No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They better not get a government bailout.

Comment

• SVB dragging down the markets a bit. Otherwise the jobs report was actually pretty positive. The number of jobs created beat expectations for the 11th month in a row. Avg salary barely increased. Labor force participation overall went up again. Labor force participation among 25-54 year olds is now the same as early 2020. The size of the total labor force is back to pre-pandemic numbers.

Unemployment went up slightly but not because of layoffs, because more people are actively looking for jobs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        They better not get a government bailout.
        Probably not a bailout but the govt is likely involved in trying to get another bank to buy them as we speak. Has to happen fast

Comment

• Welp CNBC reporter just said from what he's hearing money is fleeing the bank so fast that it's making a sale increasingly unlikely. Heading towards bank failure.

LOL Jim Cramer begging people on tv to not take their deposits out. That's where we are.

Comment

• I am sad to read that Mike has conceded the 2016 game to ohio state.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well, I was there and if we had made any of probably 10 defining plays, Michigan wins. But they didn't make any of them so I don't really care about the spot.

Comment

• ::::walks away sadly .. ::: hearing "The Long And Winding Road" playing in my head... :::
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Cheer up, big guy. We get to beat them in hockey tomorrow night, too.

http://howmanydayssinceosuhasbeatenm...xt=1195%20days.

Comment

• Will both of you please STFU...
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I would love to.

Comment

• Thanks.
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The hope is that this will be mainly restricted to SVB and maybe one or two other banks heavily tied to Tech and venture capital.

Biggest bank collapse since 2008. Very big deal.

Silicon Valley Bank is shut down by regulators, FDIC to protect insured deposits (cnbc.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post

I start with the assumption that all the claims are false until proven otherwise...
                            That makes some sense, but at some point, you've got to rely on the observations of others to come to an accepted conclusion. Unless you were there yourself or there's video of it.

When it comes to the 2020 shenanigans, one of the big swing factors has been the reluctance of the Republican Party to co-sign Donald's accusations of election fraud. The logic being that if there were fraud, surely the Republicans would join in on those accusations and throw their weight behind them. But if you were to apply that same logic to Officer Sicknick, then you'd currently be blaming Trump supporters for beating him to death with a fire extinguisher. How do you know that Brad Rafffensparger isn't just another Liz Cheney? (Hint: you don't)

's why I laugh at the 9/11 "Truthers" as well. They think the same federal government that can't launch a fucking website can perfectly pull off a clandestine operation on American soil that results in thousands of deaths and devastation without a single person blowing the whistle or accidentally fouling something up. Way too many people involved for these things to go according to plan. It would be like an Oceans 11 movie with 2,000 people involved in the heist and everyone performs perfectly in secret with no trace of evidence or anyone having second thoughts and blowing it up. It's total goddamn nonsense.​
                            In the case of 9-11, the hard part isn't crashing planes into buildings. It's tricking people into thinking that someone else did it. The actual deed itself is pretty easy to execute.

In the case of election fraud, it's easy to print up ballots and count them. What's hard is to do this in a way that evades the rules of ballot handling and chains of custody. And it just so happens that with the 2020 election, there were hundreds -- literal hundreds -- of people who produced sworn affadavits that said that they witnessed this exact thing happening. These people all did this knowing that they risked life ruination and had little to nothing to gain from it. Their claims were never challenged in court or debunked via cross examination and the inclusion of evidence because the courts refused to hear them. It's not rock solid proof, but it's at least evidence, which I'm repeatedly told there is none of. The same people who are telling you that those affiants are lying or have no credibility are the same ones telling you that Kyle Rittenhouse murdered three innocent protestors in Kenosha. Who's credible?
                            Last edited by Hannibal; March 10, 2023, 01:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

There should have been more infected at the lab though. I don't care if it is a lab leak or a wet market, but I don't have the same investment in it that you Foxbots do
                              It's not just academic trivia -- knowing if Covid-19 was a purely man-made catastrophe or a freak of nature should be a pretty big deal to anyone.

Comment

• LOL. You have to be a "Foxbot" in Froot's world to believe the utterly logical and probable.

Comment

Working...
                                X