Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
    I live in a Republican controlled town. We don’t have septic, everyone is on city sewer. Why democratic cities are democratic has almost nothing to do with basic city services. There is no Republican living in a brownstone in NYC thinking, “I need a septic tank!”

Larger cities are democratic largely because of the increased minority vote and universities. University students vote in urban areas at a 95% democratic clip. Lower income minorities believe democrats -at every level- are “on their side” and those cities absolutely cater to the lower socioeconomic strata by increasing social services provided.
    My point is that a NYC Republican and a rural Nebraska Republican are going to have different views on how big a role govt should play in society. Everyone in a big city, regardless of party, is probably more comfortable with the idea that govt has a role to play in managing things because local govt is everywhere in a big city. Whether they are consciously thinking that every day or not. In the balance between individual freedom and common good, big cities are skewed towards common good much more than in rural America and that influences how people think.

Comment

• And as someone who has lived in a rural area where I had to have a septic tank, it was never because I wanted septic, it was because there weren’t enough people in the area to have sewer lines. If there were, I would have been on it. I had no choice, though. It was either septic (which I hate) or shit in my hand.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I live in a Republican controlled town. We don’t have septic, everyone is on city sewer. Why democratic cities are democratic has almost nothing to do with basic city services. There is no Republican living in a brownstone in NYC thinking, “I need a septic tank!”

Larger cities are democratic largely because of the increased minority vote and universities. University students vote in urban areas at a 95% democratic clip. Lower income minorities believe democrats -at every level- are “on their side” and those cities absolutely cater to the lower socioeconomic strata by increasing social services provided.
        DSL still believes that rural America...which according to him is any city less than a million people...struggle to have such luxuries as running water, indoor plumbing and electricity...they all have their own poop fields...a well...and a windmill...

JFC.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• JFC...even small towns of 1000 people have city sewer...what a fucking tool.
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ...runs out to take a dip in the cement pond...
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• ...and according to DSL.. only D's can manage such a complex thing as filtering poop out of water...
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• SF is doing great things with pooey... Alameda-Street_Potrero-Hill_-SF-2020_11_24_3-1.jpg
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Five posts in a row from Wiz. Must have really pissed off the dumb creep. You mad, Wizzie? Gonna throw your colostomy bag at me?

Tell the nurse to wheel you back to the common room so you can watch Blue Bloods reruns and cool down. Careful on that blood pressure big guy.

Comment

• Look...it's the Poo Master!!!
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Better to be Master of the Poo than piss & poo the master of you

Comment

• DSL,

Basic city services and their management (power, water, sewer, schools, roads, hospitals, fire, ambulance, health inspectors, parks/rec, and police) are almost universally wanted and championed by republicans - at least the ones I know. I do have a capital L Libertarian friend who doesn't (he really wants anarchy), but otherwise? Yeah.

Most repubs I know do, however, bristle at taxpayer-funded housing, food, childcare, cash subsidies for the poor, and the like, though).
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• ...meanwhile...heard at a Mayoral debate in a large city somewhere...

R CANDIDATE: "I WANT THE POO DAMMIT!!"

D CANDIDATE: "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE POO!"

Son, we live in a world that has poo, and that poo has to be eradicated by men with water. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Neo-Con? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for feces, and you curse the Dems. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That our poo, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that poo, you need me on that poo. We use words like chlorine, filters, dysentary. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending poo. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the indoor plumbing that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, otherwise, I suggest you pick up a shovel, and start digging. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

DSL,

Basic city services and their management (power, water, sewer, schools, roads, hospitals, fire, ambulance, health inspectors, parks/rec, and police) are almost universally wanted and championed by republicans - at least the ones I know. I do have a capital L Libertarian friend who doesn't (he really wants anarchy), but otherwise? Yeah.

Most repubs I know do, however, bristle at taxpayer-funded housing, food, childcare, cash subsidies for the poor, and the like, though).
                            We'll agree to disagree probably. I'm just trying to suggest that big city people are more accepting of govt involvement on any issue versus people in smalltown/rural America. So they vote for the more pro-govt party.

On a different note I like this new CNN format where they stand while delivering the news because Kate Bolduan in certain outfits is very easy to look at. Not to be a letch or anything.

Comment

• Is she really a man? Wtf are you doing looking at a real woman?

puzzling
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                                Is she really a man? Wtf are you doing looking at a real woman?

puzzling
                                Uh oh did they accidentally put salt on your eggs this morning? I'll remind them that's a no-no. Do what the doctor told you, just breathe deep and slow and try not to think about Husker football.

We all want you to get well.
                                Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; May 17, 2023, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X