No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only in Pennsylvania...a dead guy gets elected...

A longtime Pennsylvania state representative was re-elected in a landslide – even though he died last month.

Democrat Anthony “Tony” DeLuca, Pennsylvania’s longest-serving state representative, was the choice in more than 85% of votes cast.

DeLuca, 85, died on 9 October from lymphoma, a disease he had twice previously fended off.

By the time of his death it was too late to change the ballot or put forth another candidate for his seat. While his opponent, Green candidate Queonia “Zarah” Livingston, accounted for more than 14% of the vote, DeLuca’s victory has triggered a special election that will be held on a later date.

I mean...makes sense. They elected a brain dead retard as US Senator...and our POTUS summons dead people...so all is good...
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Its "what the people want", Wiz.

The Party says so.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The only sane state anymore is Florida.
        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Well.. Texas had the good sense to reject Beeto again.

And Georgia said no to Stacy.

We'll probably see them both as commentators on pMSNBC.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• heh probably
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Between this and the Ny Post cover I think Grampa Rupert has seen enough

Comment

• He may have had enough but the MAGA folks haven't. That's where the money is still.

Comment

• Speaking of brain dead...

Screenshot 2022-11-09 11.11.17 AM.png
                  I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    Between this and the Ny Post cover I think Grampa Rupert has seen enough

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-...nion_lead_pos2
                    The frustration is real. For a lot of Rs. It's worth saying it's no less than they deserve, but that's backward looking. Going forward, there's going to be a steady drumbeat against DJT. I figure it reaches critical mass if Sean Hannity or Tucker Carlson ever jump in -- with kids gloves, of course (thank you for all you've done, DJT, but it's time to move on to DeSantis). What hasn't been apparent to these Trumpistas is that there is a viable alternative to DJT that "fights" like he fights -- who won't get pushed around -- who won't back down to the "woke" folks. Well, now there is. And it's a brand new shiny alternative without the baggage of total fucking lunacy (whatever one thinks of RD, no one anywhere can make a credible argument he is anywhere near as, ummm, "out there" as DJT).

The fight will be epic. DJT will blow up the R party. He'll either end up running as an R in 2024 or, IMO, running as independent. He's going to obliterate them. But, that may be the price you have to pay to be free of him.
                    Last edited by iam416; November 10, 2022, 07:32 AM.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      He may have had enough but the MAGA folks haven't. That's where the money is still.
                      That's because Soros is probably funding them, too.

Serious, how infested is this group is with "MAGA" folks? It's rather funny that the biggest advancers of the "fraud" and "stolen" conspiracy theories are the progs who insist that it's all bullshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

Serious, how infested is this group is with "MAGA" folks? It's rather funny that the biggest advancers of the "fraud" and "stolen" conspiracy theories are the progs who insist that it's all bullshit.
                        Hannibal, crashcourse, Kari Fucking Lake and about 2/3 of the candidates that the Republicans rolled out on line one...
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

The frustration is real. For a lot of Rs. It's worth saying it's no less than they deserve, but that's backward looking. Going forward, there's going to be a steady drumbeat against DJT. I figure it reaches critical mass if Sean Hannity or Tucker Carlson ever jump in -- with kids gloves, of course (thank you for all you've done, DJT, but it's time to move on to DeSantis). What hasn't been apparent to these Trumpistas is that there is a viable alternative to DJT that "fights" like he fights -- who won't get pushed around -- who won't back down to the "woke" folks. Well, now there is. And it's a brand new shiny alternative without the baggage of total fucking lunacy (whatever one thinks of RD, no one anywhere can make a credible argument he is anywhere near as, ummm, "out there" as DJT).

The fight will be epic. DJT will blow up the R party. He'll either end up running as an R in 2024 or, IMO, running as independent. He's going to obliterate them. But, that may be the price you have to pay to be free of him.
                          I don't know what the solution is for the R's. I tend to agree with you that if Trump isn't coronated as the nominee in 2024 he'll try and run as an Independent. And even if he only siphons off 5-10% of the normal R vote (it could be well more than that) that's obviously enough to cause R's to lose purple states. I'm not sure even an indictment helps much.

One thing that ought to happen as soon as feasible is to kick Ronna McDaniel's sorry ass to the curb and do a thorough purge of the Trump sycophants at the RNC. No more footing Trump's legal bills.

Comment

• I'm also assuming, I don't know for a fact, that Trump probably bullied the RNC into giving him personal possession of all their donor and mailing lists. So he would have all that for an Independent run.

Anyways.....

A big batch of mail votes gives me more optimism for CCM in Nevada. She won the batch around 2-to-1 and cut Laxalt's lead from 22,000 to below 16,000. There's reportedly at least another 100k ballots left between Clark and Washoe so her prospects are looking up.

Comment

• I've been picking on them but I am also genuinely curious what the deal is with Trafalgar. Have they been a hack political outfit this whole time and just happened to get extremely lucky in one election cycle (2020)? Or are they legit and made some horrible, horrible assumptions in their model this year? Because some of their polling misses are so completely embarrassing that I can't believe you'd do it on purpose, even for the sake of politics. Last one's my favorite. At least they got the winner right.

CO: Bennet +2
                              Reality: Bennet +12

NH: Bolduc +1.
                              Reality: Hassan +9

WA: Murray +1
                              Reality: Murray +13

NY: Zeldin +1
                              Reality: Hochul +5.5

MN: Jensen +1
                              Reality: Walz +8

MI: Whitmer +1
                              Reality: Whitmer +10.5

VT: Welch +7
                              Reality: Welch +40

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom W View Post

It certainly has nothing to do with George Soros. Huh?

There have been numerous times where Rupert allegedly gave up on Trump. Every time Fox News comes back to Trump because he is ratings gold for station. Trump has seemingly unbreakable connection to a large part of the GOP electorate. There has been no other person I can remember coming close to that connection. All of you fellas scoff at us when we say something about it, but you have probably never had that connection you just want the GOP to win and probably have never attended one of his jam packed rallies.

If you doubt me, get in your car and travel the great state of Michigan on Big Gretchen's beautiful new roads and observe the numerous Trump flags. I doubt having a subpar midterms is going to break that bond.
                                Last edited by froot loops; November 10, 2022, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X