Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Do you think 10, 20 years ago, Tucker envisioned himself explaining on air, to defend Dear Leader, that paying hush money to keep your sex affairs secret is something all ordinary, God-fearing Americans do? His eyes look kinda dead in this clip

Well, from 2000-2005 He worked for CNN and from 2005-2008 he hosted "Tucker" on MSNBC. He also did a short stint at NPR.

Progs absolutely hate it when one of their chosen sons sees the light and becomes moderate.

Comment

• I get the feeling that if Trump doesn't get indicted by Bragg, he's going to be pissed.

Comment

• Following the first 48h of Xi's visit to Moscow, Putin and Xi are falling all over themselves to praise each other. It's theater and not very good theater at that. A dictatorial war criminal and a communist world leader that fucked up China's response to the COVID pandemic worse than anyone - and that's saying a lot - patting each other on the back is a very bad Kabuki show.

Analysts are pouring over what Xi is saying about his peace plan following his visit with Putin. They are also trying to assess whether China will supply "lethal aid" for Russia to prosecute it's illegal war in Ukraine. A lot of word parsing which gets hard when it comes to the Russian and Chinese languages - what both respectively spoke to the press in. My take is that China is not going to provide tanks, ammunition, missiles and the like. At least not directly. But you can believe that they will provide the parts and components for such aid for assembly in Russia. Reportedly they have provided $12m worth of direct shipments of drones. Maybe some small arms but per reports from the press covering these things that's it.

China coalesces it's support for Russia around Putin's annexation (mind you with neither administrative or military control) of the 4 Ukrainian Oblasts and Crimea as a result of NATO expansion, western provocation and legitimate military and economic security concerns. That argument can be made but the basis of it is fabricated. The stronger argument, it appears to me, is that Russia invaded a neighboring country grabbing chunks of it outright (Crimea) or supporting proxy military forces (DNR and LNR) propping up illegitimate Oblast level administrations that are puppets responsive to the Kremlin. That land grabbing has been going on for 8 years.

The problem is that resolution of the claims of both sides, given where both Putin and Zelenski stand, is without a body to negotiate one as, for example, in a world of laws, like there actually is now, there would be arbitration. Along with that an outcome would be enforceable under the law. Neither Xi or Putin would participate in anything like that. That is because the current world order of laws is one that both Putin and Xi share a common belief that it should be discarded. Add to that the reality that the UN, established to act in that role through the Security Council, hasn't been very effective in doing so. Two bad guys sit on it and will veto anything that is inconsistent with their global priorities.

Thus we're at an impasse that, IMO, is only going to be resolved militarily. The first step is to force Putin to abandon his current demands - that Ukraine recognize what Putin calls the "new territorial realities." That occurs by continuing to attrite Putin's combat power until he is no longer able to take more territory and force Kiev to give in or defend what he has already claimed as part of Russia. China will play a roll. The level of aid, in whatever from it is delivered to Russia, has the potential of keeping Russia's military afloat. It's frightening to think this could become a more expansive conflagration involving NATO's direct involvement in securing Ukraine's legitimate boarders. That's a distinct possibility.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• ...... I should add there is general thread through all the somewhat obtuse statements coming from XI and Putin that there should be a halt to actions that "increase tensions." That points to the west arming Ukraine. You have to dig deep and expose the Russian fabrications that created the circumstances for this kind of talk. Putin and his mouth pieces have made the point that "Russia didn't start the conflict in Ukraine. The west did with it's provocations. Russia responded in self defense (and to protect the Russian diaspora in eastern Ukraine from genocide at the hands of Nazi's in Kiev."

This is a load of crap but the Putin propaganda machine has made it entirely believable. Also, Putin stated this evening in Moscow that the UK is sending "nuclear weapons to Ukraine." These are in the form of uranium depleted armor piercing shells." Putin said, "we will have to consider a like response (with nuclear weapons). The UK MOD responded that depleted uranium ammunition has been around for a decades and is not a nuclear weapon. More nuclear posturing by Putin. It does get a rise.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• DSL they got trump this time

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=11d18...c5NThDQQ&ntb=1

or maybe not

Comment

• THEY'VE GOT HIM NOW!!!
              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Far as tucker goes he's about the only one I watch--granted its after the fact- who can sit through 30 minutes of commercials to watch 30 minutes of show.

But most stories he gets the facts out and calls out the Bs. Whether it be 1/6, the banking crisis, ukraine, Covid, DEI issues ESG issues etc etc etc all major stories and all told from his standpoint continue to be different then what the administration would tell you. I know who I want to hear

Comment

stfu your a joke AA

Kari Lake lawsuit movig along. supream court gonna take the case Hobbes is dun for.

Conputer acting up I got too reboot the machine hold on
                  wel playd

Comment

Special master rules that the vast majority of the documents taken in the raids on Project Veritas and James O'Keefe are not protected by any privilege and can be reviewed by law enforcement. The govt has shown probable cause to believe crimes have been committed (beyond the two diary thieves who already took plea deals and will likely testify against Veritas, O'Keefe, or others).

Microsoft Word - DM-#8264864-v6-Report-Recommendation.docx (courtlistener.com)
                    So Ashley Biden's diary has been fully authenticated. Fascinating. Let's talk about the contents, shall we?

DSL -- why do you think that Ashley Biden wrote about being sexualized at a young age, taking inappropriate showers with her dad (aka "The Big Guy"), and being molested?

FDdcqHsWYAAjUgp.jpg

Comment

• I wonder if anyone would go to prison for publishing Ivanka Trump's stolen diary. Fascinating that James O'Keefe is the only investigative journalist to be prosecuted for this type of crime (the Pentagon Papers were totally on the up-and-up amirite?) I swear, it's almost as if we have a two tier justice system in the United States that only punishes Republicans while protecting Democrats.

Comment

• Does anyone even know the alleged crime that Trump committed by paying off Stormy? I think they're calling it an illegal campaign contribution or something? Heavy duty stuff. I'm sure all pols will be held to the same standard in the future.

Comment

• Today's edition of Prog Logic and the certain equality of outcomes for Robin DiAngelo and the Dilbert guy.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/...-white-people/

Robin DiAngelo Advises People of Color to ‘Get Away from White People’

“People of color need to get away from White people and have some community with each other,” DiAngelo chuckled during a webinar entitled, “Racial Justice: The Next Frontier,” hosted on March 1.

Later on in the panel discussion, DiAngelo went on to suggest that people who do not concede to antiracist teachings do not belong in modern workforces.

“In 2023, we have to see the ability to engage in these conversations with some nuance and some skill as a basic qualification and if you can’t do that, you’re just simply not qualified in today’s workplace,” DiAngelo said as the panel of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) consultants nodded in agreement.

“What I want to do is create a culture that actually spits out those who are resistant,” DiAngelo added.

I bet she's a blast at parties.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Well, from 2000-2005 He worked for CNN and from 2005-2008 he hosted "Tucker" on MSNBC. He also did a short stint at NPR.

Progs absolutely hate it when one of their chosen sons sees the light and becomes moderate.
                            Just remember that Tuck is on record that he hates Trump passionately and that Trump didn't accomplish anything in his 4 years.

Comment

• He's right with the exception of appointing Supremes.

Comment

• What I want to do is create a culture that actually spits out those who are resistant,” DiAngelo added.
                                So she favors the re-establishment of racial segregation.

That'd go over well in S. Carolina and Mississippi.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X