Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

First, I don’t disagree that it’s not a reason he lost (but that is what he’ll say, regardless), but I am not sure that I agree that he handled Covid or Floyd riots terribly.

With Covid, it was way more than Trump. Infrastructure for PH had not been a priority in decades and with the virus, we were kinda making it up as we went along. He did help enable a quick vaccine, but no one, not even public health and epidemiology professionals, had a clear strategy or path.

With Floyd, I guess he could have had more appeals to the rioters to “stop and give peace a chance” but I don’t believe that the rioters would find much currency in a heart-to-heart speech from Trump. He certainly couldn’t send in the Army to stop rioters.
    Trump's messaging on covid was very bad. Initially it was complete denial there was a problem (probably too trusting of the Chinese at first), which transitioned into a nationwide shutdown and ludicrous press conferences where he offered nonsensical medical opinions. The one real accomplishment he can take credit for, speeding up the creation of vaccines, he can't even acknowledge publicly anymore because half the Republican base thinks covid vaccines are instant death.

Comment

• Comment

• It was definitely COVID that sank Trump's re-election. effort, which was trending ever more likely in early 2020. Still, I don't think one could honestly say that Biden did anything that would indicate that he would have done any better.

And.. considering all that we've learned on all of these "sideshow" topics, how could anyone NOT think there was something really fishy on the whole COVID saga?

Comment

• The media made it look like Trump was killing people with Covid. His response in my opinion was wrong but not in the way our resident white supremacist thinks...
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• DSL?KKK DSL.jpg
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• FBI to the world:

"Whoops! My bad."
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The FBI response to the Durham Report certainly validates the report as something more than a "partisan" investigation.

DJT can simultaneously be: (1) correct that there was something bordering on a "deep state" effort thoroughly delegitimize and damage his Presidency; (2) largely responsible for his failure with electorate in losing to a thoroughly bad candidate ; and (3) unfit to serve as President. And I think all are correct.

Unfortunately, is this world of pure ends, any effort to point out (1) is met by the Left as supporting Trump or, possibly, racist when, in fact, process-concerned folks might make the point AA made earlier. And any effort to point out (2) or (3) is met with "cuck" or "RINO" or "crashcourse-lover" or other vile shit.
                Last edited by iam416; May 16, 2023, 09:43 AM.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• PMS-NBC's spin on the Durham Report is just classic...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                    The media made it look like Trump was killing people with Covid. His response in my opinion was wrong but not in the way our resident white supremacist thinks...
                    Well, there was that respirator crisis, bleach injection fiasco and stacks of bodies in bags at that hospital in Detroit. For starters. You can't blame the "bats" for all of that, and there was no need to fabricate ANY of it, so it HAD to be Trump!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      The FBI response to the Durham Report certainly validates the report as something more than a "partisan" investigation.

DJT can simultaneously be: (1) correct that there was something bordering on a "deep state" effort thoroughly delegitimize and damage his Presidency; (2) largely responsible for his failure with electorate in losing to a thoroughly bad candidate ; and (3) unfit to serve as President. And I think all are correct.

Unfortunately, is this world of pure ends, any effort to point out (1) is met by the Left as supporting Trump or, possibly, racist when, in fact, process-concerned folks might make the point AA made earlier. And any effort to point out (2) or (3) is met with "cuck" or "RINO" or "crashcourse-lover" or other vile shit.
                      Also true that (1) There was no actual collusion (2) The FBI abused its power and went well beyond what the evidence warranted and (3) Trump had some sketchy people on his campaign, who made some suspicious decisions, and he himself has consistently sounded quite pro-Putin.

Comment

• They were going to blame Trump no matter what he did...so he went to the extreme with the vax production and fucking covid payments...which of course now we know the fraud and excessive monies are part of our fucking inflation problem...and The Chairman just ran with it and said hold my beer on it. Trump had to do something...like FDR in 1933...his extreme measures did not bring us out of the great depression...WWII...although the Progs will say otherwise...as FDR is their God of the welfare state (along with Johnson)...but Trump had to look like he was compassionate...but was grilled for his response anyway...hell he was called a racist for shutting off travel from China to the US...that alone probably saved thousands of lives...but was portrayed as RACISM!!!

Trump made a lot of mistakes in early Covid...but mistakes on the excess.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Also true that (1) There was no actual collusion (2) The FBI abused its power and went well beyond what the evidence warranted and (3) Trump had some sketchy people on his campaign, who made some suspicious decisions, and he himself has consistently sounded quite pro-Putin.
                          THE WHOLE THING WAS BASED ON UNVERIFIED INFORMATION! WTF DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND ABOUT THIS?

This is fucking Watergate on steroids type shit. But the media...:::crickets:::
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Trump's messaging on covid was very bad. Initially it was complete denial there was a problem (probably too trusting of the Chinese at first), which transitioned into a nationwide shutdown and ludicrous press conferences where he offered nonsensical medical opinions. The one real accomplishment he can take credit for, speeding up the creation of vaccines, he can't even acknowledge publicly anymore because half the Republican base thinks covid vaccines are instant death.
                            It was an unprecedented event in our lifetime. Loads of people were in denial that was a huge issue, initially. Hell, Fauci denied the need for masking initially and then did a 180 later. I find it hard to blame him (or anyone) on a response to an 100-year unprecedented that we were making up (and changing daily) as we went along. But whatever.

What about the Floyd riots? What action did he need to take that would have calmed the masses and stopped the looting and burning?
                            "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It's Trump's fault cuz he's a racist.....errrr....white supremacist...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• This is why Hillary was so incredulous to her defeat...she lost a rigged in her favor election...lmao
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X