Clear All

• FluSR3QWQAAFoYN?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

Comment

• aa8bd4c0cea9259c.jpg

Comment

• heh
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• McCarthy going down in the 8th vote. Still no movement. He needs to come to terms with the fact he won't be Speaker.

Comment

• South Carolina Supreme Court overturns 6-week abortion ban based on the state constitution's privacy clause. Current 20-week ban remains in place.

South Carolina Supreme Court rules abortion protected under state constitution - POLITICO

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
              McCarthy going down in the 8th vote. Still no movement. He needs to come to terms with the fact he won't be Speaker.
              Some of the rebels are making demands that McCarthy can't give them without pissing off significantly more people currently supporting him. Like handing over chairmanship of important committees to assholes that have barely been in Congress for more than one term. I'm not sure if the demands are in good faith or not.

Comment

• I don't think they are. At least Gaetz is honest about the fact that he will never vote for McCarthy under any circumstance. I think Boebert is the same. He can only lose 4 votes and I'm sure enough Freedom Caucus folks will stay together to ensure his failed candidacy.

"Either Kevin McCarthy withdraws from the race, or we construct a straitjacket that he is unable to evade," Gaetz said.

Comment

• There’s virtually nothing that the Republican leadership can offer as concessions that will make most Republicans want McCarthy as speaker. None of his promises can be trusted. There’s no point in trying to negotiate.

Comment

• "What's the beef" among R Representatives over McCarthy. I couldn't find anything that coalesced the beef into something concise. There's quite a bit of resistance, for various reasons, to him becoming Speaker. It actually is an interesting political tussle that as far as I can tell boils down to legitimate R concerns over the size of government and spending esp., D spending bill trends and the Biden administration making this spending a reality by signing the D fashioned spending bills. I can climb aboard with tht ...... If McCarthy is seen by the majority as being too much of a compromiser on bills that involve spending and immigration. I can get aboard with that too. Leave Ukraine spending alone though. IMO, supporting the Ukrainian government in kicking Russian troops out of that country should be a priority for America, the leader of the free world.

This is a pretty good break down of the major resistors to the McCarthy nomination to Speaker:

McCarthy is still short of the votes he needs to be speaker, and it's because of a staunch, anti-establishment, intransigent far-right group that wants government to do a lot less.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• If the stagnation of the speaker vote stops money flowing to the Ukraine then I hope that it continues for at least another 365 days.

Comment

• 2nd largest number of votes to nominate a House speaker in US history. I’m predicting this ends at 26 votes. Who knows. Surely we don’t top the year 1855’s vote.

Kinda entertaining until the repercussions start to hit.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• The new details of the Idaho killings are somewhat chilling. Hopefully we’ll eventually learn his motive. He walked by one of the surviving girls on his way out of the house but either didn’t see her or chose not to assault her.

Comment

• Those 20 or so R's are tired of the Republican party being the Democratic Party 2.0

The R's talk a good game, but in the end, give the Dems what they want.

They're a minority, but right now they have the rest of the party by the short curlys.
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Legal experts in Ukraine along with cooperating agencies in the west are looking to nail down responsibility for a long list of criminal conduct and outrageously cruel and dehumanizing behavior by Russian soldiers acting on the orders of their commanders and top ranking officials within the Russian MOD. It are these Russian soldeirs and administrators in occupied Ukraine who have carved out a plan for Ukraine that seeks to wipe out Ukrainian culture, kill as many Ukrainian civilians as possible, destroy critical infrastructure and forcibly deport children to Russia as a means of forcing the Zelenski government to a negotiating table stacked against them.

What is important to keep in focus is this bare knuckled Russian aggression is the face of what life under Russian rule in Ukraine would be like. Sure, the west can abandon the fight because it is getting too hard or too expensive but it would be a human tragedy of historic proportion if that happened. Watch out for what you wish for.

Well-documented Russian bombings and missile strikes in Ukraine have decimated hospitals, schools, and apartment buildings, including a theater in Mariupol where hundreds of children were sheltering and the Kramatorsk rail station where thousands were waiting to escape the Russian onslaught. The withdrawal of Russian troops from towns like Bucha, Chernihiv, and Sumy has revealed horrific scenes of civilian carnage, mass graves, and reports of rape and torture. Several world leaders have accused Russia of committing genocide against the people of Ukraine.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I’ve been banned, so wasn’t able to post this, but RIP Barbara Walters

image.jpg
                                "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                                X