X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• 6-1 decision. Only dissenter was the most far right crackpot on the court.

Wisconsin Supreme Court won’t order hospital to use ivermectin for COVID-19 (kttc.com)

Comment

• Sundown is a jam

Comment

• edmund fitzgerald was too

maybe if desantis wins the nomination he can celebrate by going to disneyland

Comment

• crash:

If you could read my mind, love
            What a tale my thoughts could tell
            Just like an old time movie
            'Bout a ghost from a wishing well
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Anyone that could find a way to get Gitchi-Goomi into a song was a Boss
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• T'was the witch of November come stealin...

Only a lad from The Great White North could build lyrics like Gordon...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Valuetainment and PBD offer Tucker 100 million. What do you think?

Comment

• Good for him.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      Trump hangs his hat on national polls (often dubious ones) because poll after poll in critical states shows him doing worse versus Biden than DeSantis

I do want to see DeSantis but, to be fair, head-to-head polls like that this far out are total garbage. An unpopulari incumbent usually looks bad in those because the challenger hasn't had time for people to learn his negatives. That's not to say that Governor Ron can't beat Biden, but I would put zero stock in anything saying that he would outperform Trump now.

Picking a candidate in the primary involves looking past those polls and envisioning what the general campaign will be like, and that means having an instinct for what voters want that goes beyond polling.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; May 3, 2023, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

Along that theme, here are the top 4 priorities Republican voters have in choosing a candidate. It's no mystery that for the most part they've lost Independents for 3 straight cycles.

prefer-gop-candidate-who.png
                        The top one is genuinely important, and while Independent voters don't prioritize it, I don't think that they disagree with the Republicans' stance on the matters. The last one is retarded and the second to last one is wildly impractical.

It seems to me what Independents value right now is image and decorum. Something that is never on a "priorities" ballot. It explains the 2020 election perfectly.

Also --- I believe that a poll of Dems would show a similarly out-of-sync-with-independents set of priorities (e.g. Global Warming, LGBTQ rights, etc),
                        Last edited by Hannibal; May 3, 2023, 06:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

I do want to see DeSantis but, to be fair, head-to-head polls like that this far out are total garbage. An unpopulari incumbent usually looks bad in those because the challenger hasn't had time for people to learn his negatives. That's not to say that Governor Ron can't beat Biden, but I would put zero stock in anything saying that he would outperform Trump now.

Picking a candidate in the primary involves looking past those polls and envisioning what the general campaign will be like, and that means having an instinct for what voters want that goes beyond polling.
                          I don't disagree, but the polling data, thus far, is consistent with what we sort of "know" -- DJT has an entrenched and very difficult wall of support in the R primary, so he polls way ahead of DeSantis (these are, IMO, most garbage since DeSantis hasn't declared) -- it's still a very close call, but American's generally think The Chairman is less awful than DJT -- and, if it's a The Chairman against anyone "new" it's going to be a real problem for him.

Also --- I believe that a poll of Dems would show a similarly out-of-sync-with-independents set of priorities (e.g. Global Warming, LGBTQ rights, etc),
                          This is absolutely correct. And don't forget DEMOCRACY!!!!!! (and by that, I mean D-approved policy outcomes).

HOWEVER, I'd guess abortion polls relatively high for independents (certainly behind money and crime), so that's an area of weakness.

The issues on the margin are about creating a general feel that the other side is nutso. It's an aggregate approah (IMO). Unfortunately, DJT and Jan6 play into that. Fortunately, the Progs give the Rs plenty to work with, too -- certainly enough to offset the Rs liabilities IF the head of the party isn't a ginormous nutjob.
                          Last edited by iam416; May 3, 2023, 06:32 AM.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Speaking of nutjobs...

Awkward Ron Desantis GIF by GIPHY News
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• You spelled "American Hero" wrong.

Comment

• HOWEVER, I'd guess abortion polls relatively high for independents (certainly behind money and crime), so that's an area of weakness.
                                Yup, I agree. And one that could very easily be eliminated if they weren't the Party of Stupid.

Comment

Working...
                                X