No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know most restaurants with do that with parties of 8 or more...but otherwise...I'd tell them to GTFO...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

I've noticed with the tablets the server brings now to settle the check the lowest preset tip % is 22%...of course it has the "Other Amount" button...which might as well say "Cheap Fucker". 15% used to be the norm...then 18%...then 20%...hell now if you don't go 25% you run the risk of spit in your food next time...
      Yeah I've noticed the same. I go to a local bar that has food trucks daily and their tip options are usually 20%-25%-30% with 30% being the default if you don't choose otherwise, heh. I don't really mind cuz these are small local businesses and I'm cool with throwing in a few extra bucks but a big nationwide fast food chain doing the same is obnoxious.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
        I know most restaurants with do that with parties of 8 or more...but otherwise...I'd tell them to GTFO...
        Yeah I would say that's normal for big groups but one or two people? Very pushy

Comment

• Agreed.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            Somehow the US is thriving, if you listen to _THE_WIZARD__ you would think it's a third world country. So much for the Reagan optimism, he is .ore about Trump's apocalyptic view.
            Yup. The Taker class is doing just fine. WIZ is talking about the working class.

Comment

• “Hello, I’d like a Dunkin Donut, please”

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                One more comment on "tipflation". I stopped for gas recently and the card reader wasn't working so I went inside to pay and the cashier spins the little swipey thing around to sign the screen and it had a prompt to add a tip. GTFO.
                This past Sunday our bill at a restaurant was $ 43.60. It had three boxes to check, one for 25%, one for 22.5%, and one for 20%. The 25% box tipped $ 14.68 (but 25% of $ 43.60 is actually $ 10.90). The other "pre-figured amounts" were also way off.

We have come to a society where no one can do basic arithmetic. So we are now "helped" with radically incorrect tip values.

Comment

• DSL- I don’t get it.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

This past Sunday our bill at a restaurant was $ 43.60. It had three boxes to check, one for 25%, one for 22.5%, and one for 20%. The 25% box tipped $ 14.68 (but 25% of $ 43.60 is actually $ 10.90). The other "pre-figured amounts" were also way off.

We have come to a society where no one can do basic arithmetic. So we are now "helped" with radically incorrect tip values.
                    I’ve noticed the same. I always do “custom tip” - figure 20% of the total in my head and round up to the nearest dollar. So, $43.60 is $8.72 and I leave $9 (unless really bad service or really great service).

(Talent, shut up about chocolate cake from Brio’s).
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Very sneaky. I thought maybe they were basing tips off of your post-tax bill but even if sales tax was 10% where you are, the tip should still only be about $12.00.

Comment

• Remember the Leslie Stahl-Trump interview circa 2020?

During one part of the interview, Trump declared "the biggest scandal was when they spied on my campaign."

"They spied on my campaign," he reiterated before Stahl shot down his remark.

"There is no real evidence of that," Stahl said.

"Of course there is, it’s all over the place," Trump said as Stahl responded, "No."

"Lesley, they spied on my campaign and they got caught," Trump said before Stahl interrupted again.

"Can I say something? You know, this is ’60 Minutes,’ and we can’t put on things we can’t verify," Stahl said.

"You won’t put it on because it’s bad for Biden," Trump shot back.

Leslie...mea culpa?
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

I’ve noticed the same. I always do “custom tip” - figure 20% of the total in my head and round up to the nearest dollar. So, $43.60 is $8.72 and I leave $9 (unless really bad service or really great service).

(Talent, shut up about chocolate cake from Brio’s).
                          I used to leave solid dollar amounts. Only changed if service was unusually good or bad. Places where I'm a regular and bartenders know my name I usually tip in the 30-40% range.

Under $10 = $2
                          10-20 = $4
                          20-30 = $6
                          30-40 = $8
                          40-50 = $10
                          And so on...

Comment

• Well you still get the Children's menu pricing...so cares...and Geezer gets the Senior Discount....
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Drudge is claiming he has a source at Fox saying Hannity will take Tucker's spot at 8, Jesse Waters will move to 9, and Gutfeld at 10.

Not mentioned is what's happening to Laura. Could she possibly be out too??

Hannity to Replace Tucker in Major Fox News Shake Up: Report (mediaite.com)

Comment

• Arguments in the abortion pill case will start in the next few minutes in the 5th Circuit. I will not be listening but they are apparently breaking with normal practice and broadcasting the audio live.

This is for a merits decision. It would be extremely surprising if they fully upheld the district court, even though this is the most conservative circuit in the country.

Comment

Working...
                                X