparently. I’m not sure I would assume some deep message with most modern music artists. Is it possible? Yeah. I’m just not sure I would make the leap without more.

Songs/music/artists have always been given some license. I don’t have any moral outrage with rap lyrics or country or whatever with a revenge, crime, or “fuck around and find out” theme. I know Hank Jr had several. Rap is heavy with it.

This is a nothing burger imo. People looking to be outraged.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• TackleBox, the company that produced the music video, put out a statement that Aldean "did not pick the location."

​​

Comment

• I'm sure it was a MAGA producer...a white supremacist even worse than Joe Biden...just hell bent on showing them liberal progs which end is up!
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• This lady is crazy, worked or may still do at the Free Press. Here is her post on X.com (formerly Twitter). I responded with the Scottish Flag. I do have flying at my home, as I have said before my Father was born there and I have many relatives living there. (even if I never met them).

F15Q9PzX0AA__0A?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• Screenshot 2023-07-25 7.51.55 PM.png

Comment

• Biden Crime.jpg
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X