No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most recent data I have seen says 93% of all abortions take place first trimester (before 13 weeks). Only 1% occur after week 20 and the overwhelming majority of those are for serious medical reasons and not frivolous "I'm tired of being pregnant, think I'll terminate at week 31" reasons.

Also in just the past 5 years or so the "abortion pill" under attack in this court case has for the first time surpassed actual surgery in sheer number of abortions. 53% of all abortions are performed taking the pill.

One last item that may surprise people is that 61% of women who get abortions already have other kids. The conservative stereotype of women who get abortions is the selfish career woman or the teen who had promiscuous sex. But the majority are actually already mothers.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-re...-in-the-u-s-2/
    Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; April 22, 2023, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Most recent data I have seen says 93% of all abortions take place first trimester (before 13 weeks). Only 1% occur after week 20 and the overwhelming majority of those are for serious medical reasons and not frivolous "I'm tired of being pregnant, think I'll terminate at week 31" reasons.

https://www.pewresearch.org/short-re...-in-the-u-s-2/

Absolutely. And the point that a 12-week limit on personal choice abortions would affect very few people is absolutely the case. It’s the correct policy for the necessary evil of abortion.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• At Perdido Beach Resort. There are worse ways to spend a week.
        Attached Files
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post

I don’t think there is any legitimate need to abort a second trimester fetus - outside of a lack of viability. In other words, as the second trimester begins, personal choice should end, and abortions should just be a matter of medical necessity.
          IMO, it will take another election cycle of having their heads handed to them to convince the Rs to adopt a 15-week line, which is what the SC upheld. In the meantime, the Green Fascism, the alignment of corporate and political power in the US, will go on unopposed.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            At Perdido Beach Resort. There are worse ways to spend a week.
            Is that Mrs. AA in the blue hat?
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post

Is that Mrs. AA in the blue hat?
              Of course. That’s obviously why I’m sitting so close to her as I take the pic.

Comment

• Ahh...gotcha...well my apologies...it's tough to recognize her with clothes on...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• You normally look at pics with your clothes off?

Comment

• Correct.

AA:

You got me stealin' your love away
                    'Cause you never give it
                    Peelin' the years away
                    And we can't relive it
                    Oh, I make you laugh
                    And you make me cry
                    I believe it's time for me to fly
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Wait, why are any of us still talking about abortion? I thought the USSC decided, with sufficient (if unethical) warning, that the individual states would settle it. This happened almost a year ago. So, what's the issue?

Comment

• It's the only issue Progs can make hay with...well...gun control as well...but Abortion is their ace in the hole...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• At least in Michigan, The Party is all about Abortion and special rights for homosexuals, lesbians, transsexuals, and gay married couples. Those issues take priority over everything else. One of Queen Gretch's biggest smiles was when she signed legislation that eliminated Michigan's 1931 anti-abortion law, which wasn't being enforced anyway. Smiles and giggles all around. Michigan is now one of the few states where any type of abortion is legal, at any time during the pregnancy. And this, I'm told, is a reason why Michigan should be 'celebrated'. Excuse me if I don't join in. Its also supposed to attract business and workers to our fair state, because everyone wants unrestricted abortions. I mean everybody. Its a huge selling point for the state. Who needs great lakes?

I guess I could deal with a 12-15 week limitation, although accepting it would be like scraping long fingernails on a chalkboard to me. This is where I part with some of my evangelical friends, who would likely dis-invite me to the next church potluck if they knew I felt this way. Most of my evangelical friends see life as sacred at conception, and has all legal rights as someone who is my age. I've felt that if an abortion is performed early, and I mean like zygote stage, I guess I could live with that. I still wouldn't like it, because abortions like that are performed mostly because the pregnancy is inconvenient, so the child is eliminated because its inconvenient. Abortions for victims of rape and incest are less than 5% of all abortions. Most are for the sake of convenience. And in Michigan, women can now wait until the day of delivery to abort a 'fetus'.

Sorry, but when I looked into the faces of my kids, and later my grandkids for the first time, I realized that I could never be a proponent of unfettered and unrestricted abortions. But, since I'm a man, I have no right to that belief. Her body, her choice, right?

But, I guess this is what the citizens of Michigan want. We are a one party state because the voters chose to make it so. Opposition, honorable or otherwise, move along.

"What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                            Wait, why are any of us still talking about abortion? I thought the USSC decided, with sufficient (if unethical) warning, that the individual states would settle it. This happened almost a year ago. So, what's the issue?
                            I think it’s because so many of the states went with a total ban or a near total ban that it’s used as a rallying cry for the Left. As with most negotiations, you know that a good compromise has been struck when both sides are unhappy.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                              It's the only issue Progs can make hay with...well...gun control as well...but Abortion is their ace in the hole...
                              The Progs can take advantage of the abortion issue because the anti-abortion cranks aren't a fantasy. The are very real and want abortion made illegal in all circumstances, no exceptions. One of them ran fer Guvnar of Michigan fer feck's sake ye stoopit cunt.

The true believers in the anti abortion crowd have never, NEVER genuinely believed in "leave it up to the states". That was a means to an end to kill Roe. Well Roe is dead and there's no more need to blather about states rights because they never meant it. Abortion is murder, it cannot be tolerated anywhere.

Comment

• There’s a wedding here. I’m crashing it. They have Macallan at the open bar. Lmao. I’m killing them.
                                Last edited by AlabamAlum; April 22, 2023, 07:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X