No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMMFAO. That is fucking fantastic, DSL.

DJT is going to have to put in some work on Truth Social today to beat that.

Can't wait for THE REMATCH!!!!
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It's an amazing whopper. Only a "big tough guy with tears in his eyes" story can hope to match it.

Comment

• The details really make it fantastic. As Mike noted, "well-dressed" is spectacular. But his dad telling "It's simple, they love one another" and then The Chairman, as if sensing people might not actually believe this entirely -- emphasizing "I'm not joking" -- I mean. JFC.

Comment

• Biden's "I'm not joking" is right up there with Col. Jessup's "I'm here to help in any way that I can".

Comment

• You believe me, Mike. You believe me when I say I'm not joking?.
            Last edited by iam416; March 14, 2023, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• Yessir.

Comment

• You know, in about a year we're going to be neck deep in the worst election in the history of elections. The Chairman talking about how he made the decision to invade Normandy and DJT claiming that Ronald Reagan and his supporters are basically indistinguishable from AOC and her supporters. And, of course, railing in bark at the moon madness against someone who did something that DJT doesn't like.

The only mystery is whether DJT will manage to pick a VP even more dislikeable and terrible than Kamala. I'm fairly sure he can rise to the occasion.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

The only mystery is whether DJT will manage to pick a VP even more dislikeable and terrible than Kamala. I'm fairly sure he can rise to the occasion.
                  It will be Kari Lake or MTG. So a dead heat with Kamala.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

It will be Kari Lake or MTG. So a dead heat with Kamala.
                      435d2ce3d04955265525b99232f80950.webp
                      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

Yeah, it’s pretty disgusting that these guys aren’t accountable.
                        And let's not forget Barney Frank. After retiring from office he got a seat on the Board of Signature Bank, the other bank that was closed over the weekend. Barney never ran a business, and his bank failed because of exposure to crypto, but he will face no consequences.

Comment

My economics is bad, but catering to one specific type of customer isn't risk diversification. It's a deliberate choice with known risks, both by the bank and depositers, that turns out to be no risk at all because all of us who pay taxes will cover that risk -- that vast, vast majority of whom don't have $250K+ deposits any fucking where.
                          The WSJ today had an article about how to be sure your money is all insured. The first way is to place it in a bank that is too big to fail.

The second is actually interesting. Certificate of Deposit Account Registry Service (Cdars) is a way where a lead bank places deposits over 250K in a rotation of several hundred banks in order that no one bank has more than 250K of anyone's money. Something you can do now that you could not do before computers.

Comment

• Right. There are plenty of courses of action one can take to insure deposits fully. Putting it all in one bank is not one of them. But, hey, no harm, no foul!

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

And let's not forget Barney Frank. After retiring from office he got a seat on the Board of Signature Bank, the other bank that was closed over the weekend. Barney never ran a business, and his bank failed because of exposure to crypto, but he will face no consequences.
                              And lobbied against his own law when he retired.
                              2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post

And lobbied against his own law when he retired.
                                Well, he lobbied that the original onerous paperwork requirements apply to banks with 250B in assets, instead of a much lower threshold in the original bill.

Comment

Working...
                                X