No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll also note, that while Hochul losing was never going to happen, the margin was eye-popping close (to me). In places where Rs ran normal R candidates they did pretty well. This ought to be a lesson for them, if they can take it. And, TBH, it's a relatively pain-free lesson. They weren't ever going to be able to govern with a mostly split Senate and The Chairman in office. What they absolutely needed (IMO), was a beachhead (the House) to stop the The Chairman and the Progs from the ongoing destruction of the US.

It's a fantastic night for Ron DeSantis and it *could* be a very good ngiht for sane Rs, if they let it. It's a total disaster night for DJT and it portends exactly what will happen in 2024 if that asshat wins the nomination.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Few pleasures greater in life than watching Fox the morning after a Republican shellacking.

Just saw Slotkin won her race in Michigan. Fox just claimed Whitmer's race was much closer than expected. She's winning by 8.5% so uhhhh

Ahhh we've moved on to local horrific crime stories. The election's just too damn depressing for this early in the morning

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
        As far as Gretch, I guess she's what the people want.
        Not exactly. What voters (enough of them, at least) really wanted were competent alternatives to Gretch and the rest of her coven- not the comedy team that the Repubs rolled out this year. The Ds had gobs more money (from someplace?) and they were effective in applying it. All the R's did was take the "nothing" side against the "all" on a single issue that most voters favor the more pragmatic status quo. Other than that, they offered nothing. They got played and the whole state lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
          Few pleasures greater in life than watching Fox the morning after a Republican shellacking.

Just saw Slotkin won her race in Michigan. Fox just claimed Whitmer's race was much closer than expected. She's winning by 8.5% so uhhhh

Ahhh we've moved on to local horrific crime stories. The election's just too damn depressing for this early in the morning
          If this is a "Republican shellacking" then, heh...I guess...

Comment

• The other big takeaway from the election -- other than DeSantis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DJT is....

....kudos to The Chairman for pulling the Party to victory. The country embraced The Chairman and The Chairman's policies in delivering a "shellacking" to the Rs. He must run again. MUST.

Comment

• And, any morning where Stacey Abrams and Beto O'Rourke get hammered is a good morning. God bless America.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                The other big takeaway from the election -- other than DeSantis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DJT is....

....kudos to The Chairman for pulling the Party to victory. The country embraced The Chairman and The Chairman's policies in delivering a "shellacking" to the Rs. He must run again. MUST.
                BLOOD BATH!!! BOOK IT!!!

Sadly the Chairman's chances of running go up if Trump is the candidate.

Comment

• I can't predict the R primary electorate, but DeSantis has a real chance to beat DJT.

Comment

• Seeing estimates of 100k mail votes, maybe a little more, still uncounted in Clark County, NV. Ralston points out that if there's that many and they break 2-to-1 like the rest of the mail votes did, the Dem can come back and win.

I'm really curious about the dynamics of the Georgia runoff if it turns out that wouldn't decide the Senate. Would people less than thrilled with Herschel still turn out for him? Kemp will prob need to get heavily involved and drag him to victory.

Comment

• Laura Kelly (D) wins reelection in Kansas.

Jared Polis won Colorado by such a large margin that it's possibly going to help unseat Lauren Boebert.

Comment

• In the House, I think you'll see that the Rs probably ran much better candidates in Biden +10 or more districts (and came close in a lot) and worse candidates in closer districts (or Senate races).

The important takeaways remain: huge nights for DeSantis and The Chairman. This needs to be settled in 2024.

Comment

• What’s going on in Wisconsin? Hasn’t changed much since I went to bed.

Warnock probably wins in a runoff if it doesn’t determine control of the Senate. (Ds win Nevada and Arizona). I thought Warnock had a shot because he had 49.4% with ~92% in, but he hasn’t had momentum since then.
                          Last edited by Cody_Russell; November 9, 2022, 07:45 AM.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• It should have been a blood bath. With the traditional mid term loss of seats for the incumbent party, the Crypt Keeper's approval ratings in the toilet and inflation and gas prices through the roof (but coming down), but it wasn't.

Shows how unpopular the R's policies/platform, or lack there of, really are. Over the next two years, inflation and gas prices will have a chance to fully recover from covid and the Republicans will have nothing to run on other than "Democrats are evil baby killers"

That's when you see the real blood bath.

Blue Wave! Book it.

Hopefully the Dems will run someone that can beat Rhonda Santis.
                            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              And, any morning where Stacey Abrams and Beto O'Rourke get hammered is a good morning. God bless America.
                              Small victories, but good ones. At least some sanity remains in America.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The Rs are winning the Senate in 2024. I hate to underestimate how badly they can fuck it up, but it'd take a Herculean effort to fuck up that map.

Comment

Working...
                                X