Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

We'll agree to disagree probably. I'm just trying to suggest that big city people are more accepting of govt involvement on any issue versus people in smalltown/rural America. So they vote for the more pro-govt party.

On a different note I like this new CNN format where they stand while delivering the news because Kate Bolduan in certain outfits is very easy to look at. Not to be a letch or anything.
    Yeah. We will disagree. I do not think people in inner cities are voting democratic because of basic utilities and public works. I live in a heavily Republican area and have for decades. I have held public office and no one ever said to me “we need fewer police, firefighters, no city water/sewer, unrepaired roads, etc.”

I think you’re conflating republicans with Libertarians, philosophically.

So, yeah, we can drop it.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• As a suburbanite we are expected a certain bourgeois lifestyle and are apt to assimilate those values to our way of life. The big city only allows for the needs of the community as a whole and therefore submits to the lowest common denominator of society. That is the homeless, downtrodden( oddly not immigrants, or only certain immigrants)and outright criminals are to be exhaulted to top tier level.

Comment

• DSL...as usual...is full of poo...in more ways than one...
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
          DSL...as usual...is full of poo...in more ways than one...
          So are your Depends, or is that just your natural musk?

Comment

• Try not to slobber on your screen DSL...but here shemale is...for your eyes only...Artemis-Langford-1.jpg
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• No worries folks...DSL will be back in five minutes...and he'll be much more relaxed...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Seems to me that the only one here obsessed with Trannies, she-males and gays in general is Wiz.

Hmmmmnnnn...
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Only you big guy...now go slap on some lipstick and a dress for THE_WIZARD_...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                    Only you big guy...now go slap on some lipstick and a dress for THE_WIZARD_...
                    When you owned your own business you could get away with this behavior but Denny's is a family establishment and won't tolerate this shit.

Comment

• Has anyone actually encountered this? Self-checkout lanes asking for tips?

Self-checkout machines now asking customers to leave a tip | cbs8.com

Comment

• I haven't seen it yet but I'm kind of over the whole "tipflation" thing. During Covid when everything was takeout I'd be sure to tip for them bringing the food out to the car or just bagging it up or whatever because I knew they were in a shitty situation without in-person dining but now that things are back to normal I've stopped adding a tip when I go pick up a pizza or whatever.

Comment

• Also I missed this when I did my Mayor count. There was an election for Colorado Springs mayor too last night and the Republican lost badly to a Nigerian immigrant running as an Independent. So Republicans serve as Mayors in 9 out of the 50 largest cities. Apologies for the needed correction.

Yemi Mobolade elected mayor of Colorado Springs (coloradosun.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            I haven't seen it yet but I'm kind of over the whole "tipflation" thing. During Covid when everything was takeout I'd be sure to tip for them bringing the food out to the car or just bagging it up or whatever because I knew they were in a shitty situation without in-person dining but now that things are back to normal I've stopped adding a tip when I go pick up a pizza or whatever.
                            Yeah the request for a tip just for ordering fast food has gotten annoying. Especially at Five Guys where the prices are high (by fast food standards) to begin with.

I have not yet personally seen a self-checkout lane asking me for a tip at Wal-Mart, Target, the grocery store, etc.

Comment

• One more comment on "tipflation". I stopped for gas recently and the card reader wasn't working so I went inside to pay and the cashier spins the little swipey thing around to sign the screen and it had a prompt to add a tip. GTFO.

Comment

• On the "poo management' subject: I live in a township in this thing called a "subdivision". DSL ought to look that up. Even as far back as the 30's, "subdivisions" of homes were put in outside of cities, and when they were built, one of the first things put in was a community wide water and sewage system. Most 'subdivisions' were built too far away from cities, so they could not hook in to city water and sewer systems.

The developers would have had a hard time selling all those ranch-style 3 bedroom homes with about an acre of land, if they didn't provide indoor plumbing. Outhouses may have been vogue in Ohio, but in other places of the country, most folks wanted to move on with indoor plumbing, running water, and actual 'bathrooms'. So, developers built water and sewage systems that worked independently of nearby cities and towns.

Ours works great. And I have no water or sewer bill. Ever.

back to your regular programming
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X