• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• please?
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• DENIED

After Round 2 all the Republican rebels switched their votes to Jim Jordan. Next?

Comment

• Boebert or bust!

Comment

• Beginning with the 3rd vote they are required to go for 2

Comment

• Except for 4 years right after WWII, Democrats controlled the House from 1931 to 1995.

Of the four Republicans who have been Speaker since 1995, three resigned because they got sick of constant rebellion in the ranks and the fourth was later sent to prison as a sex offender

Comment

• McCarthy claiming vote was stolen. Blames mail in votes.
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                Except for 4 years right after WWII, Democrats controlled the House from 1931 to 1995.

Of the four Republicans who have been Speaker since 1995, three resigned because they got sick of constant rebellion in the ranks and the fourth was later sent to prison as a sex offender
                Newt resigned because his adultery scandal broke in the middle of Monica Lewinsky and that made him unfit to lead the crusade.
                Last edited by Hannibal; January 3, 2023, 09:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Newt resigned because his adultery scandal broke in the middle of Monica Lewinsky and that made him unfit to lead the crusade.
                  All true but when he resigned Newt referred to the Republican caucus as a group of cannibals. If he hadn't quit he would've been overthrown. Everyone was just looking for a reason to topple him.

Following are excerpts from a conference call on Friday between Speaker Newt Gingrich and several Republicans, including Representatives Joe L. Barton of Texas, Rob Portman of Ohio, Fred Upton of Michigan and Jim Nicholson, chairman of the Republican National Committee. Mr. Gingrich refers to his wife, Marianne. The call was transcribed by The Associated Press. MR. GINGRICH -- I think for the future of the party, it makes a lot more sense for me not to be a candidate for Speaker. We have to get the bitterness out. . . .

Comment

• This would be funny if it wasn't so sad...

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 1 photos.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• b2e1aac34255f332.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                        One piece of shit to another...

Comment

• Trump FINALLY posted support for McCarthy this morning after several days of being more concerned with posting Qanon memes of himself as a Superman-god or attacking the same Georgia pollworkers who've been getting threats for years now

Comment

• One interesting feature I've learned about during this clusterfuck is that until a Speaker is chosen and the new House Rules are adopted, the CSPAN cameras in the chamber are allowed to zoom in and pan around the room in a way they usually aren't allowed to do. Members don't like being caught on camera swearing like a sailor or yukking it up with members of the opposite party or playing on their phones during big votes.

Comment

• Everyone’s fighting. I love it

Comment

• _xlarge.jpg

Gosar and AOC exchanging guacamole recipes?

This is the guy who made a video of himself killing her, btw ...

Don't you love politicians?
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X