No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As a Libertarian I think the government should not dictate in this area...although I am personally opposed to abortion in general...the government needs to stay the fuck out of Americans lives period.
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

You can't tell those activists to pound sand if you are running for President.

DeSantis might also just be ideologically opposed to abortion and willing to sacrifice some political capital on the issue.
      Sure you can, especially if you just signed a 15 week ban. He's running for president he has to be able to persuade activists to keep their powder dry.

If you are running for president you have to be able to navigate this.

Comment

• DeSantis is looking to get to the right of Trump in as many ways as possible. I get why he signed the longer ban (which replaces the 15-week ban he just signed last year). Maybe he really does believe in it too.

It won't help him in the general but he's needs to be focused on the primary right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

The fact of the matter is that suburban women aren't as worried about tranny athletes as much as they are that their 12 year old could get raped, impregnated, and forced by law to give birth, all while pious busybodies implore them to thank the rapist and Jesus for granting their family a miracle. You can lecture all you want that they should be more scared of trannies than rape & forced birth but you're fighting a losing battle, son.
          That speaks as much to the power of media to shape people's priorities and use scare tactics as it does to the relative importance of those policies. I'm willing to bet that the number of tranny athletes in the country vastly outnumbers the number of 12 year old girls who got pregnant last year. And I'm willing the bet that the number of predatory trannies in that group also vastly outnumbers the number of 12 year olds who need an abortion after getting raped.

There are already plenty of examples of predatory trannies raping women and/or girls in places like prisons and bathrooms. If it's rape that suiburban women are worried about, then it's wildly irrational of them to be okay with their 12 year old girl sharing a locker room with a mentally ill man in a wig. There are plenty of reasons for soccer moms to not only oppose the tranny agenda, but to make it a priority instead of abortion. But once again, I don't have the power to do that. But I will say that I think that minds can be changed over time with solid rhetoric and devoted leadership.

And I have yet to mention of all of the confused young girls out there who will have their bodies ruined by "gender affirming care", which, at best, will make them infertile. Democrats want "gender affirming care" to be available for children without parental consent. Parental consent is a pretty big deal to soccer moms. The Rs need to make that case.

I do think that there should be exceptions in abortion bans for incest and rape, and I'm not arguing that a 12 year old should be forced to carry a pregnancy to completion. But in the end, those incidents make up a microscopic fraction of the abortions in America. Something like.1%. It's a fake justification.

FWIW, I think that time-oriented bans are a political football too. I'm willing to bet that the overwhelming majority of women who get abortions do it very quickly after they find out that they are pregnant, and the rest of them get them for medical reasons. I don't think that there are many women, if any, deciding to get a discretionary abortion at 7 and a half months. I don't work in that industry, so I don't know though.

And the real reason that most of them want abortion legal is because they, themselves, either had one previously or they want to be able to get one themselves in the future. Consequence-free orgasms. It's a shallow priority to be obsessed with. Not getting pregnant is one of the easiest things in the world to do.
          Last edited by Hannibal; April 20, 2023, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Sure you can, especially if you just signed a 15 week ban. He's running for president he has to be able to persuade activists to keep their powder dry.

If you are running for president you have to be able to navigate this.
            He can't veto an abortion bill. Full stop. The base does not want to hear about how compromise makes someone more electable. They are sick of being told that.

If he had the power to keep that bill then I agree it wasn't a smart move to not exercise that power.

Comment

• Getting to the right of Trump in hopes he'll turn Trumpers is a fool's errand. That's a way to court the NRO types, who are about 1 percent of the base. Trumpers care about Trump and no policy in great detail. In fact I would guess 25 percent of the MAGA base is pro choice and they are definitely pro entitlements.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

He can't veto an abortion bill. Full stop. The base does not want to hear about how compromise makes someone more electable. They are sick of being told that.

If he had the power to keep that bill then I agree it wasn't a smart move to not exercise that power.
                The "more electable in a general" is the only path to beat Trump.

Comment

• How many loons does it take to ruin a thread?
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    Getting to the right of Trump in hopes he'll turn Trumpers is a fool's errand. That's a way to court the NRO types, who are about 1 percent of the base. Trumpers care about Trump and no policy in great detail. In fact I would guess 25 percent of the MAGA base is pro choice and they are definitely pro entitlements.
                    That might be the case, but they make a lower priority of those issues than they do greater cultural issues.

The MAGA folks care deeply about policy. They have embraced Trump because they think that he's the only one that they can trust on policy. They feel this way because they have been betrayed over and over again. You have never understood the Trump phenomenon because you can't relate to what decades of betrayal will do to your priorities when it comes to choosing candidates. And you have made no effort to empathize and understand.

Originally posted by froot loops View Post

The "more electable in a general" is the only path to beat Trump.
                    Kasich tried to make that argument. It was his only argument. He won his home state and none others. Cruz tried to make that argument too.

Nobody has tried attacking Trump from the Right yet. Not seriously at least. If DeSantis takes that approach, we will be in uncharted territory.
                    Last edited by Hannibal; April 20, 2023, 12:28 PM.

Comment

• Unbelievable...yet par for the Loons...

As part of the Federal Housing Finance Agency’s push for affordable housing, homebuyers with good credit will soon have to pay higher mortgage rates and fees to subsidize people with riskier credit ratings, according to a report by The Washington Times.

A new federal rule enforced by the Biden administration will make it so that people looking to buy a home with a credit score of 680 or higher will have to pay about $40 per month more than people with worse credit when taking out a home loan of $400,000, the report said.

The new rule, which goes into effect on May 1, will affect mortgages from private banks across the nation. According to The Washington Times, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, federally-backed home mortgage companies, will establish the loan-level price adjustments (LLPAs). Middle-income households gained $122,000 in home value in decade
                      Mortgage industry professionals told The New York Post that the new rule was an “ugly surprise” for homebuyers who “worked for years to build their credit.”

One mortgage loan originator told The New York Post that it’s going to be a hard conversation to have, saying, “It’s going to be a challenge trying to explain to somebody that says, ‘I worked my whole life for high credit and I’ve put a lot of money down and you’re telling me that’s a negative now?’”

David Stevens, the Federal Housing Administration commissioner for the Obama administration, told The New York Post that the rule is unprecedented.
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                        Unbelievable...yet par for the Loons...

As part of the Federal Housing Finance Agency’s push for affordable housing, homebuyers with good credit will soon have to pay higher mortgage rates and fees to subsidize people with riskier credit ratings, according to a report by The Washington Times.

A new federal rule enforced by the Biden administration will make it so that people looking to buy a home with a credit score of 680 or higher will have to pay about $40 per month more than people with worse credit when taking out a home loan of $400,000, the report said.

The new rule, which goes into effect on May 1, will affect mortgages from private banks across the nation. According to The Washington Times, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, federally-backed home mortgage companies, will establish the loan-level price adjustments (LLPAs). Middle-income households gained $122,000 in home value in decade
                        Mortgage industry professionals told The New York Post that the new rule was an “ugly surprise” for homebuyers who “worked for years to build their credit.”

One mortgage loan originator told The New York Post that it’s going to be a hard conversation to have, saying, “It’s going to be a challenge trying to explain to somebody that says, ‘I worked my whole life for high credit and I’ve put a lot of money down and you’re telling me that’s a negative now?’”

David Stevens, the Federal Housing Administration commissioner for the Obama administration, told The New York Post that the rule is unprecedented.
                        Talent posted that 4 hours ago, you repulsive twatskimmer.

Comment

• Here's Ted Cruz making the electability argument in a victory speech. I can't get the timestamping to work -- skip to 4:48 (he references Hillary losing in the Republican primary).

Polls at the time were showing Cruz having an electability advantage. Trump's opponents referenced these polls occasionally but it didn't help them.
                          Last edited by Hannibal; April 20, 2023, 12:27 PM.

Comment

• Tell me your true feelings DSL...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• JFC. I've never even heard of the Federal Housing Finance Agency.

Comment

• So The Chairman spells "Eight" as "Eigh" but not a word from the loon media...unlike when Dan Quayle misspelled Potato.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X