No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is odd...is that Ohio...with loons like DSL...is turning more red...and Michigan...with sane citizens like liney...is turning deep blue...

"...strange days indeed...most peculiar mana...whoa..."
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      The Cuyahoga's caught fire a dozen times at least and the famous instance in 1969 wasn't even the worst one.

Lincoln's never had something like that happen because Lincoln has no industrial development. It's hard to have an enormous pelt trading accident.
      Heh...nice excuse. Cleveland has always been a D cesspool...always...yer just jealous of the good life in Nebraska...
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Dems' grip in Northeast Ohio has weakened and in Appalachia it's completely gone. Both of those areas were overly industrial and the free trade regime of the 1980's through 2010's wiped out tens of thousands of union jobs. Trump's "America First" message of protectionism appeals to them.

Columbus is much more white collar and diversified and is the only part of the state trending leftward. Except for maybe the Cinci burbs a tiny bit, but that's only because they started off so far to the right to begin with.

Comment

• I liked Cleveland. Had a decent nightlife. Dined at some Italian place downtown that was fabulous (Venetian?). It’s a working class city that had a bit of a Pittsburgh vibe and I didn’t mind it.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I stayed in Cleveland several times..I recall a very good grilled cheese Place that had like 200 varieties of the sandwich...I tried several...couldn't shit for weeks.

fuckin' Cleveland
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Anyways if you want to end Gretch's reign of terror maybe don't nominate a far right loser next time. The problem isn't that the Michigan GOP is "wimpy". It's because you keep choosing aggressively obnoxious Trump-like assholes that alienate the people you need to win.
              Sad, but oh so TRUE.

Elections are the real "term limits" and voters are ultimately responsible. But you need names on ballots to make elections work.

Comment

• "Red flag" laws in a sane country would be quickly challenged and defeated in court.

Comment

• EFZ. Blatant attack on the Second Amendment...which Progs wants to render gone.
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                    I liked Cleveland. Had a decent nightlife. Dined at some Italian place downtown that was fabulous (Venetian?). It’s a working class city that had a bit of a Pittsburgh vibe and I didn’t mind it.
                    The Venetian is still there I believe. Downtown Cleveland is nice. Has more character than downtown Columbus. Cleveland has a series of fun neighborhoods that are unfortunately separated by really bad ones.

Wiz the grilled cheese place sounds like The Melt but I'm not sure they've ever had a spot right downtown. Several in the burbs.

Comment

Anyways if you want to end Gretch's reign of terror maybe don't nominate a far right loser next time. The problem isn't that the Michigan GOP is "wimpy". It's because you keep choosing aggressively obnoxious Trump-like assholes that alienate the people you need to win.
                      It goes a lot deeper than that. The party hates its base and with this dysfunctional relationship in place, it's virtually impossible to get somebody who doesn't fall into one of two categories:
                      • Someone whose personality makes them unelectable
                      • Someone who can get elected but will be otherwise totally worthless once they get into office.

After having experienced the latter for a long time, the party constituents finally decided to take their chances on the former. Neither strategy has worked, and so the only remaining solution is to tear out the party apparatus by the roots and get everyone on the same page.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                        What is odd...is that Ohio...with loons like DSL...is turning more red...and Michigan...with sane citizens like liney...is turning deep blue...

"...strange days indeed...most peculiar mana...whoa..."
                        Ohio has had good governance by Republicans for some time now, and that makes a difference. Same in Florida. SE Michigan is a total cesspool full of welfare recipients. In one of the first posts I ever made here, I said "They ought to cut off SE MI and float it downriver to Lake Erie with the rest of the shit." More true now than then.

Comment

The Venetian is still there I believe. Downtown Cleveland is nice. Has more character than downtown Columbus. Cleveland has a series of fun neighborhoods that are unfortunately separated by really bad ones.

Wiz the grilled cheese place sounds like The Melt but I'm not sure they've ever had a spot right downtown. Several in the burbs.
                          I stayed in a suburb...yes it was The Melt.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Fuck the fuck off.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Talent:

"...our love is alive....so it begins....stumbin' in..."
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                                "Red flag" laws in a sane country would be quickly challenged and defeated in court.
                                Opponents of the new red flag law in Michigan will have to carry the case all the way to the USSC if they want a successful challenge to overturn it. The Michigan Supreme Court is now fully Democrat controlled, and filled with Gretch/Nessel cronies. Not sure what the appellate court makeup for this area is. If Bidet appointed them, they are all created in his image.

I don't know if anyone has the balls to take it all the way to the USSC.

So, Farmer Brown... get ready to give up your guns. That's who Gretch and Nessie are after. They don't have the stones to go after the Seven Mile Bloods.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X