Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

My god, you are a simpleton. Jump in the political arena and you will be subjected to politics. Shit ain’t hard. Stop straining what passes for a brain.​

Comment

• STFU
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
        I just don't understand how in the hell that campaign ever got approved...I mean...no where along the chain did someone say "Uh...I don't think this is probably a good move"...I mean...puzzling as fuck...forget the politics of it...just pure stupidity...
        Well a part of why it got approved is because the “campaign” was in reality very small. There was no campaign. There was a one-off sponsorship of one instagram post. They gave it no publicity and didn’t rub it in anyone’s face. I doubt they saw much risk. It became widely seen because conservative outrage merchants gave it massive publicity.

Comment

• ...well the actual "ads" ...the "March Madness" one and the bathtub one were just silly...I don't think that is what actually pissed people off...it was that horse faced Prog butt ugly dipshit marketing "guru" and her explanation of their new "strategy" and insulting the core base is what touched people off...Dylan is just a caricature tranny of the Pee Wee Herman theatre...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Also I believe I have read that the exec in charge of Bud Light before the “woke youngster” took over the brand was also fired or reassigned. That’s how she got control in the first place. Bud Light sales, like all major domestics, have been slumping for years. Younger people increasingly don’t drink or would prefer something other than beer if they’re drinking “light”. Dedicated beer drinkers (yours truly) are spending on craft and not mass produced trash.

Bud Light was still on top but has been losing market share for a while.

Comment

• All true...but BL has long been what I call "the default beer"...every bar has it on tap or at least in bottle...tons of events when you make a beer run at the beer stands you see just a couple of beers on tap typically...BL and maybe CL...Busch Lite and Miller Lite are in the conversation as well...but many guys (you not included) will typically be fine if someone hands you a BL...or if you make the beer run to grab 6 beers for the dudes...BL is an easy or default choice...when this happened it just gave those people an out to pick another...because those beers are pretty much interchangeable...so it's not any sacrifice to switch to another...that is what has got A/B-InBev in trouble...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Well a part of why it got approved is because the “campaign” was in reality very small. There was no campaign. There was a one-off sponsorship of one instagram post. They gave it no publicity and didn’t rub it in anyone’s face. I doubt they saw much risk. It became widely seen because conservative outrage merchants gave it massive publicity.
                I still think the gasoline on the fire was the ad exec’s interview. It caught fire with social media and that customer base started looking for things. I mean, no one gets upset at seeing Klinger in old MASH episodes, no one is outraged about Eddie Izzard. Caitlyn Jenner got some flack early on, but that was because so many people idolized Bruce Jenner.

That and Dylan is a unserious caricature of a woman. But the ad exec screwed the pooch. It would be like Kellogg’s saying, “We fucking hate the trash that are buying our corn flakes. For the love of god we’re hoping to find some customers who aren’t dregs.”
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Nailed it. The frat boys who drink BL didn't like being called frat boys...which was basically saying we don't want the frat boys business...and by frat boys they meant deplorables...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Bud Light was losing share because of craft beers and seltzers. Nothing would change that as long as Bud Light was still filling that blue can. It was stupid to piss on the base that put them as the number one selling beer in the US - a position that they were in no danger of losing by simply doing nothing.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• ...who the ell would let someone like this make ANY decisions with regards to your product...BL frat boys.jpg
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• EFZ
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I remember when AA was working for Coke and had this great idea about reworking the formula...that was cool...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Regardless, I’ll always find this funny. It makes me happy. I hope InBev doubles down and puts the trans flag on the can and they film an ad with the Clydesdales pulling a banner that says “Fuck off, you blue collar shitheads! Our product is too good for you classless yokels!”
                            Last edited by AlabamAlum; May 31, 2023, 04:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                              I remember when AA was working for Coke and had this great idea about reworking the formula...that was cool...
                              The thing is all Coke had to do was go back to the original formula. Bud Light walking this disaster back is much harder.

Comment

• Correct...and now they have effectively pissed off both sides...heh...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X