Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I read yesterday that the entire voting machine industry has an annual revenue of only about $300M. That's how badly Rupert didn't want to testify.
    And I'm guessing that that revenue did not suffer as a result of accusations about voting machines. There were little to no real "damages". If Dominion lost a quarter of its revenue, that would amount to about $6 Million, which is less than a hundredth of what they got.

I think it's more likely that Fox News settled because they didn't want the fate of the lawsuit in the hands of a Left Wing jury in a far Left district. Fox News had absolutely zero chance that 12 Democrats (who all hate Fox News with a passion) would vote in their favor. Fox essentially saved themselves hundreds of millions of dollars by settling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Like how CNN and MSNBC reported that Russiagate was complete bullshit? Oh wait, they didn't.

Like how when Kyle Rittenhouse was slandered as a "White Supremacist", that was instantly countered? Oh wait, that never happened.

Like how every media outlet in the country contradicted the dishonest claims about the Hunter Biden laptop being a Russian election interference conspiracy? Oh wait, that never happened either. LIterally the entire media co-signed that obviously false accusation.

"Standards for me but not for thee"
      I'm not sure if you are aware but there was a whole investigation of the Russian influence. It was done by Republicans James Comey, Rod Rosenstein and Robert Mueller. It would have been a dereliction of duty not to report about their influence and the ongoing investigation.

Trump lost and he should have conceded within a week. The election wasn't stolen and everybody at Fox News that mattered knew it, but they let their coverage defame a company so they could keep viewers.

Comment

• It's impossible to overstate the amount of lies and smears that the mainstream media has gotten away with over the years. And they have come as actual news reporting, ( in other words, not always on openly editorial shows). With absolutely zero consequences, other than Nick Sandmann's lawsuit against CNN. And not only have these numerous media outlets reported falsehoods, in some cases, they have actually created the falsehood themselves (e.g. George Zimmerman's doctored 911 call).

The Right needs to embrace the lawsuit as a method of destroying enemies. This is a stark difference from where their attitudes (including mine) have been in the past, but it's highly necessary now.

Comment

Sadly there's not one conservative lawyer in this country with any balls. NOT ONE. Hannibal is pointing out all these easily, EASILY winnable defamation cases and they aren't listening because THEY ARE COWARDS.

Was Lionel Hutz your classmate in law school, Hanni?
          I never knew what Dominion was, I certainly didn't seem the on the Team Left roster.

Fox should have went to trial and if they lost they could count on Trump judges to take a hatchet job to the settlement. They should have fought!
          Last edited by froot loops; April 19, 2023, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Criminals.images (10).jpg
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• BTW, Fox won their suit when Karen McDougal sued them and Tucker Carlson for defamation just a few years ago. That case took place in New York City. That was the case where Fox successfully argued that no rational person watches Tucker Carlson and expects to be told actual facts.

That gives you an idea of how bad the behind-the-scenes facts were for Fox in this Dominion case. The guests were liars and charlatans, and every Fox host, producer, and executive knew it.

Comment

It's impossible to overstate the amount of lies and smears that the mainstream media has gotten away with over the years. And they have come as actual news reporting, ( in other words, not always on openly editorial shows). With absolutely zero consequences, other than Nick Sandmann's lawsuit against CNN. And not only have these numerous media outlets reported falsehoods, in some cases, they have actually created the falsehood themselves (e.g. George Zimmerman's doctored 911 call).

The Right needs to embrace the lawsuit as a method of destroying enemies. This is a stark difference from where their attitudes (including mine) have been in the past, but it's highly necessary now.
                George Zimmerman did use the courts and his lawsuits were tossed into the trash bin. His lawyers didn't fight hard enough like the lawyers on the left!

Comment

Sadly there's not one conservative lawyer in this country with any balls.
                  It takes a lot more than one lawyer. It takes a lot of people embracing activism, something that the Right has avoided like the plague on everything but abortion for as long as I have been alive.

Comment

• Today's Dem Party...Progs, Trannies and Criminala.

The trifecta.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

BTW, Fox won their suit when Karen McDougal sued them and Tucker Carlson for defamation just a few years ago. That case took place in New York City. That was the case where Fox successfully argued that no rational person watches Tucker Carlson and expects to be told actual facts.

That gives you an idea of how bad the behind-the-scenes facts were for Fox in this Dominion case. The guests were liars and charlatans, and every Fox host, producer, and executive knew it.
                      Yep, if you think of Fox News as professional wrestling it is instructive. Everything the nighttime hosts say is kayfabe. Like Tucker Carlson rails against the elites and lefties, yet chooses to live with them. Behind the scenes nobody believes what they say on TV. A full blown trial would have exposed the business. It would be like if you saw a heel and a face driving together to the next town on the wrestling circuit.

Comment

It takes a lot more than one lawyer. It takes a lot of people embracing activism, something that the Right has avoided like the plague on everything but abortion for as long as I have been alive.
                        You do own the suoreme court, at least one justice has been taking bribes from Harlan Scott for over 20 years. Pretty active!

Comment

• Three Supreme Court opinions, none terribly significant.

1) Unanimous bankruptcy law decision that only a bankruptcy lawyer could love.

2) 6-3 decision with Roberts, Kav, and Barrett siding with the liberals in a case involving a death row inmate trying to get a belt tested for DNA.

3) Mostly unanimous decision involving a Turkish bank that's been charged with money laundering for Iran. The Court mostly rejected Turkey's claims that this state-run bank enjoys total immunity.

Comment

• froot...your breakfast is served buddy...FB_IMG_1681915577650.jpg
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• That made me laugh.

Comment

• Screenshot 2023-04-19 11.54.32 AM.png
                                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Working...
                                X