No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't confuse froot with facts...his head will explode...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I don't understand why Disney feels its so necessary for schools in Florida to teach kindergardners thru 3rd graders about how homosexuals and lesbians have sex. Can't that wait until at least 4th grade?
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Froot,

-Oscar Mayer has employees in all 50 states. Should the CEO issue a statement in support of his Mississippi workers who are upset about Oregon’s pro-trans laws? What if the CEO actually likes the Oregon trans law? Can he overrule them and avoid issuing support? What if the previous CEO had a completely different take?

-A small number of Disney’s California employees were protesting a Florida bill that hadn’t even been signed at the time. What if an equal number of California Disney employees decided they like Florida restricting sexual orientation education at the K through third grade age? Should he then issue a statement that he both agrees and disagrees with the Florida bill?

-With Ruffles Potato Chips, what if after the employee vote, the numbers show 40% support gun control; a dead even 40% want a strong 2nd Amendment, and the remaining 20% abstain? We don’t have a majority or a plurality. Should they flip a coin?

-Finally, I don’t know about you, but I’m on the edge of my seat waiting to hear about how 150 of the employees who make Tide Pods will decide what the company statement on abortion rights will be.

Last edited by AlabamAlum; May 30, 2023, 10:22 PM.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Only loons can understand that, Liney..

Comment

• EFZ
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
              I don't understand why Disney feels it’s so necessary for schools in Florida to teach kindergardners thru 3rd graders about how homosexuals and lesbians have sex. Can't that wait until at least 4th grade?
              Fwiw the Florida bill was later amended to include ALL grades, K-12.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Fwiw the Florida bill was later amended to include ALL grades, K-12.
                They amended it last month iirc.

They banned sexual orientation education in grades 4-12 UNLESS required by existing state standards - it is also allowed as part of reproductive health instruction that students can choose not to take.

In other words, sexual orientation can be taught in an elective SexEd class in grades 4-12 unless they’ve changed that.
                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You're incorrect. In Florida, you go to jail if, as a teacher, you say gay. That's the law. And if you have any doubt, please, for the love of God, trust the Media accounts and don't, whatever you do, read the actual law.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don't eat at Chick Fil-A so I don't really feel a dog in this fight, but LOL holy shit it turns out that there is a lot more to the recent negative attention that they have been getting than just a vague DEI statement...

Comment

• I don’t know about a shoe brush, but washing someone’s feet is very biblical. Jesus promoted it. He washed his disciples feet and encouraged them to do the same with others to exhibit humility and a servant’s heart.

It’s still done in many southern Pentecostal churches.

Comment

• Froot, you keep spelling “Parental Rights in Education Bill” incorrectly.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                          I don’t know about a shoe brush, but washing someone’s feet is very biblical. Jesus promoted it. He washed his disciples feet and encouraged them to do the same with others to exhibit humility and a servant’s heart.

The Pope washes prisoners feet for some annual event thingy.

Comment

They amended it last month iirc.

They banned sexual orientation education in grades 4-12 UNLESS required by existing state standards - it is also allowed as part of reproductive health instruction that students can choose not to take.

In other words, sexual orientation can be taught in an elective SexEd class in grades 4-12 unless they’ve changed that.
                            I'm not clear on how much homosexuality can be mentioned other than in an sex ed class which almost everyone only takes once, most likely in junior high.

Can you read a book in Senior English class that contains a gay character? Can you discuss Harvey Milk or the gay rights movement in a HS history class? Unless you know literally everything there is to know about Florida educational standards it's pretty difficult to say from the law itself.
                            Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; May 31, 2023, 07:20 AM.

Comment

I don’t know about a shoe brush, but washing someone’s feet is very biblical. Jesus promoted it. He washed his disciples feet and encouraged them to do the same with others to exhibit humility and a servant’s heart.

The man in that clip is Dan Cathy, son of Chick-Fil-A founder S. Truett Cathy. He and his entire family are Pentecostals like you say. The man is literally the same guy who campaigned against same-sex marriage all throughout the 2010's. When libs had their very unsuccessful boycott against Chick-Fil-A it was during Dan Cathy's tenure as CEO (he stepped down in 2021).

This is a good example of right-wing culture warriors now combing through old shit and desperately looking for something they can get angry about because the material's drying up and to make money as an online shithead you need constant engagement

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                Froot, you keep spelling “Parental Rights in Education Bill” incorrectly.
                                Huh? Don't you fellas refer to the hated ACA as Obamacare? Now all of a sudden you are a stickler for titles.

Anyways, if the Don't Say Gay law is no big deal, why did Tiny D (proper title Ron DeSantis) lose his shit and declare war on Disney because of their free speech against it. In his memoir he gloated about it.
                                Last edited by froot loops; May 31, 2023, 07:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X