Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    When Trump is talking about maybe not defending the Baltics from a Russian invasion or that he may recognize Crimea as Russian it's pretty clear who Putin would favor. When he openly says Putin is a better leader than Obama, it's pretty clear who Putin favors.

His campaign manager worked for the Russian backed Ukrainian prime minister. The GOP platform is decidedly more Russian friendly than any GOP platform in our lifetime. It's pretty clear who Putin favors

He is the one saying this dangerous nonsense, it isn't the media's fault for covering it. The call out to Russian hackers is more bizarre than anything, the other stuff I listed is far worse. But again there is literally nothing the man can say that will change the minds of some of his supporters, it is madness.
    Yet it wasn't very long ago that you guys were saying that Trump is a maniac who is going to start World War III. But now he is terrible because he won't start World War III. Well, which is it?

Not all of the GOP platform is favorable for Russia. A fracking ban would be a huge boon for Russia. They are probably praying for it. Trump might be less likely to intervene in a foreign conflict but I guarantee you Putin perceives him as the scarier opponent if he does decide to intervene in that conflict. Not to mention, much more popular within the military as commander-in-chief. That makes it an unclear choice. I would think that the people who have been complaining my entire adult life about how we spend too much on the military would be open to more choosing more carefully which conflicts to get involved in but I guess not.
    Last edited by Hannibal; July 28, 2016, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• Yet it wasn't very long ago that you guys were saying that Trump is a maniac who is going to start World War III. But now he is terrible because he won't start World War III. Well, which is it?
      I was thinking the same thing.

I was also wondering what, in effect, Obama has done to stop Russia from claiming the Crimea as its own. Anything?
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I didn't watch because I don't care about conventions, but did Obama tout his success in putting in place the TPP?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

I was also wondering what, in effect, Obama has done to stop Russia from claiming the Crimea as its own. Anything?
          Do sanctions not count?

Comment

• I missed this, but the Baltimore prosecutor, Ms. Moseby, has finally cried no mas in her sham prosecutions re Freddie Gray.

Do sanctions not count?
            Are the Russians still firmly entrenched in the Crimea? Maybe Obama can hit them with another dose of sanctimonious ridicule.

FTR, I think lifting sanctions is a mistake. I don't think they change much, but they can have some modest impact especially if crude prices stay super low.
            Last edited by iam416; July 28, 2016, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• Ok you win, Trump can literally say nothing to deter.

Pointing out this nonsense is sanctimony. Got it.

Comment

• If you can't read and comprehend, don't bother. Look, you're a partisan D. I get it.

Comment

• Do you think Donald Trump knows what he's talking about on foreign policy? I get that maybe sanctions aren't the most effective and in some cases are counterproductive but come on, I can comprehend just fine. Do you also favor lifting them?

Do you think Putin is a better leader than Obama?

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post

How can anyone even consider voting for this clown?

I think you meant either of these candidates. I'm still shocked how badly both parties selected.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Hannibal asked a bunch of questions about the Trump/Putin connection for which there are very clear answers. Some of them are directly out of the mouth of Trump without any need to accept a media filter. If your response is to recast ``There are facts and the discussion here should be informed by them'' into a strawman, well, come up with a better strawman please. Because if you're here in this thread and you've been paying attention, you know very well that I've said multiple times that one thing I like about Trump, if we take him at his word, is that he might be less likely to involve himself in military commitments. You know how I feel about how the military has been used in recent history, because you've been reading the thread.

Also notable: The other countries that recognize Russian sovereignty over Crimea are North Korea, Syria, Venezuela, Afghanistan, Cuba, Kyrgyzstan and Nicaragua. Trump says he might side with that group, and your response to that is ``oh yeah well what'd the other guy do''?
                      Last edited by hack; July 28, 2016, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• IMO.. Trump and Clinton are similar in the fact that both will support or side with someone to achieve a goal. And that isn't based upon loyalty but rather what they need at that time. Jmo. I don't think they are that different. Trump just is blunt and Hillary is more selective in her phrasing. I don't believe either of our last 2 presidents were as fluid as these two seem to be....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Here's the thing: Qdoba is better than Chipotle.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Do you think Donald Trump knows what he's talking about on foreign policy? I get that maybe sanctions aren't the most effective and in some cases are counterproductive but come on, I can comprehend just fine. Do you also favor lifting them?

Do you think Putin is a better leader than Obama?
                            Dude, I've been pretty clear about who I'm voting for and what I think of Trump. I wouldn't lift sanctions, as I said, even if they do little. As for Putin-Obama as a "leader" -- eh, that's an interesting question. That question is pretty tricky -- I mean, whenever you're comparing leaders of countries so profoundly different, it's a tough question. Obama and every US leader is constrained by blessed western idelogy and Putin, heh, is not. I'm not sure which leader has advanced his country's respective standing more (or, caused it to regress less). Can't really answer it because I honestly haven't thought about it at all.

But in any event, I'm voting for PAH. That doesn't mean I need to join in the righteous self-indignation over everything Trump and the Rs do. I've been flummoxed by Trump's comments for months wishing the Rs would have nominated someone I can vote for and someone who can win November. His shit about PAH's emails and Russia is more of the same for me. It's exactly the candidate who has been for the past year. If you don't like it, vote against him -- as I did in March and will do so in November. But save the TREASON!!!!! nonsense and outrage -- as if you're shocked that Trump said something like that.

Comment

• For that matter, Moe's is about equal to Chipotle.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I don't believe either of our last 2 presidents were as fluid as these two seem to be.
                                Heh. I like that.

I trust the transparent pragmatism of PAH considerably more than I trust Trump's fluidity. I like pragmatism. It's how you govern. Inch by inch, not mile by mile. And with an R house for her first two years and an R Congress for her last two years, it may be millimeter by millimeter, which is even better.

Comment

Working...
                                X