No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump - Biden 2024!! THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL!!

Comment

• It's sort of a Sideshow Bob vs. Mayor Quimby election.

I don't agree with his Bart-killing policy, but I DO approve of his Selma-killing policy.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
        “The Road” is probably my fav, but I do love “Blood Meridian” as well.
        I just finished the Road. Even at 287 pages, fatigue was beginning to set in- which is probably part of it's brilliance. The real mastery, however, is how McCarthy weaves ambiguity in everything. There are no names, places or times to distract us. He even avoids defining just how the "world fell apart", so we don't have to read through any lectures on the horrors of nuclear war or "climate change" Amazing writing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
          Trump - Biden 2024!! THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL!!
          And the sad thing about all that is that the Dems don't seem interested in putting up anyone but The Chairman.

If they're not careful, their stupidity is going to get Trump re-elected.

My ballot will be blank in the Presidential section.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• 347615211_269914348975522_2771870355642133637_n.jpg?stp=dst-jpg_p526x296&_nc_cat=101&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=c7AqwAQN6pIAX-DQoUY&_nc_oc=AQnwU-K1oq7kyGI5YsOT1856bqr7GpI4JsFQYjj7tFEpWE9t3t1ElYpEQewTqochrVU&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5

The truck being carried on the flat bed will definitely be zero emissions.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

And the sad thing about all that is that the Dems don't seem interested in putting up anyone but The Chairman.

If they're not careful, their stupidity is going to get Trump re-elected.

My ballot will be blank in the Presidential section.
              The Democrats are playing with fire to make sure the candidate is the only one Biden can beat. But ultimately the primary blame falls on Republican voters themselves for nominating The Clown a third time.

Comment

• STFU
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Vote for the Libertarian candidate!!

Comment

• if trump wins its because average Joe middle class cant keep up with his bills.

tired of having climate control down rammed down everybody's throat

tired of having wokeness crap crammed down our throats

Most of the repubs that are running cant separate their ideology from trumps original ideology on these subjects

So for trumps base he has the best chance of beating the Dems no matter how narcissistic he is.

Anyway good sports day yesterday--havent seen that good of a wimbleton since the days of mcEnroe and Bjorn and jimmy and chrissie and martina

and scottish open had the irish show their supremacy again though the scot came up with the shot of the year i think it wasnt enough to hold off rory

Comment

• News out of Ukraine this morning is focused on two things: The first is the growing occurrences of "insubordination" among Russian flag level commanders. The "insubordination" is a generalized term describing public pronouncements critical of the Russian MoD, specifically Shoigu and Garrisimov. Involved commanders are careful not to center their criticism on Putin but rather center it on protection of the soldiers under their respective commands. This activity suggests that many Russian flag rank officers may have been more or less supportive of Prigozhen's mutiny and objective of removing Shoigu and Garrisimov, than previously thought. IOW, Prigozhen's movement, the spirit of it, may not be quelled. ISW notes that this kind of "insubordination" characterized the period before the fall of the Soviet Union in 1990.

This is a big deal that is not getting much coverage in the MSM. It is corrosive to good order and discipline. It facilitates questioning or outright non-compliance with assigned missions among subordinate field grade commanders. It signals the potential for Putin to lose control, which he exercises through the MoD of the high ranking echelons of the Russian military. One general commanding forces in southern Ukraine, Teplinski, has threatened to withdraw his forces from their positions if the relieving and reassigning of the several flag level commanders by Garrisimov, which many claim is actively removing the most competent commanders from the battlefield, ceases. The area under Teplinski's command includes critical defensive infrastructure and is one, if not the primary one, of Ukrainian army's axis of attack in the direction of Melipitol and the Sea of Azov.

The second news is that Ukraine conducted a successful seaborn and airborne attack on the Kerch Straights bridge using drones and remotely piloted water craft. Traffic across the bridge has been halted and video appearing on social media shows extensive damage. If it is observed that Ukrainian ground forces are successfully advancing on the Zaphorezia axis, a two pronged and coordinated attack to divide Russian forces between the Donetsk (Donbas) regions and southeastern regions and to seal off Crimea as a major logistics hub for all of Russia's operations in Ukraine is underway. The symbolism of this operation and its occurrence within a day of Putin's widely publicized video interview with state run news where he claimed, "Ukraine's counteroffensive has failed" can't be a coincidence.

Edit: moved from wrong thread
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Charles Barkley says if you're not drinking Bud Lite, you are a "redneck" or a a$$hole. Sounds like he just got home from a vacation with Dylan Mulvaney.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/charl...ght-speech-bar

Dylan has fled the US, fearing for his safety. He's living in Peru now, and says he feels "safe" there. Good for him.
                        Last edited by lineygoblue; July 17, 2023, 03:58 PM.

Comment

• Let Sir Charles drink all the BL he wants...there should be plenty of it...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                            Let Sir Charles drink all the BL he wants...there should be plenty of it...
                            He looks like he's quaffed several in his lifetime. I'm glad I don't have to make my beverage choices based on what people like Charles Barkley say.

Comment

• Barkley has every right. And if I had been a Bud Light drinker before, I wouldn’t have stopped over Dylan. I found the exec’s comments that she didn’t want frat guys and was looking to upgrade the class of customer much more offensive than a Twinkie on a can who was paid to do an IG spot.

YMMV.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Charles Barkley is immensely entertaining, generally speaks his mind and is, I think, more conservative than liberal.
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X