Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uh...no-no!

Comment

• Dad, I can't petition for the dish until I actually own the place. That will be soon, but not soon enough to get this off of my plate and move on to the actual move!

I went ahead and bit the bullet and signed up for Comcast, the whole house is already wired for it due to the previous owner. Wired with Cat 5 cable, too. Plus, I have 30 days to cancel, which I will if it's not going well.

The problem with DirecTV (other than the fact I love their service and picture quality), is that they don't bundle anything. At least not in my area. I've been paying for Comcast internet for Alison's teaching and then the DirecTV on top of that. By making a switch to a bundled package, I'm going to save $65/month the first year and then $45/month the second year. That's $1320 in two years. Hard to ignore that.

Comment

• Reasonable .....

I do like the way Comcast bundles phone, internet and cable TV but that's about all they have going for them. You might get lucky and get an installer with an IQ > 75. That would be a bonus.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Fires in Central Nebraska...
          Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Regarding Maple Street Press.... I ordered a UM Football Preview from them last year but their URL does not seem to be working or I cannot determine if they are doing one for this year. Has anyone ordered anything from them along those lines recently? I know mgoblog has a similar publication available but you have to create an account etc. and I hate doing that type of thing when making purchases.

Comment

• Maple Street Press did mgoblog's (Brian's) preseason mag up until this year. I recall there was a piece where he explained they were a great company but went under.

I think if you want an M focused pre-season Mag the two alternatives are from Rivals and mgoblog. I'd go with mgoblog because I think their features and coverage are far superior to anything Rivals is doing these days.
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Brian's mag this year is by another publisher; titled Hail To The Victors... I have The Wolverine (Rivals) which is okay but not worth the price but I'm still a rivals member and got it at discount. Brian's preview always gives more 'new' info or at least a new perspective from an outsiders view while the fluff you usually find inside The Wolverine preview is mostly stuff I already know.

Comment

• thanks

Comment

• Song is pretty "meh", but this is a pretty amusing video from a while back. Try to see how many celebrity impersonators you can make out

[youtube]xR5xGHPUEew[/youtube]

Comment

• WTH the ncaa has corrupted one country, lets go start on another.

NCAA opens door for Canadian member

Simon Fraser University's days of being banned from NCAA championships may be coming to an end.

The NCAA is on the verge of going international. By supporting a change in constitutional language, the NCAA's Executive Committee paved the way for SFU, located in Burnaby, B.C., to become the first member from outside the U.S. to join the American college sports governing body.
                        "I'm absolutely ecstatic to be the first Canadian school to join the NCAA and to give our student-athletes the opportunity to compete against the best programs in the United States and Canada," said Milton Richards, Simon Fraser's senior director of athletics and recreation.

Last edited by geo weidl; August 2, 2012, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• I think it would be awesome if there were a couple of Big Ten teams in Ontario. Get the old Toronto/SE Michigan rivalry going in football.
                          Last edited by Hannibal; August 3, 2012, 07:26 AM.

Comment

• Actually Simon Fraser University has been a member of The Great Northwest Athletic Conference (GNAC) since 2001 competing in all NCAA Division II sports except football obviously and if I am not mistaken, the only Canadian member.

For at least the last 30 years, the NCAA (Alaska, Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Dakotas, Minnesota) have played their Western Canadian counterparts, Canada West Universities Athletic Association (CWUAA) in countless exhibitions as well as Invitational Tournaments for as long as I can remember.
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• new crime in italy..

Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• I've actually worked several games in their stadium. They had a semi-pro team called the London Silverbacks that played their home games there.

A Canadian team that played by NFL rules.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X