No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The woman who accused The Chairman of sexually assaulting her 30 years ago has "defected" to Russia.

A former staffer who accused Joe Biden of sexual assault has defected to Moscow, telling state media that she felt “safe” in Russia and would seek citizenship there.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

The man in that clip is Dan Cathy, son of Chick-Fil-A founder S. Truett Cathy. He and his entire family are Pentecostals like you say. The man is literally the same guy who campaigned against same-sex marriage all throughout the 2010's. When libs had their very unsuccessful boycott against Chick-Fil-A it was during Dan Cathy's tenure as CEO (he stepped down in 2021).

This is a good example of right-wing culture warriors now combing through old shit and desperately looking for something they can get angry about because the material's drying up and to make money as an online shithead you need constant engagement
      When your only policy is culture war, you gotta do what you gotta do to keep the rubes outraged.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

I'm not clear on how much homosexuality can be mentioned other than in an sex ed class which almost everyone only takes once, most likely in junior high.

Can you read a book in Senior English class that contains a gay character? Can you discuss Harvey Milk or the gay rights movement in a HS history class? Unless you know literally everything there is to know about Florida educational standards it's pretty difficult to say from the law itself.
        Agreed. Like I said earlier, I think it’s a sloppy law and you have to know Florida education standards to see if those items can be taught and where there are no clear directives on allowed subject matter, the teacher would be smart to avoid the topic completely, which I hate. I would hope that a history or civics teacher discussing pertinent things like that would be given latitude, but I am not sure that they would.

In an attempt at stopping a 5th grade teacher from championing gender fluidity or trans rights in a math class (or other such ridiculousness), this blunt tool may dissuade legitimate discussion in those isolated instances you mention. It’s certainly not perfect and needs some fleshing out.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

The Pope washes prisoners feet for some annual event thingy.
          This is correct, wait until the cancel culture warriors get ahold of that.

Comment

The woman who accused The Chairman of sexually assaulting her 30 years ago has "defected" to Russia.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/31/polit...ntl/index.html
            What is it with these people and Russia? Back in the George W Bush days, at least the people on the left were threatening to move to Canada.

Comment

• Quite a piece on the guy behind "Blacks For Trump" that you see at many Trump rallies. Fox never would have run a story like this just a few years ago.

The "Blacks for Trump" founder, who said during a recent interview that he wants to "destroy" Republican presidential candidate Gov. Ron DeSantis, has a decades-long past of run-ins with the law and is a devoted follower of the late cult leader Hulon Mitchell Jr.

Maurice Symonette, formerly Maurice Woodside, was interviewed by Laura Loomer, a former President Trump devotee and twice-failed GOP candidate, during a protest outside of DeSantis’ presidential campaign announcement at the Miami Four Seasons hotel last Wednesday.

In a blog post accompanying her video, Loomer described Symonette as one of the "real grassroots voters" who wants to "make it clear that DeSantis is a fraud."

"I’m here to destroy DeSantis, because he’s a bastard from Hell," Symonette told Loomer. "What I'm going to do is make sure that you don't win, and that everybody knows that you're a RINO Republican racist."

The "Blacks for Trump" founder whose members are protesting against Republican presidential candidate Gov. Ron DeSantis is a devoted follower of the late cult leader Hulon Mitchell Jr.

Comment

• desantis-also-called-jesus-a-groomer-v0-gsmzwici430b1 (1).webp
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yeah, the looney Left’s ideology is closely related to the founding of Christianity. That’s one of the dumbest memes in history.

In other news, Target has lost over $12B in market cap in the last 8 trading days.

Comment

• Froot, can you explain why you think it’s so important for kindergartners to learn about transgenderism and sexual fetishes? It seems so important to you.

Comment

• The Left championed cancel culture and boycotts. The Right lampooned their actions. Now the Right is championing it and the Left is lampooning their actions.

The Left can’t believe that the Right listens to Sean Hannity (et al) on Fox. After all, he spews an agenda-slanted view to promote conservative talking points, but the Left can’t see the irony when they tune into Rachel Maddow (et al) on MSNBC (etc).

When the Disney CEO takes Leftwing political stances and issues policy statements, he’s a hero with the Left. When some other CEO champions a Rightwing stance, he’s the new “My Pillow” guy.

It’s all kinda funny if it didn’t distract us from serious matters like common sense abortion laws, the border, international politics Re: Russia/Ukraine, and the economy.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        You're incorrect. In Florida, you go to jail if, as a teacher, you say gay. That's the law. And if you have any doubt, please, for the love of God, trust the Media accounts and don't, whatever you do, read the actual law.
                        They should rename it the don't say DSL bill...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Quite a piece on the guy behind "Blacks For Trump" that you see at many Trump rallies. Fox never would have run a story like this just a few years ago.

The "Blacks for Trump" founder, who said during a recent interview that he wants to "destroy" Republican presidential candidate Gov. Ron DeSantis, has a decades-long past of run-ins with the law and is a devoted follower of the late cult leader Hulon Mitchell Jr.

Maurice Symonette, formerly Maurice Woodside, was interviewed by Laura Loomer, a former President Trump devotee and twice-failed GOP candidate, during a protest outside of DeSantis’ presidential campaign announcement at the Miami Four Seasons hotel last Wednesday.

In a blog post accompanying her video, Loomer described Symonette as one of the "real grassroots voters" who wants to "make it clear that DeSantis is a fraud."

"I’m here to destroy DeSantis, because he’s a bastard from Hell," Symonette told Loomer. "What I'm going to do is make sure that you don't win, and that everybody knows that you're a RINO Republican racist."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/bla...premacist-cult
                          What's the fuss? The Chairman clearly told us that if you vote for Trump you ain't black...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Froot, can you explain why you think it’s so important for kindergartners to learn about transgenderism and sexual fetishes? It seems so important to you.
                            I don't think they should, nowhere have I said that. But you can't bring the government down on a company for saying their peace on the Don't Say Gay law.

Do you think government retaliation for free speech is correct? I think I'm the past you have in the past indicated that you agree with it, especially in this case.
                            Last edited by froot loops; May 31, 2023, 08:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              The Left championed cancel culture and boycotts. The Right lampooned their actions. Now the Right is championing it and the Left is lampooning their actions.

The Left can’t believe that the Right listens to Sean Hannity (et al) on Fox. After all, he spews an agenda-slanted view to promote conservative talking points, but the Left can’t see the irony when they tune into Rachel Maddow (et al) on MSNBC (etc).

When the Disney CEO takes Leftwing political stances and issues policy statements, he’s a hero with the Left. When some other CEO champions a Rightwing stance, he’s the new “My Pillow” guy.

It’s all kinda funny if it didn’t distract us from serious matters like common sense abortion laws, the border, international politics Re: Russia/Ukraine, and the economy.
                              The first big boycott of Disney began in the mid 90's when the Southern Baptists were furious that Disney was offering health insurance benefits to same-sex partners. This happened at the same time that Ellen came out as gay (and was on Disney-owned ABC). The Baptists wanted Disney to cancel Ellen and fire anyone openly gay at the theme park. It was an unsuccessful boycott but it lasted almost a decade.

Comment

• And Disney's response back then was to institute several "Gay Pride" days onto their yearly event calendar. So, basically Disney told the Southern Baptists, "FU, we'll do whatever we want.... AND .... YOU will still continue to come here, and give us your money, and allow US to entertain your children"....
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X