No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll take your word for it on the lawsuit. I'm not a lawyer.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

That’s an enjoyable read.
      Yeah, he's spot on. His line about Bud Light doesn't need politics to sell Bud Light, but it does need Bud Light to sell politics is spot on.

And they're going to shit all over Indiana Jones, too. I don't know if they have the temerity to do that indigenous peoples shit, but there's almost no doubt Indiana Jones will be a doddering fool aided by the Girl Boss who knows all, can do all and is essentially perfect. It'll be a good time for all!
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

I mean, free speech is free speech. Walgreen's said they won't sell abortion pills in 20 states and Newsom said, fuck you, we're done doing business with you.
        Newsome is wrong on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          I'm surprised at the legs this thing had. And it's so richly deserved. Not -- IMO -- because they overtly trying to peddle ideology through beer -- but because they picked such a detestable (IMO) person. I've said it before, there are a lot of genuine trans folks who aren't total asshats that they could have picked. Mulvaney, however, is almost infintely insulting. So richly deserved.
          Bud Light has always had a marketing slant of self parody, and this wasn't a HUGE promotion, so using a non-asshat tranny probably wouldn't have made as large of a ripple in the pond. The point where they really fucked up, which (not surprisingly) eludes the comprehension of the prog loons, is that their response didn't just undermine their core market, they insulted them and boasted about it.

Even King Dilly Dilly can't save them now. That poor guy ended up getting killed off in Jack Ryan and now he's doing commercials for a shitty cable system.

Comment

• I have a relative who delivers Bud Light and there are places in Michigan that hasn't sold a 12 pack in weeks. Especially in the heavily militia areas. Bud Light is in big time trouble. That boycott does have legs.

Comment

• I just don't understand how in the hell that campaign ever got approved...I mean...no where along the chain did someone say "Uh...I don't think this is probably a good move"...I mean...puzzling as fuck...forget the politics of it...just pure stupidity...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I don't think it went up the chain as the person who gave the OK has already been fired.

Comment

• “The top executives at Anheuser-Busch realized, far too late, that the Bud Light marketing efforts had been hijacked by a bunch of woke youngsters who didn’t really think their job was to use progressive agenda to sell Bud Light; the marketing department believed its job was to use Bud Light to sell the progressive agenda. Now, the company is buying back unsold spoiled inventory and, in some situations, literally giving the beer away for free.”

and

“Hey, does any gay-rights group want to dress up as Muslim imams? Nah? Okay. We know the score. It’s safe to pick on Catholics, because Catholics are going to turn the other cheek and ignore you or offer mild protest. Dress up in drag to mock Muslims and there’s a good chance you’ll get firebombed. We saw this with the publication of Salman Rushdie’s The Satanic Verses, we saw this with the Muhammad cartoons, we saw this with Charlie Hebdo magazine over in France, and we see it now. What those who enjoy mocking Christianity ought to fear is the day that certain Christians look at the Muslims and realize intimidation, threats, and violence are an effective way to make their faith un-mockable. American society is perfectly okay with threats of violence in response to blasphemous speech, but we only tolerate it for certain faiths. There are good reasons to doubt that double standard is sustainable.​“

The above are two well written passages.

—————

In the end, as I said in my discussion with Froot last night, it is ridiculous for a huge national corporation to feel that they need to issue statements on politics to rise in chorus with either side of the aisle. In fact, they should stay away from it like the plague. I mean, sure, this is America and you can do that, just don’t act shocked when it bites you.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                    I just don't understand how in the hell that campaign ever got approved...I mean...no where along the chain did someone say "Uh...I don't think this is probably a good move"...I mean...puzzling as fuck...forget the politics of it...just pure stupidity...
                    Maybe it was..
                    Attached Files

Comment

• EFZ
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• LOONS ON STEROIDS!!!!
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Newsome is wrong on that.
                          And I actually don't think he is -- well, he may be if the policy injures the people of California (I haven't a clue if it does or doesn't). But, it's a political issue. And politicians do politics.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            I don't think it went up the chain as the person who gave the OK has already been fired.
                            This is almost certainly true -- Geraghty is almost certainly right -- a marketing department "hijacked" by, well, not someone who understood Bud Light's core audience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

Bud Light has always had a marketing slant of self parody, and this wasn't a HUGE promotion, so using a non-asshat tranny probably wouldn't have made as large of a ripple in the pond. The point where they really fucked up, which (not surprisingly) eludes the comprehension of the prog loons, is that their response didn't just undermine their core market, they insulted them and boasted about it.

Even King Dilly Dilly can't save them now. That poor guy ended up getting killed off in Jack Ryan and now he's doing commercials for a shitty cable system.
                              Correct. The “Moving away from frat boys” line lit the fuse. The average Bud Light drinker does not want to be associated with frat boys. Bud Light’s demographic was heavily blue-collar (and that ain’t frats). The NASCAR and fishing bros crowd did not want to be called frat boys and they took umbrage at Bud after the ad exec publicly lamented the unsavory customer base she had and verbalized her desire to find new customers.
                              Last edited by AlabamAlum; May 31, 2023, 01:19 PM.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• ...so it was akin to United Airlines letting a maintenance tech fly an airplane...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X