No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Babylon Bee is on target 100% of the time.

Comment

• The glory of intersectionality and it's unassailable logic leads all decent human beings, inexorably, to the conclusion that laws addressing puberty blockers are anti-semitic and racist. Those aren't the words of Joy Reid or some other nutjob "Dr." Strangelove would like to conveniently ignore, bur rather the words, reasoning and conclusion of his beloved The Chairman. The ostensible leader of the free world.

I guess Argentina can expect sanctions soon for their blatant erasure of black lives and promotion of white supremacy through their soccer team.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Comment

• #BIDENBOOM

Opinion: Opinion: Household wealth falls $13.5 trillion, second worst drop on record - MarketWatch

Comment

• Don't worry, guys. It's only in California.

1bc5df9970c819e1.jpg

Comment

• 07646mkhob5a1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&v=enabled&s=20912efaca6922938cf54654c7449e23187b55ad.jpg

Comment

• I didn't know that it was illegal to ask somebody for help getting into college. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• I didn't know that you could grovel for Hunter Biden to help your kid get into Georgetown and emerge with your conservative and totally-not-east-coast-elitist credentials intact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    I didn't know that you could grovel for Hunter Biden to help your kid get into Georgetown and emerge with your conservative and totally-not-east-coast-elitist credentials intact.
                    It's remarkably easy. You just need a little bit of empathy and to not constantly treat your viewers as if their concerns don't matter and they can't be trusted to make any decisions for themselves.

Comment

• Does Tucker frequently say things he knows will upset the majority of his audience? Or challenge them in any way? If not, he's not "listening" to them. He's pandering to them.

And sure, most tv hosts are like that. My point is that Tucker's no different than the vast majority of them.

Comment

• It's only pandering if he doesn't already feel that way. He has given me no reason to believe that is the case. That goes for basically everyone. e.g. Rachel Maddow doesn't say stuff that's contrary to the leanings of her audience, but that's not pandering either -- she just agrees with her audience on stuff.

Edit -- I hear this criticism of Tucker somewhat often -- but you can have a privileged upbringing and credibly sympathize with people who didn't or be humble enough to recognize that high status and income aren't your birthright.
                        Last edited by Hannibal; December 14, 2022, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• Big story developing in Turkey. Erdogan's top rival for the Presidency (the mayor of Istanbul) just got sentenced to prison for 2+ years and banned from political office for the crime of "insulting the judiciary". Just months before the election. It's thought that he'll likely just get probation -- the real goal was to ban him from running. Reportedly a lot of riot police called on duty in preparation for this result.

Comment

• 319677292_1520992355066363_8240966305827918027_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=OcOTGW2V8lIAX8yCUMX&_nc_ht=scontent-ord5-2.xx&oh=00_AfCxBCnz_W7evIjE5T0VMvCphAu0IyBmWLy6KUMFxl92zA&oe=639F8205.jpg
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                            X