No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitmer is the first time around didn't run on abortion. The Dobbs decision pushed that to the forefront, and not surprisingly (and give Trump credit here he foresaw that it was going to be a major losing issue for the GOP in the midterms) there was a huge backlash against that decision. Then the MI GOP nominated 3 extreme people for GOV, SOS and AG. With Dixon's stance being as far right (and way out of the mainstream for MI) it was smart politics for Whitmer to beat her over the head with it. She used her big fundraising advantage to define Dixon early with Dixon's own words.

Unfortunately, the MI GOP has learned nothing from the 2022 beatdown they got and instead put KK in as the MI GOP chair. I miss says when there was an actual sane MI GOP.

So your former boss should have stayed in his marriage because he was married?
    2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• So your former boss should have stayed in his marriage because he was married?
      Well, there are vows in marriage ceremonies that state that both parties will stay together for better, for worse, etc. So, yeah, he should have stayed with his wife, IMO.

I just think its twice as tragic that he left his wife and 4 kids to be with a man. At some point, at least by kid 2 or kid 3, he must have been alright with being heterosexual. Seems like he would have given up by kid 4 if he was truly 'born gay'. As a straight male, the thought of homosexual sex to me is absolutely repulsive. So, by course, if this man was truly born gay, then how could he marry a woman, and have repeated repulsive sex with her, father four kids, and then decide to finally go with his true feelings? It makes no sense at all.

But I'm sue he's faithful to his new 'wife'.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Well, there are vows in marriage ceremonies that state that both parties will stay together for better, for worse, etc. So, yeah, he should have stayed with his wife, IMO.

I just think its twice as tragic that he left his wife and 4 kids to be with a man. At some point, at least by kid 2 or kid 3, he must have been alright with being heterosexual. Seems like he would have given up by kid 4 if he was truly 'born gay'. As a straight male, the thought of homosexual sex to me is absolutely repulsive. So, by course, if this man was truly born gay, then how could he marry a woman, and have repeated repulsive sex with her, father four kids, and then decide to finally go with his true feelings? It makes no sense at all.

But I'm sue he's faithful to his new 'wife'.
        There are people that come out later in life. IDK him or the situtation. The kids could have been born really close together. But there are several reasons he might have tried to stay in the marriage and have kids before coming out.

1) He might have been raised in a really strict religious household that viewed homosexuality as the worst possible sin. That would likely lead to repressing anything that could have been thought of being just a little bit gay.

2) He might have felt he needed to stay with the family for the sake of the children. That it was his responsibility/duty to do so. He might have truly loved his wife and having sex with her was part of obligation to being a good husband

3) There might have been a traumatic experience, such as losing someone close to him, that caused him to have an ephinany that led him down a path of self discovery. I know for me that was the case when my grandmother died when I was in the second year at college.

2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Was not aware of this. Ohio, Michigan, and Pennsylvania all have "sore loser" laws that would prevent Trump from being on the ballot if he loses the primary and runs as a 3rd party candidate anyways.

Can Trump Win as 3rd Party Candidate? Sore Loser Laws in 6 States Block Him - Bloomberg

Comment

• You should probably look into some form of "squatter" law- since Trump has been living rent free in your head for the last 7 years.

Comment

• Oh I'd love it if the circus would leave town

Comment

• Leftist terrorists conducted a full blown assault on the Atlanta police training facility in DeKalb County. Police were attacked with Molotov Cocktails, bricks, and fireworks. Construction equipment and police vehicles were set ablaze.

Gotta love the NYT phrasing of the attack.

The disturbance grew out of a demonstration among hundreds of activists in a forest being developed into a training center.

"Protesters Damage Property at Site of Planned Police Center in Atlanta

The disturbance grew out of a demonstration among hundreds of activists in a forest being developed into a training center."

We all know property damage doesn't count as violence anymore so that's an important distinction to include in the headline. And, of course, they are not, I repeat NOT, "leftist" or "left wing" in any way. They are simply protesters, demonstrators, and activists who caused a "disturbance" much like someone playing music too loud.

Thank god leftist extremism is only a myth. No coordination here whatsover.

Atlanta-Cops.webp

00nat-copcity-hqlp-jumbo.webp

Just another mostly peaceful protest...

230306083757-05-atlanta-cop-city-protests.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                  You should probably look into some form of "squatter" law- since Trump has been living rent free in your head for the last 7 years.
                  heh heh
                  Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• They're withdrawing (from Bakhmut) ..... they're not. The Russians have captured Bakhmut, surrounded it ...... or they haven't. This pretty much sums up the current situation in the battle space defined by the utterly decimated, uninhabitable city of Bakhmut, Vuldehar to the S and Kreminia to the N. Those three cities define a 60-80 mile front or Forward Edge of the Battle Area (FEBA) that Ukrainian forces are defending amd have, for the most part, thwarted 100s of Russian attempts to advance westward.

The numbers of Ukrainian troops defending this line are unknown but Russian soldiers thrown into battle number in the 10s of thousands, even by some estimates, over 150k. From a purely military history perspective, this is an unprecedented number of soldiers committed to a battle in such a compressed area. Losses on both sides are high but the Ukrainians are enjoying (an uncomfortable way for this to be described) a 1:7 ratio of killed or wounded advantage over the Russians. A recent assessment by a former NATO General Officer bluntly portrayed Russia's Generals, in particular Sergei Shiogu, for disregarding human life, trading thousands of Russian soldiers lives for neither a significant tactical or strategic outcome in what has been described as Russia's "big" winter offensive.

The press is making a big deal out of an "emerging fracture" within Russian forces involving this Wagner dude, Yevgeny Viktorovich Prigozhin/PMC, and several top generals within Russia's MOD. Prigozhin has stated he feels he's being betrayed. He believes the Russian MOD's failure to deliver ammunition to his forces is planned to set him up for a humiliating loss. There's something to this row but to imply Prigozhin and his milbloggers threatens Putin's power base is fanciful thinking - it's out there though. The one thing that is consistently being reported though is that the Russians don't have the means to mount a meaningful offensive in Ukraine, the purpose being to defeat the Ukrainian armed force creating a surrender, now or apparently in the future according to sources. Looks like this thing will smoulder for a while.

The wild card is this supposed major Ukrainian offensive that is to take place "later" in the spring or early summer after western arms have been received and are delivered to the front. I'm beginning to think that too is fanciful thinking and unlikely to give Zelenski the big victory he's been talking about. I've seen the numbers in terms of equipment - IMO, it's not enough and Zelenski isn't going to enjoy a substantial advantage in arms or personnel over the Russians ever. Some of that is overcome by the subjective factors​ of better morale, competent battlefield leadership and the ability to employ modern war fighting skills in actual combat. These are things that the Russians don't have and are not likely to gain. The question is can this advantage be decisive? Can Zelenski's stated goals of pushing the "occupiers" out of the 4 Oblasts Putin declared are part of the Russian Federation, including Crimea, be attainable? I've not seen but one or two analysts out of dozens willing to claim Ukraine can kick the Russian out of these places. So, we watch the misery grow from afar, essentially detached from the horrors except for reporting of them that I try to avoid.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• One of the several dozen people arrested in DeKalb County for the above is a lawyer with the Southern Poverty law Center

SPLC attorney among 23 Antifa charged over violent Atlanta Cop City protests | Daily Mail Online

Comment

• Well, I for one am stunned. Stunned.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• People ask me why Im so skeptical about governmental function and information from the media

Hell 3 years ago Wiz and I all but guaranteed that Covid came from that lab.

3 years later the government finally agrees

Fauci has now the richest retirement check for any government employee

while wiz sells franks and beans from the back of his 20 year old cornhusker mobile

and I continue to try to educate those who mindlessly follow Koko Pop Joe and his legion of minions

yeah Kari Lake and the Donald can look self absorbed but time after time they continue to be proved right. Guarentee lake can out debate pretty much any minion wearing blue

This week our fearless leader katie Hobbs is bucking the supreme court with a public display of "vetoed" the supreme courts decision to execute a killer she told a reporter who ask her position on capital punishment that her position "wasn't relevant" so no answer to the question. BTW the same Supreme court she just ignored now is hearing lakes appeal in 2 weeks
                          Extremely intelligent governor this one is--one of the few who fetterman could out debate.

finally lets give a big hand for our buddy bernie who is making miliions on his book tour produced and directed your favorite capitalist enabler Ticketmaster. Gotta pay for those three houses some way or another

and for all you golfers out there--If ever in scottsdale--estrella , biltmore , raven, lookout mountain and desert canyon are all excellent venues
                          Last edited by crashcourse; March 6, 2023, 04:48 PM.

Comment

• "But time after time they continue to be proved right."

Bwahaha

Screenshot 2023-03-06 4.51.17 PM.png
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post
                              You should probably look into some form of "squatter" law- since Trump has been living rent free in your head for the last 7 years.
                              I think Strangelove knows more about Trump than I do. And I'm supposed to be the 'trumper' around here, according to some.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• An update on my earlier Ukraine briefing post ...... Zelenski does these evening broadcasts over state media regularly and this evening's (Ukraine time around 2pm EST) was reported on few hours ago. In it Zelenski affirms that Ukrainian armed forces are reinforcing Bakhmut's defenders with reserves stating no territory in Ukraine will be abandoned.and in the end we will liberate every Ukrainian city held by the occupiers. IMO, Ukraine's deciders think they can out last the Russians and win the battle of Bakhmut. Analysis of the current state of the Russian armed forces operating in the relevant battle space suggests their "big winter offensive" has "culminated." In military jargon this means the Russians have reached a point where they don't have the combat power to mount continuing offensive operations. Such a victory would be a huge hit for Putin. Probably worth the cost to the Ukrainians.

Certainly a bit of hyperbole, IMO. OTH, my sense is that Ukrainian military planners know exactly what they are doing by continuing to defend Bakhmut .... it's become a symbolic rallying point for one but defending it v. withdrawing from it - the recent talk of the town - is a very careful calculation of risks v. benefits, potential losses for Ukraine v. those of Russia. I mentioned above the ratio is 7:1. There's been a lot of talk about Russia's staying power - it can just keep feeding the war with recruits and equipment until Ukraine is exhausted and/or the west decides they're done supporting UKraine. I wouldn't bet on the Russians being able to outlast the Ukrainians or the R's under Marjorie Taylor Greene's "leadership" ending US support for the Zelenski government in Ukraine.

Side note: Ukrainian pilots are training with the 162nd Fighter Wing, which flies F-16 fighter jets, is based at Tucson International Airport and trains international aircrews on the fourth-generation aircraft. When asked if the US was going to send F16s to Ukraine an 162nd official said he had no news about that but 10 more Ukrainian pilots may come to the US for the same evaluation and assessment as those here now (number undisclosed). He added this is nothing new. We've been training most foreign pilots whose countries are flying the F16 for a long time.

I know a bit about this. The US military and civilian aviation units have some of the best flight simulators in the world. At the end of my military career I undertook training to obtain a commercial 737 type rating. I received classroom instruction on 737 systems and 22 hours in a 737 flight simulator. During this training, I never flew a live 737-300 .......until I took my check-ride out of Seattle Tacoma airport with an American Airlines 737-300 check pilot in the right seat. I passed so, my point is that these Ukrainian pilots can competently fly an F16 - should the various countries decide to provide them to Ukraine - with the same kind of approach I experienced. Ukraine is getting F16s and soon.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X