Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    The Republican Party is the party for “smart” people. That’s why Donald J. Trump keeps winning the nomination year after year. Because the party is full of very smart very mature people who know reality TV star Donald J. Trump is as close as it comes to being a perfect avatar for themselves. Anyone who says otherwise is a Marxist tranny who like watching Disney+ and beating off to Beaches.
    Common sense is uncommon umong dem land. That's why you vote the opposite. Everything right and moral is the exact opposite with dems and the left.

Comment

• Mike:

That video is just outstanding.

Witness tweets "Justices are for sale"
      Senator asks, do you believe justices are for sale?
      Witness: No.
      Senator: Why did you tweet this out?
      Witness: there's a problem because the public perceives that justices are for sale

LOL. I mean, why would the public perceive that if they aren't? LOL. LMMFAO. The Chutzpah. man.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Mike:

I don't know how to break this to you, but Sotomayor and Jackson (and Kagan) vote the right way so there's really nothing to see here. Now, if that was Justice Gorsuch or Kav or Uncle Tom, well, yes, there'd be something to see.

Those are the tactices DSL supports. God bless him.

Comment

• Senator John Kennedy is a national treasure.

Comment

• Clarence Thomas is close personal friends with a wealthy person. Surely, he must be removed from the court.

On April 7, a day after the first news article appeared, Thomas justified his failure to report the trips:

“Early in my tenure at the Court, I sought guidance from my colleagues and others in the judiciary, and was advised that this sort of personal hospitality from close personal friends, who did not have business before the Court, was not reportable. I have endeavored to follow that counsel throughout my tenure, and have always sought to comply with the disclosure guidelines. These guidelines are now being changed, as the committee of the Judicial Conference responsible for financial disclosure for the entire federal judiciary just this past month announced new guidance. And, it is, of course, my intent to follow this guidance in the future.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              Clarence Thomas is close personal friends with a wealthy person. Surely, he must be removed from the court.

On April 7, a day after the first news article appeared, Thomas justified his failure to report the trips:

“Early in my tenure at the Court, I sought guidance from my colleagues and others in the judiciary, and was advised that this sort of personal hospitality from close personal friends, who did not have business before the Court, was not reportable. I have endeavored to follow that counsel throughout my tenure, and have always sought to comply with the disclosure guidelines. These guidelines are now being changed, as the committee of the Judicial Conference responsible for financial disclosure for the entire federal judiciary just this past month announced new guidance. And, it is, of course, my intent to follow this guidance in the future.”
              Wow. Impeach him!!!! He's a Trumper!!!
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Ummm, yeah, but he's an Uncle Tom!

Comment

• THREAT TO DEMOCRACY!!!!11

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Governor Abbot is gonna need a ginormous fleet of Greyhounds to get those folks to sanctuary cities. Godspeed, Gov.
                    What a great time to be a bus driver in Texas. I wish I was 20 years younger. I'd grab one of those jobs. The overtime would be massive.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Re: the guy who subdued/killed the violent/insane homeless guy on the subway.

I wish he had gone with a kimura or americana (etc) instead of a rear naked choke. I don’t know how much training he’s had, maybe just USMC hand-to-hand. If so, the locks and holds they teach us in BJJ might be beyond his ken. I knew when I saw the video that he would be charged. Not because of what he did, but where. The right to self defense is not really supported in NYC - unless you are a shoplifter fighting a store manager attempting to stop you from stealing, or a criminal fighting off a cop trying to arrest you.

And also, I hate that we have to film everything that happens now. People see a small vignette of something and go straight to premature closure and are convinced they know what happened - even though what led up to it wasn’t filmed.
                      Last edited by AlabamAlum; May 12, 2023, 08:50 AM.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• There were five 911 calls placed prior to the scuffle alerting the police to the deranged man on the subway. Hopefully, those will shed more light on the threat he posed. I mean, 5 calls to 911 sounds like people were very, very concerned about this guy. The fact that he has beaten elderly people in the past probably won't be allowed at trial because the Marine would not "likely" have known about those incidents (although it is entirely possible since the perp was fairly well-known by subway riders). All that matters is what happened immediately prior to the confrontation.

Comment

• Hopefully, he will get a good jury. I’m not holding out hope, though.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Many on the jury will probably (hopefully) be subway riders and familiar with the goons who have stepped up their mayhem in recent years.

Comment

• Justice for criminals seems to be the Prog way.
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                Many on the jury will probably (hopefully) be subway riders and familiar with the goons who have stepped up their mayhem in recent years.
                                Regardless, unless he goes the Public Defender route (and I believe has private attorneys), it will cost him a fortune even if found not guilty.

Comment

Working...
                                X