Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Well there are morons out there advising their voters to ignore official instructions on how to fill out their ballot and use any pen they want to. One such moron is running for AZ Sec of State. The pen ink eventually gunks up the machines if it's not fully dried.

From what I've heard that's not the main issue today though. Has to do with some machines getting locked out of the system.
    I've been in AZ a couple of weeks now and this kind of fraud was predicted by the Rs. Katie Hobbs is the SoS and in charge of the election count. She is also the one running against Kari Lake for Governor. Hobbs should have recused herself.

Comment

• No, the whispers on NRO is that the polling in Georgia has DJT losing to DeSantis by 15 points. DJT is sucking up to Kemp. DJT legitimately fears DeSantis, and he should.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaGeezer View Post

I've been in AZ a couple of weeks now and this kind of fraud was predicted by the Rs. Katie Hobbs is the SoS and in charge of the election count. She is also the one running against Kari Lake for Governor. Hobbs should have recused herself.
        Kind of like Kemp in Georgia last election? Or is that different?
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Kemp is fairly popular (he's above 50%) and he's an R in a great year for Rs. He should demolish Abrams who, IMO, appeals way more to national Ds than she does to the Georgia electorate.

I think there are two outcomes in Georgia -- Walker wins at below 50% or Walker wins at above 50%. I don't think Warnock is winning today. He may win the run off, though.

As an aside, I don't know why Ds think it's a great idea to run the likes of Beto and Abrams in a red and reddish state respectively. I realize they're media darlings -- in part because they're losers and thus have never actually had to really govern, so they've never had to eat shit sandwiches. But, still, it seems like the right course of action would be to roll with a more conservative candidate that has appeal to independents.

I think the Ds fall into this belief that "turnout" wins elections -- there's just so much more Ds, that if they just get turnout, they win! But that means you ignore persuasion. That means you ignore running candidates that are more tailored to certain electorates. Because you literally don't care about changing minds -- you only care about turn out. I think the Ds won big in 2018 not because of some sort of huge turnout, but because a lot of voters changed their minds about DJT. It can happen.

Eh, whatever. I could go on about the flaws with the Rs, too, but that's one that strikes me about the Ds.
          You are right about people voting as push back against Trump, but I think you are discounting the power of the "party" in red states and GA and TX are still red states.

People are voting for the R in Georgia. Nothing more, nothing less.

Jesus Christ himself could run as a Dem in GA and they would still vote for Herschel instead of him.

BTW, Walker didn't run against Warnock. He ran against Biden and the evil Democrat baby killers.
          Last edited by CGVT; November 8, 2022, 04:22 PM.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• It will be interesting to see if DeSantis does take on Trump. The MSM will be in a quandary. Should they support DeSantis because that is clearly the best for the country? Or should they support Trump in the primary since he is the only candidate that can lose to a Dem in 2024?

Should any of the R candidates that the Ds gave money to in the primaries win tonight, then I hope those candidates make a big deal of it in their victory speech(es).

Comment

• Originally posted by DaGeezer View Post

Recused herself from what exactly? Her direct involvement is minimal. Sec of States run for Governor all the time. When Ken Blackwell here in Ohio ran for Governor in 2006 I'm pretty sure he didn't resign his position first.

Last I checked the Recorder in Maricopa County (who's in charge of actually running the Election) is a Republican. The Maricopa County commissioners were 4/5 Republican in 2020 and I think still are. Hack politicians have told endless lies about these people because they need scapegoats.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                No, the whispers on NRO is that the polling in Georgia has DJT losing to DeSantis by 15 points. DJT is sucking up to Kemp. DJT legitimately fears DeSantis, and he should.
                That's easy enough to see in Georgia where there's plenty of evidence that Trump is not popular. Dunno about nationwide though.

Comment

• Comment

• There are lots of places I’m unsure about, but I’ll tell you this — Florida is going to be a total bloodbath. DeSantis has turned a purple state where he was an underdog to beat Gillum (insert jokes) to a solid red state — maybe redder than Texas.

Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• What are the odds that on a day where the R voters vastly outnumber the D voters in an area where the election is controlled b Democrats, the machines would suddenly stop working?

What a weird week it has been. First, we find that Paul Pelosi answered the door for the police and didn't run out of the house or indicate that he was in serious distress. Then that report gets mysteriously memory-holed. Then this happens.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; November 8, 2022, 05:57 PM.

Comment

• guam is the first election called for a US rep seat.--dem was favored by 13 in polls--repub won it

florad seat frankel in a disgtrict biden won by 18--shes in big trouble if democrat turnout is the key in florida

nevada mr sulu is imploring dems to go to polls in vegas

mark kelly has to be sweating his bald head off over dem turnout in zona

red tidal wave is more like it

Comment

• When are the pollsters going to realize that folks who vote 'red' don't participate in polls?
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post

I cannot stress enough, once again, that Republicans in Pennsylvania could've easily fixed the system. They dominate the state legislature. All they literally have to do is copy word-for-word Florida's mail ballot system. Florida processes and counts millions of mail ballots before the polls even open election day.

But they won't do it. Why? Because it's far more advantageous for them to keep the system slow and broken and bitch about fraud every 2 years than actually fix anything.
                            This problem wasn't created by a Republican legislature. Pennsylvania never had this problem until two years ago, when a lawsuit brought by Democrats enforced extended counting because of the Covid-19 pandemic. I don't know whether Republicans do actually have the power to fix it. They don't occupy either the Governor's chair (who would certainly veto any changes) or the Secretary of State's office.

Very few, if any, of the electoral changes made in 2020 were made legislatively (i.e. legally). They were made unilaterally by Secretaries of State or by lawsuit.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; November 8, 2022, 05:59 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                              A lack of a cohesive message and of course Biden has been a disaster for the Dems
                              Biden has been a disaster.

FI4U!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

This problem wasn't created by a Republican legislature. Pennsylvania never had this problem until two years ago, when a lawsuit brought by Democrats enforced extended counting because of the Covid-19 pandemic. I don't know whether Republicans do actually have the power to fix it. They don't occupy either the Governor's chair (who would certainly veto any changes) or the Secretary of State's office.

Very few, if any, of the electoral changes made in 2020 were made legislatively (i.e. legally). They were made unilaterally by Secretaries of State or by lawsuit.
                                This is simply not true. Mail ballots were allowed for the first under PA state law passed by the Republican-majority legislature in 2019. Opening the state to no-excuse mail voting had NOTHING to do with covid measures.

Governor Wolf Signs Election Reform Bill Including New Mail-in Voting (pa.gov)

Literally everyone and their dad knew the law needed to be tweaked to allow for earlier counting of mail ballots like they do in Florida. The big counties have asked for this, so has the Governor. The one and only thing standing in the way of making Pennsylvania identical to Florida is the Republican legislature.

They "extended counting" you're complaining about was only for ballots postmarked by Election Day and recevied within 3 days. And those ended up being tiny in number and totally unimportant in the grand scheme of things.​

Comment

Working...
                                X