X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For liney and geezer in particular

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Meanwhile, in what almost seems fitting given that there are a fair amount of mixed messages -- Maloney loses in the House. This election, man. Some strange shit.
      Republicans owe the NY Court of Appeals a really nice deli tray. Without that new district map their pickups would be even more pitiful.

Comment

• Republicans do much worse than expected and Putin orders an immediate retreat from Kherson.

Not a coincidence. Putin fears the Democrats, especially the Chairman, for they are warriors. Nothing like that fat sack of blubbering dough that wears far too much women's makeup.

Russia abandons Ukrainian city of Kherson in major retreat | Reuters

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Exit polls seem to support the idea that abortion wasn't THE issue but played a bigger role than pre-election polls were indicating.

There was a theory going into the election touted by some that voters in NY or California, where abortion was in no real danger of being criminalized, would seem a very distant concern and therefore wouldn't be much of a factor, but in close states like PA or Wisconsin women might feel differently about voting for a Republican who was promising a near total ban.
          Do exit polls only capture the opinions of election day, in-person voters? If so, then there might be a huge bloc of abortion voters that aren't being factored in.

Comment

• R's could still have a 52-48 Senate.

Johnson has almost certainly beaten Barnes

CCM needs there to be a really big batch of mail ballots in Clark County. Without that she probabl won't catch up

Kelly's lead in Arizona will probably slowly wither away

Warnock could very well lose the runoff

Comment

• LOL. The Senate is D. C'mon.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Do exit polls only capture the opinions of election day, in-person voters? If so, then there might be a huge bloc of abortion voters that aren't being factored in.
                Probably depends on the outlet conducting them but the CNN ones include both election day voters and early ones.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                  With The Party now in control of every major office in Michigan, lets see things get better.

Waiting.

Gennifer Grandholm once promised that we were going to be "blown away" by all the wonderful things she was about to do.

Never happened.

Waiting.
                  It's time to get with the times. Quit working and start letting the system work for you for starts. I'm expecting that handout our lady promised if after her election. 500 big ones and thank you for that 4.5 million road project that took 2 full years to complete 2.5 miles near my town.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                    One thing I'm even more certain of is that the GOP would have been much better off if Trump simply conceded once Pennsylvania was called for Biden. All this nonsense has been a millstone for you fellas. It was a total losing issue. Trump himself would have been better off for 2024 if he conceded and said see you in 2024.

You might have had a red wave.
                    I agree that the lingering election issue probably hurt the Rs, or at least it caused otherwise promising candidates to focus too much on it when there were other winning issues..

Trump should have conceded in the exact same way that Gore did -- after the final USSC decision he should have admitted that he had no legal options left and gone from there.

Comment

Republicans owe the NY Court of Appeals a really nice deli tray. Without that new district map their pickups would be even more pitiful.
                      Resaid in an honest manner, the NY Court rejected the NY Dem Party's absurdly partisan "redistricting". A new map was drawn by an independent party to reflect Supreme Court precedents.

I do think abortion has been treated by the Rs as a peripheral issue, to their detriment. Those who claimed it as their most important issue were Dems, and that motivated lots of voters to come out.
                      Lindsay Graham was nearly run out of the party for saying the Rs should settle at 15 weeks and run on a uniform platform. It turns out that being anti-abortion results in abortion on demand being placed into the MI constitution.

The "threat to democracy" closing argument by the Dems appears to have worked. It was right up there in the top 4 in exit polling. The Dems giving to support Trump-backed candidates also worked for them. In general, the Dems crushed the Rs in terms of political maneuvering. They are just better at this election thing.

Comment

• Lindsey Graham's abortion "compromise" was in fact no compromise at all. States could limit abortion as much as they wanted; but no state could allow it after 15 weeks. In other words, reining in the extreme Left while doing nothing about the extreme Right.

Comment

• Gennifer Grandholm once promised that we were going to be "blown away" by all the wonderful things she was about to do.
                          Well not to nitpick Jen Jen did say "Blown Away in 5 years".

Wow Michigan went totally Blue, I thought Big Gretch would win, and while not a big fan, I did vote for her. I was thinking more of the line of WIZ of a Red Bloodbath.

I know about 3 Trumpsters who I'm staying away from for a while. Sucks for them...

Comment

• Tudor Dixon should have wrong footed Big Gretch by acknowledging her progress on the roads, but saying she would improve them faster.

Comment

For liney and geezer in particular

Too late.

Yesterday's votes put Michigan firmly in the same hog wallow as New York, California and Illinois.

I think I'm going to ask my brother if he can help me out in moving to Indiana. I can't consider Ohio just for general principles.

I can't move too far from Michigan because of my grandkids.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Move to Florida. Tell the grandkids to STFU.
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X