Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Don't fucking watch then
    Tuned out just before the 2nd in charge of M.A.D.D. got her chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

Queen Gretch has already made her standard pitch to eliminate handguns. "We can't go on living like this" is her quote.

Nessie is likely looking for a way to create a law that gives her that authority.

Later today, Gretch will be making her appointment with the marina in Petoskey to put her boat in the water before everyone else. Beat the rush, and all that.
      Bunch of kids in this state get mowed down by some crazy kook and it's the same old hobby horse with you. The loss of life doesn't even matter for you.
      Last edited by froot loops; February 14, 2023, 11:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Dems control the legislature now, right? She could push for a red flag law as a realistic goal.
        She can do anything she wants. All of the government is under her control, as is the Michigan Supreme Court.

Any law that she fails to get now is her own fault. She controls everything.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post

Bunch of kids in this state get mowed down by some crazy kook and it's same it's the same old hobby horse with you. The loss of life doesn't even matter for you.
          Yeah, you're right asshole. I don't care about kids being mowed down.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post

She can do anything she wants. All of the government is under her control, as is the Michigan Supreme Court.

Any law that she fails to get now is her own fault. She controls everything.
            Well she could pass laws that won't stand up under judicial review but earn her seal claps from her base and hope she's off to DC before the laws get struck down. That's Captain Ron's strategy down in Florida. But I was suggesting a more realistic approach and adopt the same red flag law Rick Scott signed into law and Captain Ron stands by.

Comment

• Any additional laws, of which there are already thousands, that regulate firearms in the U.S. will have absolutely no statistically significant effect on anything. There are 400,000,000 firearms in the U.S. and 330,000,000 people. If the manufacture and sale of firearms was banned at noon today, there's still plenty to go around. And who knows best how to navigate a black market for firearms? Criminals! Almost everything that the anti-gun lobby advocates for is a combination of infringement on individual liberties or downright unconstitutional.

If the goal is to drastically reduce these types of shootings, the country needs to be be largely disarmed. There is one clear path to doing that: Repeal of the 2nd Amendment. It requires a two-thirds vote in both houses of congress and ratification by at least 38 states. Once it is repealed, the government can get on with mandatory gun buy-backs (that won't be inexpensive) and then door-to-door confiscation by the feds (Apply now! Great health benefits!)

Comment

• Neanderthal Nazi
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• I saw a video posted by a girl who's currently at MSU and claims to have also been a student at Sandy Hook elementary in 2012. Maybe that's not as crazy odds as it sounds...hundreds of kids possibly at that elementary school and at least one of them grew up to go to a big school like MSU, and some other prominent school is likely to have a mass shooting in the next few years. But it just reminded me of that dude who survived the Las Vegas shooting only to die in a mass shooting in Thousands Oaks, CA a year later instead.

Comment

Well she could pass laws that won't stand up under judicial review but earn her seal claps from her base and hope she's off to DC before the laws get struck down. That's Captain Ron's strategy down in Florida. But I was suggesting a more realistic approach and adopt the same red flag law Rick Scott signed into law and Captain Ron stands by.
                    I'd support a true red flag law that has some limitations to it. For instance, Racist Liney shouldn't be able to use the red flag law to report the black guy that I don't like across the street as a means to harrass him, and 'encourage' him to move away. Progs won't write the law that way. They'll insist on a sweeping law that allows cops or other designated officials to seize weapons for the slightest of reasons. Progs want firearms taken away from average citizens. Nothing short of that will suffice. As of now, the 2nd Amendment won't allow that.

Nobody has weaponized laws more than Progs over the last 4-5 years. Queen Gretch is a prime example. Re: Sending 8 State Troopers to an 80-year old barber's shop to deliver a 'close now or else' order, due to her views on Covid.

Comment

• "Never let a tragedy go to waste"

It's in the Prog playbook...
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Look, no one said owning the libs would be CHEAP or EASY!! We’re at WAR! Do you want the sexy M&M back or not?!

Where did you get this quote, that one that is on the left of the Ryan Grim tweet? Considering that money is fungible, that is an amazing fact. IF IT IS TRUE.

Comment

• Originally posted by Da Geezer View Post

Where did you get this quote, that one that is on the left of the Ryan Grim tweet? Considering that money is fungible, that is an amazing fact. IF IT IS TRUE.
                          I believe it's from this Bloomberg article that's behind a paywall so I unfortunately did not read.

Guess Who Loses After Florida and Texas Bar Wall Street ESG Banks? - Bloomberg

Comment

• I clipped a very small map (the first one below) showing the territory of Ukraine that is west of the Donetsk and Luhansk Oblasts. It demonstrates what an utter Russian forces failure to seize the "entirety of the Luhansk and Donetsk Oblasts" has been as ordered by their Commander and Chief about 3 weeks ago.

Areas in cross hatched red were under the control of the DPR, essentially control by Russia, before the invasion on 2/24/22. This territory was illegally seized in 2014 with a cease-fire negotiated in the Minsk Accords. The red area to the east was hastily grabbed within the first month of the invasion and has remained under Russian control. Just east of this territory is a thin strip of red the represents alleged Russian control and the yellow areas are those where Russians claim to have advanced but may or may not control. We're talking about 1-2 kilometers here achieved in a year when facing Ukrainian defenses.

The second map has a larger focus on the country of Ukraine. The point here is to illustrate how little Putin has achieved in the last year with respect to territorial gains he had set as objectives for his military forces before his Special Operation commenced last year. He has little to show and his failure has brought horrific physical destruction to Ukraine with something on the magnitude of millions displaced and hundreds of thousands killed, more than that injured. I hear people say, well, if the west (NATO) hadn't threatened Russia by it's eastward expansion, Russia would not have felt compelled to attack Ukraine. That's non-sense.

Putin has used this argument to support his war. In the Russian information space, Putin has managed to create an alternate reality of a NATO threat to Russia and Russian victories in Ukraine in defending Russia. As this thing progresses the nations lining up to oppose Putin's madness are showing increasing unified support for creating the circumstances where Putin will have to find an off ramp, declare some sort of victory, then withdraw. At the least, to the western most borders of the Luhansk and and Donetsk Oblasts and Crimea. In withdrawing, and Putin knows this, he risks being pursued by a well armed, experienced and capable Ukrainian force right to Russia's boarders.

GIven the battlefield losses his army has sustained and the poor preparedness of recently mobilized reserves that have been thrown into the battle and killed in astonishing numbers in human wave attacks, Putin risks being driven from all the Ukrainian territory he has claimed as part of Russia since 2014 including Crimea if he elects to persist. Some say Russia has the size and the resources to wait things out and ultimately achieve some level of success in Ukraine. But it is increasingly looking like his army may be facing a soon to be delivered fatal blow. That army, having become severely weakened over the last year of brutal combat by poor tactics, poor equipment and a determined and tactically superior Ukrainian force, is, each day of fighting, becoming more and more susceptible to a battlefield defeat by a larger Ukrainian counter-offensive. The offensive's target would likely be Melipitol and if successful, would divide Russia's forces into a northern and southern component complicating supply efforts which in turn make holding territory more difficult. It's not coming this month but it may come by this summer.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• No maps showing up for me, Jeff, but I get your gist.

Comment

• Dianne Feinstein does a 180 and announces she won't seek reelection next year. She's 89. I previously read where she was refusing to say until next year.

Could be an ugly Democratic primary with Adam Schiff, Katie Porter, and Barbara Lee all possible candidates.

Comment

Working...
                                X