No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I understand your postion. And, as I understand the DOJ's position, the difference between PAH, Pence and The Chairman vs. DJT is "gross negligence" vs "willful". All 4 are violations under the law. No one is disputing that. Only 1 is being prosecuted. No one is disputing that. And it would appear -- and I think we'll hear more next week -- that reason for this is a difference in intent. Not the acts. And hence the issues I've pointed out.

And for those not school in Man's most hallowed art -- for criminal law the prosecutor has to prove up both the "illegal act" and the "culpable intent" required under the law. Fancy-wise, actus reus and mens rea. And intent certainly matters a great deal -- think. e.g., Kyle Rittenhouse.

Last edited by iam416; June 9, 2023, 08:33 AM.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Anyway, if I thought this nonsense could eliminate DJT from the primary, I'd be all for it. However, as my close pal, DSL, agrees -- it'll help DJT in the primary, do nothing for him in the general and that's the outcome The Chairman prefers. So, it's not much of a suprise that The Chairman's DOJ is doing this. He may not be able to walk, solve the mini-page word search or do anything other than mumble vague English outside the hours of 2pm-230pm, BUT, The Chairman is playing some 4-D chess right here!

Comment

• I mentioned this last night but it would really surprise me if none of his lackeys ends up getting charged. Would sort of indicate they all chose cooperation.

Trump's best defense (as always) is that he's too stupid and ignorant to have broken the law intentionally. When he brags about having secret info he shouldn't have, he was just lying! He's a lying, incompetent asshole, not a criminal! The defense rests, yer honor.

Oh and doing this in Miami takes away what would've been an immediate legal strategy: Trump cannot possibly receive a fair trial in DC. Eliminates dragging things out over a venue fight. Supposedly this district works more quickly than most though, which he won't be happy about.

Comment

• HAHAHA how does this keep happening? There's like 20+ judges in this district!

A federal grand jury voted to indict Trump on at least seven federal charges late Thursday as part of an investigation into his handling of classified documents.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
            I'll agree that:

If Pat Robertson = bigot , then Al Sharpton = bigot

and/or

If Jerry Falwell = bigot, then Jesse Jackson = bigot

Potato, potahto

All have attempted to hide their (perceived?) bigotry behind a pulpit.
            The democrat's have had far more bigots in their camp than R's...hell they are the party of the KKK...Robert Byrd...and Joe Biden! Do we need to insert all of the racist Biden quotes again here?
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

You could have just said, "Yeah, Talent, I agree with you entirely."
              Yes...then you should go to Canada and sign up for the government assisted suicide.
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'd prefer not to waste any government money on you. So, you know, find a long pier and take a short walk!!!!

Comment

• I've never done that...but sounds fun...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wiz, make yourself useful. I know you speak Chucklefuck. Translate this into English for me.

And before you even try, I know it doesn’t say “stfu”.

Comment

• DSL is having a great month...Trump's indictment during Pride Month...double whammy!
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Pride month did Pat Robertson in this year. Too much celebration.

Also don't forget the S&P 500 is now in a bull market! Biden BOOOOOOOM!!!

Comment

• Never mind, this dude explains Higgins is spouting rightwing militia crap.

Comment

• got him.jpg
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              Sometimes I feel like we're not sending our best.

Comment

• Originally posted by klondike View Post

I'm sure. And if Jesus were around today he would be pro choice
                                Jesus was woke.

If you have a problem with that, maybe you should rethink your position.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X