No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can only be racist against certain groups...apparently Jews and white male hetero conservatives...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

I've bought into the importance of culture war bullshit..
      Right now medical schools are droppping the MCAT as an entrance requirement and the AMA is openly pushing for diversity quotas in medical schools and for "racial justice" in medical care. In the future, you'll get your hip replacement from somebody chosen for their skin color and sexual preference instead of their competence.

Whatever importance you have placed on the culture war, it's probably not enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

I wonder if the commencement speech had the exact same text except it replaced “Zionist” with Muslim, Black, Latino, Gay (etc), if CUNY would be okay with the speech and nonchalantly offer that it was simply “reflective of the speaker’s own individual perspectives”?

No, of course not. lol.
        Right. Or leave everything the same but replace the speaker with a white male. They probably would have arrested him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Right now medical schools are droppping the MCAT as an entrance requirement and the AMA is openly pushing for diversity quotas in medical schools and for "racial justice" in medical care. In the future, you'll get your hip replacement from somebody chosen for their skin color and sexual preference instead of their competence.

Whatever importance you have placed on the culture war, it's probably not enough.
          OK, I've turned it up to 11.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
            Are there any different angles of Biden's fall? I'm trying to Zapruder it with the stills but it's inconclusive if the sand bags are what tripped him up. Seems very unlikely the Secret Service wouldn't have had his walkway clear.
            Luckily he only landed on his head and didn't hurt anything important.

Comment

I’m fine with lampooning religion. Hell, I champion it, but I would personally respect the Dodgers a lot more if after the the comedic Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence act -which mocks the Pope and Catholicism- they had a group of comedic Imams mocking Mohammed and Islam (as the article posted by Talent yesterday suggested).

They won’t, though. They would never DREAM of it.

I absolutely love mocking, comedic sass, but I truly hate that we have evolved into a society that holds certain groups above (comedic) insult due to real fears of protests, riots, and with Muslims, overt violence.
              I think that what you call lampooning is light hearted and good natured joking. The show that the Dodgers put on was not that. It was a naked display of anti-Christian hate that would not be allowed against any other religion.

The Dodgers' decision to reinvite the SPI was a decision to honoranti-Catholic hate.How do you feel about this?
              Last edited by Hannibal; June 1, 2023, 03:11 PM.

Comment

• i think that black sandbag did get him

Just glad it wasnt white

Comment

• With the culture “war” we need good people on the Left to step up and call it out as idiotic, too, but people become so entrenched in their partisanship that they cannot bring themselves to stop and denounce such things. It happens on the Right, too, but the Left have the most power with such things - I would have said the Left have all the power until recently, but the Bud Light and Target boycotts at least shows some signs of life at positioning the Right as a check to unfettered Woke lunacy.
                  Last edited by AlabamAlum; June 1, 2023, 03:19 PM.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

With the culture “war” we need good people on the Left to step up and call it out as idiotic, too, but people become so entrenched in their partisanship that they cannot bring themselves to stop and denounce such things. It happens on the Right, too, but the Left have the most power with such things - I would have said the Left have all the power until recently, but the Bud Light and Target boycotts at least shows some signs of life at positioning the Right as a check to unfettered Woke lunacy.
                    I "get" the Bud Light hoopla more than the Target one. What are you calling for there? No pro-gay messages on children's clothing? No rainbows that can be interpreted as pro-gay messaging?

Is it the "tuck-friendly" swimsuit? Cuz a number of media orgs AND target all say that feature isn't offered on any children's sizes, only adults.

Target’s Pride collection features ‘tuck-friendly’ swimsuits for adults, not kids | AP News

Comment

• I think you can throw in fox news among those losing a shit ton of money last month.

I would imagine many of those boycotting target, budlight also gave the finger to murdoch and company

Nolte: May Ratings Collapse -- Fox Loses Third of Viewers Without Tucker Carlson (breitbart.com)

Comment

• There is no changing a brainwashed mind.
                        Nobody has more tunnel vision than you (and Froot Loops), if you think this is ok promoting a bulge as being different you are a 'Loon being a Loon'. Enough is enough.

Adidas is facing boycott calls amid a backlash over the sportswear giant's use of a biological male" to model a women's swimsuit.

a3748021cab439fbef363ff393cec9ab.jpg

Last edited by WingsFan; June 1, 2023, 03:34 PM.

Comment

• so what happens if your up by 22 points in the polls West Virginia against the democratic incumbent?

what with the DOJ do?

Maybe start the same crap as they did with trump

19114678395-1.pdf (justice.gov)

Last edited by crashcourse; June 1, 2023, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I "get" the Bud Light hoopla more than the Target one. What are you calling for there? No pro-gay messages on children's clothing? No rainbows that can be interpreted as pro-gay messaging?

Is it the "tuck-friendly" swimsuit? Cuz a number of media orgs AND target all say that feature isn't offered on any children's sizes, only adults.

Target’s Pride collection features ‘tuck-friendly’ swimsuits for adults, not kids | AP News
                            DSL,

I don’t have a dog in either fight, really. Couldn’t care less about Bud Light’s Dylan or Target’s tuck swim suits and pride wear for children. Seriously.

My comment was more about the fact that the Right was never a cohesive threat to protest or organize to use their numbers to effect change with things they disagreed with. They seem to have found a collective voice - whether that voice occasionally nets an unworthy target (get it? Target! Hahaha. I slay me!) wasn’t my point.
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by crashcourse View Post
                              so what happens if your up by 22 points in the polls West Virginia against the democratic incumbent?

what with the DOJ do?

well going to the old trump playbook

19114678395-1.pdf (justice.gov)
                              It's his son named in the suit fwiw. Not Big Jim. Sometimes politicians have real shithead offspring.

Comment

• heh
                                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

Working...
                                X