No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There are a number of award winning micro breweries with attached pubs in Bham. Good People brewing probably has the biggest reach.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Yellow jacket stubbies and PBR. Those are my supplemental "American lagers" to accompany micros.

There's an excellent sours brewery in Columbus that I recommend. Tap room hours are spotty, but it's free ski ball and air hockey to go along with some very good and varied sours. Good summer drinking.

Pretentious? I mean, obviously you are, but is the sour brewery Pretentious? Heh

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Yeah. Negra is my go-to at Mexican places. I’ve never been a Dos XX or Corona guy. Haven’t had one in years. Will always opt for a Pacifico or a Victoria if Negra isn’t available.
        Corona's the Bud Light f Mexican beer. Only as a last resort.

Comment

• Pretentious, yes.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

Wow. Never heard anyone say that before I assume you drink other light American lagers. Did you get sick drinking it or something?
            No, I just don't like it. My macro light beer go-to is Labatt Blue. I don't drink much beer anymore so if I do, it's usually something better like Bell's or Fat Tire.

Comment

• And my final comment on the Bud Light thing (probably):

The thing I dislike most: When I order a Miller Lite or a PBR with my wings, more than once, my barkeep or server assumed I was avoiding Bud Light as a member of the boycott.
              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post

Negro Modelo is a Vienna Lager, the same as Dos XX Amber. There are some solid Vienna Lagers that come from south of the border. I think the Nazis brought their beers to South America after WWII? Could just be a myth, though.
                Negra Modelo USED to be a great Vienna style lager. The German immigrants back in the late 1800s brought the recipe with them. The Nazis pretty much went WAY further south, so you're safe (according to the History Channel).

Unfortunately, Modelo started cheapening Negra about a dozen years ago - right after people caught on to the fact that it was a really good Vienna. It's not what it used to be, but enough Americans don't know the difference..

ironically, the Germans do the same thing. The Paulaners, Haacker Pschorrs, and Spatens that you buy here aren't the same as you'll find in Deutschland.

Comment

• All you MEGAMAGAMEGAMAGA's..."Cons"...R's...Trumpers...tak e your pick...you need to just STFU and bow down to Biden...and the Prog machine...stop biting the hand that takes from you...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Pretentious, yes.
                    I can't quite get into sours but theirs are the best in the area, yeah. It's too bad they didn't open in a better location though.

Comment

• Look...Bud Light is a meh beer...always has been...goes for Coors Light...Busch Light...et al the crappy domestics out there...but this wasn't about the quality of the beer...you poked at the sleeping bear who buys that stuff...we can discuss the politics of it...fine...but in the end it was just a monstrously horrific corporate decision by a John Elway lookalike...

Wait...Elway...Denver...Coors...this was all a spy/mole thing!!

Bravo Gavin Hattersley...well played...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well she DID increase beer sales. It was just for other brands.

Comment

• I can tell you this though...at the bar I used to own...I had 12 beers on tap...the number one in gallons sold was by far away Bud light...in fact probably more gallons than all the other beers combined in some months...it was the defacto "default beer" for many people...a generic...last time I talked to the new owners it was way down...and Coors Light had basically swapped places with Bud Light...I personally never drank any of my domestics...Dale's Pale Ale or Sam's (regular or Octoberfest was the best)...if I went to a brewhouse I normally drank a good IPA...but for a pizza, wing, burger bar the domestics rule...and A/B royally fucked that up...
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                            Well she DID increase beer sales. It was just for other brands.
                            Correct. Both Miller and Coors are showing increases. She just misunderstood when they said her job was to increase market share...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

Negra Modelo USED to be a great Vienna style lager. The German immigrants back in the late 1800s brought the recipe with them. The Nazis pretty much went WAY further south, so you're safe (according to the History Channel).

Unfortunately, Modelo started cheapening Negra about a dozen years ago - right after people caught on to the fact that it was a really good Vienna. It's not what it used to be, but enough Americans don't know the difference..

ironically, the Germans do the same thing. The Paulaners, Haacker Pschorrs, and Spatens that you buy here aren't the same as you'll find in Deutschland.
                              Hofbrauhaus here in Columbus imports half their stuff straight from the brewery in Munich. The other half they brew on-site. So I "think" i'm getting a more authentic beer but who knows for sure.

Don't know if you've ever been to one but the usually have just three regular beers (lager, heffy, dunkel) and then one or two monthly seasonals. The brewer here in Columbus tells me that Munich absolutely will NOT allow them to brew Oktoberfest or Festbier on their own. Those ones are always imported.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

No different than beers from Canada. I had lost a bet quite a few years ago when I said that the a Labatt's that we get in the US is the same as the beer you get in Canada. I called Labatt to verify. It is different.
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X