No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again -- these laws didn't just randomly fall from the fucking sky.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I'm sure our liberal looney bin friends will show up soon to defend their militant tranny peeps...like the one who killed six people in a Tennessee school...and the insurrectionists at the Tennessee capitol...and those who attacked NCAA swimmer Riley Gaines...

Mostly peaceful.
      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I'd be opposed to all of those positions AA lists. I'd join AA in being fine with "the (trans) issue in a silo." I'll continue to argue that this is first, a "1% issue," and add that among the 1% that self-identify as trans - and I'm spit-balling here - less than 5% of that cohort would get behind aggressively pushing those "trans" issues we're talking about here through mass demonstrations or violence. IOW, the political activism of this cohort is likely on the margins but is incorrectly framed as much larger than it is.

I think the problem here is that trans issues are having a greatly out-sized impact on the current political discourse. A second and related issue is that media - all forms of it - megaphone trans issues to the exclusion of discourse on more pressing issues, e.g. crime, public safety, government spending and the growth of the administrative state. If we had such facts at our finger tips, we'd likely be surprised at the number of trans people who would agree with AA's views.

Finally, prog politicians or progs seeking public office tend to jump on hot button issues like abortion rights, LGBTQ issues making these issues seem mainstream when, in fact, they are at the margins of issues that would probably be identified by the electorate as important in a poll, both sides, or should be. TBC, I get why parents of elementary school aged kids would strongly oppose efforts to include gender and sexual preference issues into their kid's elementary school curricula.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Ukraine:

The disclosure on social media of top secret documents that contain a shit-load of allegedly critical national security information is getting the majority of media coverage on the war. In short, there are too many clues that this whole episode is a classic disinformation op. It is not clear what it's origin is. Russia, Ukraine and the US are all potential perps.

The general consensus among informed military analysts is that Bakhmut will shortly be announced as a phyrrhic victory by the Russian propaganda machine. The reality is that Russian forces have culminated. They'll be unable to sustain further offensive operations in a westward direction and beyond the western most FEBA. They may have trouble holding Bakhmut should the Ukrainians mount a counter offensive through that area of the FEBA.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Jeff,

I think they are absolutely a very vocal tiny minority. The issue is that that tiny sliver of people are successfully pushing agendas, fomenting public policy change, and serving as the impetus for laws to be rewritten to bolster the crazy shit I listed. Reasonable people speaking up about it and saying, “wait just a fucking minute,” is needed. To squelch those dissenting views, the hardliners in that minority are attempting to make opposition into a hate crime.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• My grandson is 4 now, and will be 5 in September. His parents are going to hold him out of kindergarden and start him when he's 6. He's going to go to pre-k for another year. I'm almost thankful they are doing that so that he gets one more year of being a young child, before the public schools get their hands on him. I'd gladly pay his tuition to send him to a private school here in town, but his parents, (my M-educated son) wants him in public school. And, I'm sure my grandaughter will have to follow his footsteps. I fear what the schools are going to toss at them at a very, VERY young age. Can't they just be little for a bit longer?
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• liney...my stepson and grandson are in private schools thank God...but two of my granddaughters are in public and their mom is a little left leaning unfortunately...not prog but definitely left of conservative...I have offered to help pay for private school and even take them as I now live in Lincoln where they all reside...but she wants to keep them in public because the school is walking distance from their house. I went to their school for a first grade music presentation...and the things I saw they are promoting is chilling...my 3rd and first grade granddaughters both go there...the difference from the schools my kids went to (catholic in western Nebraska) versus this is truly chilling. Lincoln tends to be more liberal than the rest of the state (sans certain parts of Omaha)...but wow...I have received an eye opener here...I can't imagine what schools in CA, NY et al are like. Good Lord.
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Oh yeah....and get the fuck off my lawn...
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                    I'd be opposed to all of those positions AA lists. I'd join AA in being fine with "the (trans) issue in a silo." I'll continue to argue that this is first, a "1% issue," and add that among the 1% that self-identify as trans - and I'm spit-balling here - less than 5% of that cohort would get behind aggressively pushing those "trans" issues we're talking about here through mass demonstrations or violence. IOW, the political activism of this cohort is likely on the margins but is incorrectly framed as much larger than it is.
                    I believe it's more around 0.5% of Americans that identify as trans or non-binary. The reason they have such a massive megaphone is their "allies" which is basically just the far Left progressive kooks and their media ilk. There's a reason they keep adding letters to their alphabet soup - they want to bring as many people into their camp as possible. LGBT didn't include enough people so they added shit that I honestly don't even know the meaning of. Black people were turned into BIPOC because black wasn't enough. Black and brown weren't enough. The Rainbow Jihad has essentially lumped all non-white people and all non-straight people together into one bloc and expects them to all think and act alike. This is what they celebrate as "diversity" and the jihadis abhor dissent.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_WIZARD_ View Post
                      liney...my stepson and grandson are in private schools thank God...but two of my granddaughters are in public and their mom is a little left leaning unfortunately...not prog but definitely left of conservative...I have offered to help pay for private school and even take them as I now live in Lincoln where they all reside...but she wants to keep them in public because the school is walking distance from their house. I went to their school for a first grade music presentation...and the things I saw they are promoting is chilling...my 3rd and first grade granddaughters both go there...the difference from the schools my kids went to (catholic in western Nebraska) versus this is truly chilling. Lincoln tends to be more liberal than the rest of the state (sans certain parts of Omaha)...but wow...I have received an eye opener here...I can't imagine what schools in CA, NY et al are like. Good Lord.
                      Whenever I'm at my kids' school I'm always casually observing what messages are displayed on the walls in the classroom or poking around at books in the library. I would have never thought of checking up on that type of stuff a couple years ago. Everything looks on the up and up at our school and we live in a fairly conservative district which doesn't hurt but I'm not of mind that "It could never happen here".

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

Whenever I'm at my kids' school I'm always casually observing what messages are displayed on the walls in the classroom or poking around at books in the library. I would have never thought of checking up on that type of stuff a couple years ago. Everything looks on the up and up at our school and we live in a fairly conservative district which doesn't hurt but I'm not of mind that "It could never happen here".
                        It can...happen anywhere...all it takes is some prog school leaders and a silent school board to ram this shit through. Parents need to stay up on this...but of course if you stand up to it...Christopher Wray will send his thugs your way...
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                          The Rainbow Jihad has essentially lumped all non-white people and all non-straight people together into one bloc and expects them to all think and act alike. This is what they celebrate as "diversity" and the jihadis abhor dissent.
                          Yep- no small portion of the Rainbow Jihad is straight lily whites. Guilt, shame and a misguided sense of purpose must be huge driving factors.

Comment

• I love the Prog platform when it comes to this crap..."Why do you care? It doesn't affect you!"

Well...why do THEY care about prayer in public school...why do they care that a football coach says a prayer to his public high school team...why do they care when Tim Tebow takes a knee in the end zone...why do they care that Alabama passes abortion restrictions...why do they care that there are Civil War statues...why do they care when a redneck flies a confederate flag...why do they care when someone takes a stand about men competing against women...why do they care that a school is named after Abraham Lincoln...

See it doesn't work both ways. They try to claim that the right only cares about their issues because we are racist, uneducated, unenlightened and bigoted...but when they oppose our causes it's because they are racist, uneducated, unenlightened and bigoted causes.

See how that works?
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• FB_IMG_1681148901470.jpg
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well, having actually run an inner-city charter school for 12 years, I have some suggestions.

1. Cameras in every classroom, so we can see what the teachers are actually saying or doing.
                                2. Eliminate tenure.

These two things, together with teachers' unwillingness to take chances in a non-tenured position would be of tremendous benefit.. Teachers are usually bottom 1/3 of their graduating class and make way more teaching than they could at any other part-time job. The cushy job means a lot to them

CRT seldom appears as part of any textbook syllabus. One I saw had a problem of a white person having to drive 50 miles to take an SAT test. A black kid lived on the way but was 20 miles closer to the testing center. The teacher was encouraged (by the teaching manual) to ask what about the poor black student whose family did not have a reliable car. Should the white person be required to ride-share

I believe having a camera in the classroom would stop some woke indoctrination by teachers if they knew they could get fired for going off-script. Cameras in schools would also be a benefit to kids who were sick at home, or to parents who want to see what is being taught to their children. If we require cameras on policemen who are on active chases or shootouts, why can't we have stationary cameras to protect us from rogue teachers?

Comment

Working...
                                X