Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Exactly.

I have a house on the beach that I rent out. One of the applicants had QAnon, MTG bullshit on her Facebook page.

As far as I know, she is still looking for a place to live, because I sure as hell wasn't renting my house to her.
    So you screen possible renters.

What's the difference between what you're doing, and a white landlord refusing to rent to a black person?

oh, one is politics and the other is race .. got it...
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Haha! Ok

I am turning down an application based on the fact that the person is a dumbass, not on their color or creed.

She has a right to free speech. I have a right to not rent my house to her.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Excluding potential renters based on politics is not illegal. I would have rented to her if her credit score and references were good, though. I don’t even do a social media check of prospective renters. My objective with my properties is to rent to people who pay on time and who won’t destroy the place. I’m not interested in educating people I think are idiots by refusing them a rental.

I mean there is a line with me, though. If I did social media checks, I wouldn’t rent to Hitler or Kirby lovers, but MTG is a fairly innocuous buffoon that no one of consequence really takes seriously. The QAnon stuff, depending on what it was, could be troublesome, though, but just some crazy belief in a ridiculous conspiracy? Nah. Good credit and refs = sign here, and here, and here. Initial here. Write me a check for first, last, and security, and, “Welcome aboard!”
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
          Excluding potential renters based on politics is not illegal. I would have rented to her if her credit score and references were good, though. I don’t even do a social media check of prospective renters. My objective with my properties is to rent to people who pay on time and who won’t destroy the place. I’m not interested in educating people I think are idiots by refusing them a rental.

I mean there is a line with me, though. If I did social media checks, I wouldn’t rent to Hitler or Kirby lovers, but MTG is a fairly innocuous buffoon that no one of consequence really takes seriously. The QAnon stuff, depending on what it was, could be troublesome, though, but just some crazy belief in a ridiculous conspiracy? Nah. Good credit and refs = sign here, and here, and here. Initial here. Write me a check for first, last, and security, and, “Welcome aboard!”
          There were enough applications that we could do that and not have to consider a right-wing wacko.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Don't know if it's a feint or what but there's a lot of chatter that Ukraine's invaded Russia's Belgorad province today.

Comment

• AA....would you rent to THE_WIZARD_?
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                AA....would you rent to THE_WIZARD_?
                Not if you're bringing your 35 cats. But I don't want to speak for AA

Comment

• She has a right to free speech. I have a right to not rent my house to her.
                  Thats dangerously close to what people in Montgomery and Selma said about Dr. King.

How about the folks at the Woolworths lunch counter in Greensboro NC? "They have a right to free speech, but don't eat at my lunch counter".

Comment

• So this Schembechler dude wasn't actually saying how great Jim Crow was? Just liking Thomas Sowell tweets? I know Sowell's posiiton on the disintegration of the black family due, IHO, to the benevolent soft bigotry of low expecations from the Left.

Anyway, as far as I can tell, that Jim Crow wasn't really that bad because, according to our President, TODAY IS EVEN WORSE -- JIM CROW ON STEROIDS.

Talk about some ignorant motherfucking shit.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Thats dangerously close to what people in Montgomery and Selma said about Dr. King.

How about the folks at the Woolworths lunch counter in Greensboro NC? "They have a right to free speech, but don't eat at my lunch counter".
                      You're reaching, dude. Not even close. Nice try though.

Comment

• Meanwhile, The Chairman has stated that he can unilaterally raise the debt ceiling pursuant to the 14th A. This is the constitutionally illiterate position The Chairman has taken amongst many strong contenders. Fortunately, it also highlights the Progs judicial "philosophy" -- if it's good for us then it's ok. In fact, the failure of the Progs to articulate a coherent judicial philosophy is a big reason why the House of Scalia and statutory textualism and Constituonal originalism are ascendent (in fact, for the former, the battle is over -- Brennan got his shit packed, thank god). The latter is still up for debate, but originalists benefit from the failure of the Left to articulate anything that is remotely coherent.

And so, we get this bullshit from the leader of the fucking free world. Because, you know, the Constitution is only obstacle to your plans if you let the words get in your way.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

You're reaching, dude. Not even close. Nice try though.
                          Embrace your inner racist CGVT... don't run from it ...

People have used all sorts of excuses to cater to people they 'prefer'.

Comment

• So, CGVT ...

If I am a property owner, lets say its an apartment house.

And two women come to me wanting to rent one of my apartments.

When they apply, I go to their FB pages, and see that they are married lesbians, and have marched in BLM rallies.

I deny their application, because I think both causes are 'stupid'.

Is there a difference between my scenario and the one you just did?

Comment

• Did you deny because they are lesbians? If so, discrimination. Did you deny because they support BLM? No problem.

Keep reaching.

Comment

• There's a ginormous difference between race-based actions and politics-based actions. That's pretty obvious. Now, it's clear a lot on the Left want to gulag people for political positions, but, for now, they only have the power to not rent to them.

The position that is waaaaaaay closer is being forced to make bake wedding cakes for whomever. That's comparable.

Comment

Working...
                                X