Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

This is almost certainly true -- Geraghty is almost certainly right -- a marketing department "hijacked" by, well, not someone who understood Bud Light's core audience.
    The top executives at Anheuser-Busch realized, far too late, that the Bud Light marketing efforts had been hijacked by a bunch of woke youngsters who didn’t really think their job was to use progressive agenda to sell Bud Light; the marketing department believed its job was to use Bud Light to sell the progressive agenda.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Correct. And STFU.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• That was an interesting 9 pages which included a drubbing of poor Froot at the hands of the fucking merciless posters here... heh.

It gets down to fundamentals. Read the fucking FL law. None of this nonsense surrounding it should have started if people had followed talent's advice. Since AabamAlum has "come out" I too am a gay rights advocate and I'm pretty sure AlabamAlum isn't gay, and no, I'm not gay either so STFU.

I wish I could talk sensibly to my gay acquaintances here in S FL about how stupid they are when it comes to Disney issues, the Parental Rights law, the Bud Light catastrophe ..... that is impossible. so I avoid it like the plague. I'm just a moronic DeSantis supporter in their minds and they won't tell me that to my face.

Subject change:......

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• “ESPN will host a trans pride flag raise on campus tomorrow as part of pride month,” Travis said in the tweet. “It comes as the company advocates for men to play in women’s sports and refuses to support @samponder, who was called a bigot for supporting women only in women’s sports.”
          ESPN will host a trans pride flag raise on campus tomorrow as part of pride month. It comes as the company advocates for men to play in women’s sports and refuses to support ⁦@samponder⁩, who was called a bigot for supporting women only in women’s sports. pic.twitter.com/PX79Tw1PNP

— Clay Travis (@ClayTravis) May 31, 2023

Travis then took it a step further and suggested that because it’s a new variation of the pride flag, raising it was an “attack” on Ponder and any other employee with similar views.

“This flag is not the usual gay pride flag,” he said, “it’s newly designed to incorporate trans rights and feels like a direct attack on any employee who doesn’t support men in women’s sports.”
          This flag is not the usual gay pride flag, it’s newly designed to incorporate trans rights and feels like a direct attack on any employee who doesn’t support men in women’s sports.

In response to the backlash, Ponder has stood firm on her position.

“Biology is not bigotry,” she said in a Wednesday tweet. “Loving people does not require the absence of boundaries.”
          This flag is not the usual gay pride flag, it’s newly designed to incorporate trans rights and feels like a direct attack on any employee who doesn’t support men in women’s sports.

Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• So ESPN is going to honor transgenders at their Bristol headquarters...huh...whodathunk a Disney owned company would do this...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
              That was an interesting 9 pages which included a drubbing of poor Froot at the hands of the fucking merciless posters here... heh.

It gets down to fundamentals. Read the fucking FL law. None of this nonsense surrounding it should have started if people had followed talent's advice. Since AabamAlum has "come out" I too am a gay rights advocate and I'm pretty sure AlabamAlum isn't gay, and no, I'm not gay either so STFU.

I wish I could talk sensibly to my gay acquaintances here in S FL about how stupid they are when it comes to Disney issues, the Parental Rights law, the Bud Light catastrophe ..... that is impossible. so I avoid it like the plague. I'm just a moronic DeSantis supporter in their minds and they won't tell me that to my face.

Subject change:......
              I have been a gay rights supporter for 50 years. In the Deep South.

I try to be consistent and I don’t believe anyone should tell consenting adults who that can love, how they have sex, and who they marry. Hell, I’m for trans rights. If a guy wants to dress and live as a woman, that’s not my business or my concern. Where I have issues with trans is that we have to pretend that we see a woman when we don’t. That “misgendering” is a hate crime. That men who tuck their genitalia should be able to compete in women’s sports and live in sororities and go to women’s prisons when they commit a crime. And that we should proselytize this lifestyle amongst small children.

It’s madness.

And that group continues to push the envelope. They propose that straight men should willingly and knowingly date trans “women” and when they have sex, these woke straight men should agree to suck the trans “woman’s” penis to satisfy “her.” And if you refuse, you’re transphobic. And, no, I’m not making this up.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Maria Zakharova, Russia’s foreign ministry spokesperson, has dismissed US statements that it does not want to see the situation in Ukraine escalate, after this week’s drone attack on Moscow. On her Telegram channel, Zakharova said: That’s funny. They broke the house themselves, doused it with gasoline, set fire to it themselves, planted fireworks and firewood themselves, and now they are declaring an ‘unwillingness to escalate’. The ‘war of the west’ in a hybrid format has been going on for a long time.

At face, this isn't any thing particularly new coming from the Kremlin. Standard shit.

Something of note over the last 14+ months since Putin brought his Russian Army over Ukraine's border in February 2022 - failing spectacularly at the onset - think back about how Putin framed his invasion. Ukraine is governed by Nazi's who are committing genocide against Russian speaking people in the Donbas. We had no choice except to cross the boarder and bring a halt to this barbaric behavior. Also, Ukraine has historically never existed - a huge bold faced lie but revanchist bull-shit is Putin's calling card - we're just reclaiming Russian imperial territory. Besides, none of the provisions of the Paris Peace Accords or the adoption of the UN Charter were legal.

About 6-8 months ago the Kremlin's line began to change. We are in a monumental struggle with the west who is attempting to "tear apart" the Russian Federation, they began saying. Citizens of Russia, rally around the Russian flag and support complete Russian victory in Ukraine. That got expanded to NATO conspires against us and the UE wants to spread it's culturally corrupt ways eastward into Russia and countries with Russian cultural ties in its sphere of influence. Going further, Europe and the US promised not to expand NATO. That is happening and the allaince of western nations wants to run the world. Russia (along with Iran, NK and China) are want new centers of power (around us, of course). Zakharova's statement follows the shift of Kremlin lines attempting to justify Putin's unjustifiable (IMO) brutality. I add the rejoinder because there are plenty of countries who do see things like Putin does currently, maybe not his earlier justifications but the stuff about new centers of power with governments than, unlike that of the US, actually work. Anyway, it's an important geopoltical conflict the outcome of which will shape the next two decades at least.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

I try to be consistent and I don’t believe anyone should tell consenting adults who that can love, how they have sex, and who they marry. Hell, I’m for trans rights. If a guy wants to dress and live as a woman, that’s not my business or my concern. Where I have issues with trans is that we have to pretend that we see a woman when we don’t. That “misgendering” is a hate crime. That men who tuck their genitalia should be able to compete in women’s sports and live in sororities and go to women’s prisons when they commit a crime. And that we should proselytize this lifestyle amongst small children.

It’s madness.

And that group continues to push the envelope. They propose that straight men should willingly and knowingly date trans “women” and when they have sex, these woke straight men should agree to suck the trans “woman’s” penis to satisfy “her.” And if you refuse, you’re transphobic. And, no, I’m not making this up.
                  Same here. People can live as they want...but this in our face...and pretending men are women...is HURTING WOMEN...yet the Progs seem ok with it. Hard to understand.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 1 month trend lines for Target and InBev stock.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Still one of the greatest and most poignant political cartoons of all time...

race-mixing-advertising-comic.png?fit=1000%2C1000&ssl=1.png

Comment

• In tactical news: The Ukrainians are, according to some Russians, bringing (Putin's - though they won't say it) war home to roost in drone attacks on Moscow. Western nations are saying that wasn't our stuff..... and it wasn't. Ukraine builds it's own drones. Ukrainian-manufactured UJ-22s were employed - some experts say up to 25 of them (the Russians say there were 8 and they were all shot down). Nope. There's video confirmations of the UJ22s (disputed) and images of damage that was caused by explosions - not falling debris like the Russians claim the damage was from. It will all get sorted out and none of it matters.

This isn't a military victory. It's a psychological one..... note the target. Upscale apartments and homes of well to do Muscovites. Ukrainian ops are taking advantage of the increasing likelihood that the Russian citizen mood overall is shifting from unwavering support for, to against, Putin's Special Military Operation. It's getting harder and harder to hide the huge number of Russians that have perished fighting in Ukraine. The Kremlin has started exaggerating Ukrainian body counts right from Johnson's playbook as anti-Vietnam war protests in the US started getting larger, more numerous and vocal ...... a "yeah but look at how many Gomers (or in this case Ukrainians) WE'VE killed." It's sick but so is war in general. Sadly, we're growing accustomed to that reality.

Along with Moscow, the Ukrainians have struck an oil refinery with drones - it's in flames and hard to hide from civilian satellites and uploaded video on social media - and heavily shelled a Russian controlled enclave in occupied Luhansk Oblast killing a bunch of people there. I'd say, the counter offensive is on in somewhat of an unexpected way but nonetheless, it's probably underway.

Also of political interest, French President Macron addressed a group of EU ministers and NATO reps in Moldova today. He stressed the importance of expanding NATO membership to ultimately include Sweden and Ukraine and the continued unity among western nations to support Ukraine's defense. He also outlined an emerging NATO member notion that while Ukraine isn't going to gain NATO membership any time soon (its a long process), the west needs to develop plans to provide security assurances to Ukraine in the interim. In addition, he made a point that Ukraine is going to have to meet it's military objectives in the next few months or participants need to start to think about negotiations to bring an end to the war in Ukraine and a lasting peace to Europe. The west, he stated, is going to have to negotiate with Putin not attempt to try him and put him in jail for war crimes. An interesting variation of his usual stand on peace talks.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

It’s madness.

It goes until you stop it.

3dba72d0102e46f2abcd6032637c42679b32b2d54260886af0c2078a2990be58_1.webp

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

heh
                              I went backwards trying to find that quote but it was in the future

Comment

• What is it with you and these creepy cartoons? Get offline, it's summer

Comment

Working...
                                X