Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    I would NOT expect the same degree of anger over this decision as abortion. It depends how you phrase the question but support for AA is like 50/50 at best.
    It's waaaay less than 50/50. As you say, depending how you ask the question means a lot. I usually see polling that about 2/3 Americans do NOT support affirmative action (AA).

Comment

• PP_2023.06.08_college-admissions_00-01.webp

Comment

• Doesn't matter what the population as a whole believe...the Dems are going to demagogue the issue...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Demagogue, wasn’t that the monster on “Stranger Things”?
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
            Doesn't matter what the population as a whole believe...the Dems are going to demagogue the issue...
            NBC is already running articles about how a majority of Americans support race-based admissions. It's almost as if they just plug in their own views and pretend it's actual research and reporting.

Comment

• Correct. And also the name of the villain in "Tis is Spinal Tap" I believe...

"But his one goes to 11"
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

It's waaaay less than 50/50. As you say, depending how you ask the question means a lot. I usually see polling that about 2/3 Americans do NOT support affirmative action (AA).
                Yeah, was trying to say that even when you massage the question to be as favorable as you can, support for affirmative action only approaches 50% in the best of polls. It's nowhere near abortion where people who think early stage abortion should be legal are in the CLEAR majority.

AA- Stifle

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

NBC is already running articles about how a majority of Americans support race-based admissions. It's almost as if they just plug in their own views and pretend it's actual research and reporting.
                  Correct. That is what I'm talking about. They gaslight everything. Hell they are touting "Bidenomics" for crying out loud. The sad thing is...there is a base of about 33% of Americans who believe every word of the Prog nonsense. There is also 33% who will vote for Trump is he was indicted for murder. Then there is the middle third.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Former First Lady Michelle Obama said in a separate statement that “my heart breaks for any young person out there who’s wondering what their future holds — and what kinds of chances will be open to them.”

“And while I know the strength and grit that lies inside kids who have always had to sweat a little more to climb the same ladders, I hope and I pray that the rest of us are willing to sweat a little, too,” she added. “Today is a reminder that we’ve got to do the work not just to enact policies that reflect our values of equity and fairness, but to truly make those values real in all of our schools, workplaces, and neighborhoods.”

Funny how the left always assumes that minorities cannot achieve anything without government. Very sad.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Tragic, even. I also notice the irony of her touting "fairness" when criticizing a ruling that aims to make admissions more fair.

Comment

• I don't think I can watch the movie "Soul Man" again now...I guess for me C. Thomas Howell will have to be remembered from "Red Dawn"...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Oddly enough this decision is irrelevant for the large majority of colleges. Only the most "elite" schools really use affirmative action. Kent State accepts like 87% of those who apply (Wiz was declined).

Comment

• How did you find out?
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Inside sources.

Comment

• fuckin' Talent
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X