Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

So now the views of network guests represent the views of 100% of the network? Cool. Let's start cataloging all of the retarded shit that has never gotten any pushback on CNN, CBS, NBC, or MSNBC.

Tucker very conspicuously did not co-sign the 2020 "Trump won" claims.
    A newspaper isn’t legally responsible for every single op-ed they publish but if they hand over space to a woman who believes she can time travel and talk to the spirit world and ask her to tell their readers about the conspiracy led by Dominion Voting Machines, they are treading very close to reckless irresponsibility.

In America we have a very high bar for defamation and that’s good. But it sure seems like Fox may have cleared it.

Tucker’s schtick is always “I’m just asking questions”. It’s a good slippery way to deny responsibility for what you put on tv. Tucker isn’t necessarily saying the election was rigged but gosh, so many questions and doubts to consider. He’s just naturally inquisitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
      Bottom line is that for weeks after the election Fox Execs and the prime time hosts were furious at the “hard” news division because they were telling viewers the truth. That was causing viewers to flip to NewsMax where, in the words of one Fox exec, there are zero editorial standards. In the face of declining ratings and stock price they tried to win viewers back by giving Sydney Powell and other crackpots as much airtime as possible the rest of November.

Powell’s “kraken” lawsuit getting laughed out of court seems like the turning point. Even Lou Dobbs questioned her credibility after that. Most of the others never believed her but kept bringing her back in the hopes estranged viewers would like what they saw.
      The crackpot guests of which you speak did more for the Democrats than they did for Trump. You should be thanking Fox News for giving them air time.
      Last edited by Hannibal; February 18, 2023, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        At least there was apparent conflict in Fox. There was apparently zero conflict in the MSM with their Jim Crow voter suppression bullshit.

And, again, we’re not talking the assclowns at MSNBC (Joy Reid — JFC). We’re talking NYT, CNN, WaPo, etc.
        There is a long list of falsehoods for which there is/was 100% agreement on the Left.

Comment

• Yes, I know.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Nick Sandmann has been long forgotten, but that was atrocious. Sadly, not defamatory but still garbage lies.

Comment

• Feels like State political parties need a decade in the wilderness before they come to terms with why they keep fucking up. Except the Ohio Democrats— for them it’s the better part of 30 years.

Anyways the woman who lost her race by 14 points and claimed she was cheated is now leading the Michigan GOP. Victory’s right around the corner.

Comment

• So, I deleted my Twitter account years ago -- just a great decision, btw. As a result, I don't know if it's still running. I seem to remember that when Musk fired a bunch of employees and then a bunch quit when he asked them to come into work, that the prognosis was certain doom. It was, I believe, assumed that Twttier was maxmimally efficient in their operation and that the loss of employees would be devastating. Oh, and also that Musk is basically an idiot who doesn't know the first thing about software -- something which really can only be understood by the best and brightest.

So, is Twitter still running? Can't have much more than, what -- a few weeks left?

Comment

• The site was screwed up for about an hour yesterday and he’s making people who want to keep using SMS text message authentication to protect their accounts sign up for Twitter Blue (the new $8 a month “premium” service).

Over half of Twitter’s top 1000 advertisers are no longer spending money there.

More than half of Twitter’s top 1,000 advertisers in September were no longer spending on the platform in the first weeks of January, according to data provided to CNN by digital marketing analysis firm Pathmatics by Sensor Tower, in a striking sign of how far reaching the advertiser exodus has been following Elon Musk’s acquisition of the company.

That may be because their emails and phone calls to inquire about placing ads go unanswered

Comment

• Well, the value proposition is separate from the functioning. It was always a crazy value proposition (IMO). The predictions of doom, though...is Twitter still functioning or not? Anyway, from Slate's topshelf reporting, I'm guessing they run out of money very soon and stop functioning.

Comment

• There was also a Reuters article about their ad revenue being down 70% in December but it may be behind a paywall.

Anyways yes it’s still functioning.

Comment

• Desperation and fear growing. Posted near midnight on a saturday night. Sadly, this shit might work.

FpTfQh2aQAACCzm?format=jpg&name=360x360.jpg

Comment

• Is there anything that's actually correct in that screed?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            Is there anything that's actually correct in that screed?
                            I thought maybe the Club For Growth had endorsed DeSantis but no, they haven't. So close to 12 lies in roughly 200 characters. Impressive!

Comment

• He's the GOAT

Comment

• Trump is going to go after DeSantis full bore. He knows DeSantis can beat him.

I'll stay home on election day before I'd vote for Trump or anyone from the current administration.

The only Democrat that I'd consider right now would be Manchin.
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X